A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,489
Currently Running With Scissors:
610 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 7 -- Summer 2011 Gallery!  (Read 23218 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

palicious

personal swap friendly! PM me anytime :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: July 29, 2011 04:57:33 PM »

Finally!!! pictures of package #2 from LanaC.Sorry  it took so long to post!

1. A apron! going to be very useful when I'm using item #2
2. DIY screen printing kit that includes directions, a hoop, and paint!
3. Fabric for my stash!
4. My fav! sour patch gummies Smiley
5. threads! I can always use more of them Smiley

Thank you for a very useful package 2! I hope you enjoyed yours as much as I do mine Smiley
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011 05:00:13 PM by palicious » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tapestrymlp
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~Tapestry~

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #231 on: July 30, 2011 10:04:37 PM »

I received package #3 from Eveamlizya yesterday! Eeeeee! Such cuteness it burns!

Let me preface this by saying Eveamlizya has not worked with Polymer Clay for long. I only JUST sent her a how-to kit with her second package. Right now I am in awe of her art skills because she made the adorable figure below from polymer clay. Can you believe it?Huh Look at the detail! He's so stinking cute and perfect. She recreated a figure from my wist and did an awesome job at it. I love, love, love this little guy!

In addition to the amazing figure I also received six ATCs and three bookmarks. So cool. The fish ATC is my favorite. I can't wait to find a nice frame for the four flower ATCs - I think they're going to look awesome hanging on my wall.

Thanks for a great swap experience and wonderful presents Carlee! I love everything.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011 10:05:33 PM by tapestrymlp » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Tapestry~

Visit my Etsy store for magical crafts & whimsical figures, http://petitepotions.etsy.com
Eveamlizya
Lollipop Assassin

Art isn't a hobby...it's a way of LIFE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: July 30, 2011 10:48:35 PM »

I'm glad you liked everything.  Thanks again for sending the polymer kit because I loved creating that little guy even though it took me a long time lol.  I'm glad he found a good home.  Cheesy 
The koi ATC is my favorite too...it's my favorite coloring, Asagi, meaning dark blue.  Asagi is also the name of my favorite japanese singer from the band D. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whats_her_name
« Reply #233 on: August 02, 2011 07:17:41 AM »

Here is my
package number 2 from whats_her_name.

I love it all!!!!

Thank you so much Kerrie, this is a fantastic package and I love it all!

So glad you like everything; and that the hat fits perfectly - yay!!  That was my "disaster" I had talked about previously...  My first attempt didn't felt at all.  After 10 hours of trying to felt, I discovered that there was 70% acrylic in the yarn I had used and I was SO upset, because I thought it was just alpaca; didn't realize it was a blend...  So I had to start all over again...  But thank goodness it was all worth it with my 2nd attempt...

And I don't think I wrote about that little bag of washers in my letter.  They are much like scrabble tile pendants (these ones are not waterproof).  You can trace the washer onto some patterned paper and then glue it down and then use the resin to coat it and voil, you've got yourself a pendant for a necklace!!  I included 2 finished pendants and 3 empty ones for you to create your own.

And I finally tried the chili chocolate over the weekend.  It was lovely; not too hot at all.  My hubby has been enjoying it too.  Smiley

I'm still crafting package #3; but I should be ready to send in a day or two.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ewulotta
« Reply #234 on: August 02, 2011 11:17:23 AM »

This is really really late but here's package 1 from my partner aheartofglass. Unfortunately the letter explaining everything got lost during the moving process and I also can't find one item Sad, a lovely notebook - as far as I remember something that helps her keep organized. Anyway, here are all the other goodies:

Everything together

Close-ups

Worry Dolls from Guatemala

Lovely cards. The painting are by one of her friends.

Her favourite craft: Glass fusing. Unfortunately one of the earrings is broken Sad

Nevada stuff. I especially like the soap shaped like Nevada. The maps and the Nevada passport will come in handy in the classroom. The students have to prepare presentations about the States of America so the Nevada group will have some authentic material. Great!

A cute Snoopy bookmark that I forgot to include in the group shot.

Thank you, Cindy, for everything! It's so exciting to have learnt something about you that way. And sorry for posting that late!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'll swap for postcards, badges, maps or brochures from everywhere in the US! I'm an English teacher and always happy about authentic material for my classroom.

http://www.wists.com/Ewulotta
http://pinterest.com/Ewulotta/
aheartofglass

« Reply #235 on: August 02, 2011 03:55:15 PM »

Oh no! I can't believe that earring broke! (please send back and I'll repair it!)

This scares me for the large I'm making for you! I was worried about sending something fragile through the international mail but now I'm really worried since the earrings should have been fine!     Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster keeps the whimsey in my life!
thisbirdsabsurd

Be Happy!

« Reply #236 on: August 02, 2011 04:44:01 PM »

Okay - here we go - my fabulous package 3 from missingwillow.  I'm kinda sad it's the end but I really do feel like I made a great friend in this swap - it's been awesome!!
First of all I got this amazing bag inspired by one on my wist.  This is her first purse if you can believe it (I think she must be lying - it's too well made!!) - it's got so many pockets and opens up in such a great way - I'll be able to find everything!

Here's something else from my wist - and once again - embroidery is a new skill for her - isn't this just too cute?

And a table mat made from felted sweaters - it is gorgeous!!

And last but not least a super cute altered tin of sushi made by missingwillow, her daughter - even cackle had a hand in this one - I'm so lucky to receive something that so many talented people had a hand in!

Thank you for being such a great swap partner missingwillow - and thanks for becoming a great friend!!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011 04:50:26 PM by thisbirdsabsurd » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop is here!  www.thisbirdsabsurd.etsy.com
MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #237 on: August 02, 2011 06:02:00 PM »

I'm sad this swap is over, too.  I could easily swap with you a few times a year.   Smiley  I learned a lot of new things crafting for you.  Thank you! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
aheartofglass

« Reply #238 on: August 03, 2011 12:02:59 PM »

Package 2
Received from Ewulotta

What a wonderful package!!!!

The *Works* - love the hand dyed silk scarf! The colors are perfect!!!

A "learn to Tat" kit with some gorgeous purple and blue thread! (hopefully I will not just make a bunch of knots! this is a difficult skill to master LOL)

Something local - a story about Elves of Cologne (I love elves! my grandson and I will emjoy this) and a favorite artist Klee - looking forward to giving this a listen

Some local postcards from her new home. Some "fruits" for summer essential!!! Since fruit would have never made it she sent yummy fruit bath scents!

Thank you so much Ewulotta! I loved everything!!

(which only makes me more sad that my Package 2 to you was lost...  Embarrassed)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster keeps the whimsey in my life!
mandykaye
« Reply #239 on: August 03, 2011 12:50:44 PM »

I received package number 3 from SevsOnlyGirl today!! Its an amazingly awesome fairy house!! I will try to get pics up ASAP!!!! Thanks so much Dawn for being an awesome partner!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Hem Stitch
How to Use Scrapbook Templates
How to Buy Iron On Patches
How to Design T-shirts with Iron On Patches
How to Buy Iron On Letters
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...