A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
541 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 7 -- Summer 2011 Gallery!  (Read 22442 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

whats_her_name
« Reply #220 on: July 26, 2011 07:34:21 AM »

First, I have to apologize for posting so late.  I was in the middle of prepping 4 weddings (I do stationery) all on the same weekend, THEN we ended up going out of town for a week.  But I'm back at 'er now and can finally say a big THANK YOU to my pal, Onyxnox for the terrific parcel #2!

First, she sent me some sewing goodies.  Shown is a sewing machine skirt.  Put it under your machine and it hangs in the front with a pincushion and some pockets for your common tools (and thread snippets, too, I'm sure!)  And a matching portable ironing mat.  Love the fabric!

She also sent me this craft apron.  So many handy pockets!  I forgot to take a picture of the goodies inside the apron.  She gave me some thread snips and a retractable measuring tape.  So handy!

Next, she gave me a scrabble tile pendant kit, complete with instructions and notes from her experience.  Really looking forward to playing with this.

She knows that Calla Lilies are my favorite flower, so she made me this beautiful hoop.  Love it.

And some hairclips with these adorable beaded flowers.  My daughter has already laid claim to these.  lol...

Finally, the extras.  A cool ghost story book, a chocolate bar that I'm a little afraid to try (hot chile chocolate - yikes!!), some ginger chews, a silk (?) scarf, and 2 spools of ribbon.

I feel truly spoiled.  Grin  Thanks very much!  I hope you like your parcel as much as I've enjoyed mine!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #221 on: July 26, 2011 07:28:21 PM »

You have to try the chili chocolate - it is not "hot", it has a great chocolate taste and there is subtle chili heat that sneaks up on you and just gives you a pleasant warmth.  LOVE it!   I know the calla lily hoop is completely amateur but I felt the compulsion to do it, especially as I have not done a lick of embroidary/needlework in years and have been wanting to get back into it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
thisbirdsabsurd

Be Happy!

« Reply #222 on: July 27, 2011 08:51:36 AM »

Great package - I know from experience what a great partner onyxnox is - and I want to try those scrabble tiles too!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop is here!  www.thisbirdsabsurd .etsy.com
najaorama
Tutorial Contributor

My kung fu is strong today!

« Reply #223 on: July 28, 2011 05:23:27 PM »

I received my second package like two weeks ago (I think) but life went a little haywire so Im just getting around to posting pics now.
Raennn sent a great package. I love it.

She sent a bunch of "ugly" dresses because repurposing is a hobby of mine. THis is ging to inspire me to get back at it. A great watercolor painting of a dragonfly, cuz they are my favorite. A bracelet and crocheted necklace in purple (my favorite color). and a amigourami seal cuz I love ocean life. Great package. Thank yuo and sorry it took me so long to post pics.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Go to your bosom, knock there, and see what your heart doth know." WS Measure for Measure

www.najadruva.com
SilentMynerva
Crafty Goddess!

The Silent Roman Goddess of Wisdom!

« Reply #224 on: July 28, 2011 09:15:49 PM »

I received from Linnybelle quite a bit ago but haven't been able to post pictures because I couldn't find batteries for my camera.
Here is Package #2 from Linnybelle

Here are the pictures!!! I got two magazines, a crochet magazine (which is Interweave Crochet, I love this magazine), and another magazine... I think it is a paper type one... haven't been able to get through it.. still trying to finish my package threes.

This is a how to journal book... I have pretty much read the whole thing!!! And a bookbinding kit!!!! I have been really wanting to get into it and am happy to have some stuff to practice with! Smiley I also got some fabric that I LOVE!

I then got a purse which I haven't used yet but it will get used... especially because it is small and I needed more small purses. I also got three skeins of yarn which are very soft. and some pretty postit notes.... I love post it notes!

Overall, I loved everything and can't wait to start playing with all my new stuff Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilentMynerva
Crafty Goddess!

The Silent Roman Goddess of Wisdom!

« Reply #225 on: July 28, 2011 09:40:17 PM »

I just recently got my package from Australia!! Here is:
Package #2 from Mod35tBabe

Here is a group picture. I got some rainbow toe socks!! which I love colorful socks in general. I got some Arm Warmers that were made which I'm still trying to figure out how to wear them... haha... I got some odds and ends for journaling which is ALWAYS a good thing! Smiley
I also got some pink zebra print shoelaces which I haven't quite decided which shoes I am gonna put them on yet. I also got a thick fabric Skull Choker... which I LOVE and have to wait til this heat passes before I can wear it. And I got a canvas thing with an awesome saying on it!!

