A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,170
Currently Running With Scissors:
550 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 7 -- Summer 2011 Gallery!  (Read 24946 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

missiejean
Just another crafter in this crazy world.

...don't dream it, be it.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2011 08:49:11 AM »

Package #1

I got my package from Missie about a week ago. I just moved into a new apartment out of state so it's taken me forever to catch an OK internet signal. That being said, a lot of her stuff has coincided nicely with moving in.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nessamctastic/5805080735

1. Box of frozen ice pops (not pictured) we ate these our first day. Smiley
2. Box of Kleenex with a hula girl on them, also not pictured. Very cute and used our first day since my husband and I are dying of allergies here in TN.
3. Magnetic dry erase board. Husband confiscated that and is using it at work so it's also not pictured, sorry!
4. Kerroppi pencils and notebook. She loves frogs and I love anything Hello Kitty so it's a win-win.
5. Some cat treats and catnip mice for my cat Little Jerry Seinfeld. I think this is a present to Jerry from her dog, though. Wink
6. Hibiscus embroidered hand towels which are up in both of our bathrooms. The master bath has a sea/underwater theme so it goes really well!
7. Vaseline lip balm
8. A mini tin of altoids (I'll probably craft something with the tin when I'm done with the mints!)
9. Scentsy car freshener in her favorite smell. I like it too!
10. A cute pair of socks
11. Zebra print pencil case.
12. A box of fruit teas, also one of my favorites. As I was unwrapping each gift my husband was commenting how similar Missie and I are.
13. Hand sanitizer.

Thanks for spoiling me Missie! I'm working on package number two and I hope you like it. It's going to be mostly handmade, unlike box 1 which was 100% purchased.

Woohoo!! Glad you liked everything!! And even more glad you can use everything  Grin
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011 09:22:31 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: please don't quote photos, thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

...I love my husband, he gets out of my way, and lets me craft.

*INTERESTED IN PERSONAL SWAPS!!*
Ratfinkz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Rataholic

Animal Mad!

« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2011 12:05:01 PM »

I received about a week and a half ago -b ut have been soooo busy I havent had time to do the photos etc!!!! So sorry Whitesheep!!!! And it was an amazing package that really should have been shared earlier!

It all came wrapped in pretty wrapping paper - which made it feel like christmas - and I dont think you could know how happy I was with the note paper the letter was written on - it was Diddle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've loved Diddle for about 15 years -ever since a school trip to Germany where I saw him - longggggggggg before he was available over here!!!!!! Now he is available over here I keep meaning to start collecting him -b ut haven't got round to it yet! (Also -as a pet rat keeper it's right up my street - although I wanst a keeper when I first fell in love with him!)

Anyway without further ado - onto the pics!!!!!

All the packages were labelled - and explained in the letter in the order I open it - so will put the pics up in the order  I opened them.

1) Something which relates to yarn or thread: I looooove this!!!! My first ever hand dyed roving - as I'm just learning to spin - and masses of beautiful purpley yarn to knit with! Cheesy

2) Something local - an Isle of Man badge (I'm soooooooooooo jealous of her living there btw have always wanted to visit!) and a pen (Which isn't in the pic as I've already put it in my bag for using!

(Sorry for blurriness!)

3) Something you always keep in your purse - Tea!!!! Am not a big tea drinker - but I do enjoy trying different flavours - and have been looking at these 'Tea Pigs' for ages! And this flavour does look rather yummy - will be trying some after i've done this I think!

4) Something relating to your favourite craft! A gorgeous piece of fabric - and an interesting looking magazine I shall have a read of while I drink my tea shortly!

5) Something edible! Reversey percey's - which I'd never had before but which are GORGEOUS - there's not much left in the bag as you can see! and a bar of Isle of Man chocolate shaped like the island:

I must say this girl knows how to make a friend - buy me chocolate and I'll love you forever! Cheesy

6) Something relating to your favourite non-crafting hobby:

Isle of Man TT book! I've enjoyed the TT for years (though missed it the last few!) so really looking forward to reading this!

7) Something which helps keep you organised! Well - 2 somethings! An awesome pincushion - really want to know how you made this! And a fab fabric basket which will be great for keeping scraps of fabric and off cuts of wool in while I'm crafting -a s at the moment they get spread around the livingroom floor and drive my fiance mad!

and the inside of the bowl and other side of pin cushion - (have needed a pin cushion for sooooooo long - but dont like the boring shop bought ones!)

Cool Something you consider a summer essentail! Seeds Smiley I'm not a gardner - but am really interested in growing these - going to get some pots shortly - and plant them! Love the idea of growing my own veg!

9) Something else which is your favourite. This AMAZING art yarn!!!! So excited by this - it's just my cup of tea!!!!! Whitesheep says it reminds her of wet winter nights which she loves - and I can see where she's coming from - but it reminds me of a stormy sea - which I love - am obsessed by the ocean! So - I'm sooooooooooooo chuffed with this! Whitesheep says she cant wait to see what I knit from it - and I've been humming and harring -b ut think I'm going to settle on a scarf - to keep me warm when I walk my dog by the sea during the colder months (11/12th of the year here in the UK!) Look - isn't it stunning?!

10) lastly - something which is a kitchen essential - a cup cake holder! Never seen these before -b ut it's soooo cool!! Need to bake some cupcakes now to go in it!

Thanks again Whitesheep - I love love love it all!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Sarah
XXX

Jack of most crafts master of none.

My 12 days of Christmas post

My craft blog. If you are swapping with me be warned this may contain spoilers
http://ratfinkzcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
SMLounsbury
« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2011 01:20:16 PM »

Package # 1

Sorry about the delay in posting pics.  We are coming up to the end of the school year and life has been extra crazy.  Anyway I received a great package from MedusaLisa.  Sorry about the lack of pictures.  I had kids grabbing from every angle!

The whole lot

Just a quick run down.  We have a henna kit (summer item) that Olivia and I