Another thing I got was a SKULL WIP Crochet Bag!!! the skull is a pocket also for me to put some odds and ends!! Also with it is a hook roll that has some amazing music fabric (I love music fabric, I played the flute all through middle school and high school and the piano in college!!) Included were a bunch of colorful hooks!!! (I usually prefer metal hooks but these are pretty awesome!) And also I got a measuring tape (you might be able to see it in the picture).

I am happy with my Package 2s and can't wait to receive package three... and also send the package threes Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AttieNichole

Welcoming Spring!

« Reply #226 on: July 29, 2011 01:54:17 AM »

This is package two that i sent to ollieorange  Grin

package two
Everything together:  five upcycled fabrics to add to stash, armwarmers(medium utilizing best craft/upcycling with crochet), buttons, small containers, a Green is the new Black book, and the cutest picture frame that I made a mini collage in that says "make a friend."

buttons

the armwarmers and what I assume to be perhaps her favorite button that was sent Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

attienichole.etsy.c om
ecozombie.etsy.com
pinterest.com/aimeetraveler
Linnybelle
« Reply #227 on: July 29, 2011 05:07:52 AM »

I'm glad you liked the Crochet magazine.  I tried to pick the most interesting looking one.  Also, the other magazine has a little of everything in it, but there was a book binding article in it, so that's mostly why I sent it.  Funny thing, I almost made you that skull bag too.   Smiley

It's lots of fun to see everyone's packages.  The dresses in one of the packages were a fun idea.  I really like the flower necklaces too.  They look like a lot of fun to wear.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
Mod35tBabe
« Reply #228 on: July 29, 2011 07:57:49 AM »

Glad you liked it - as for the arm warmers, they didn't come out the size I wanted so I cut it and put in grommets so you can tie it up to the size that suits you. I tried them on to make sure it worked and thought having the bow/excess ribbon at the elbow end worked better. Probably helps to have someone else tie it too lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please',I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #229 on: July 29, 2011 08:27:00 AM »

Here is my
package number 2 from whats_her_name.

It was delivered a few days ago, but I had no idea because it was dropped in one of the bedrooms that we are no longer using because of renovations - thank goodness one of my friends mentioned it to me afterwards that a package was delivered or goodness knows how long it would have been neglected!  

I love it all!!!!

First off, she sent me a great papercrafting package, including decorative frames.  It gives me an idea of what to do with the new blank wall we will have going up the staircase to our new second floor.  There is lots of papery goodness, glue, brads and other interesting little findings.

There is a coconut and almond chocolate bar too - teehee - too bad, DH loves chocolate and almonds, but he HATES coconut - so I DO NOT HAVE TO SHARE for once!!!!!

There is this fabric covered notebook that matches the little case she made me in round one - love this.  I can never have to many notebooks and journals because I am always making lists and jotting things down.

She also sent me some wisty stuff - a kit to knit a woolen sheep hot water cover - I LOVE this!!!!  I would have loved the sheep, but to have the kit to make my own makes me even more super happy!  Thank you so much Kerrie - this is so thoughtful, because now I can make some for my (always ever cold) sister's in law and neices!

See that on the left?  That is also a great felted hat she knit me.  I used to hate hats and wearing a hat in the winter, but I have come to realise as I get older that my head gets cold and have learned a new appreciation for hats.  The problem is that I am certain my head is oddly shaped because hats seem to always slide off.  Not this one - it is actually a perfect fit!  I love the colour too and that I can embellish it however I want.  Next time I am at my favourite bead store, I am picking up some hat pins and ribbons just so I can make some accessories for the hat!

Thank you so much Kerrie, this is a fantastic package and I love it all!

Off to do some more on #3 - especially as i realise now  I am running late on it!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011 08:28:12 AM by Onyxnox » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Makeup Mistakes To Avoid
Facial Toners You Can Make At Home
Need to Know: The Return of Penny Loafers, Cheap Eats, and Closed Circuit
8 Mistakes You Should Avoid When Applying Makeup
How To Prep Oily Skin For Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...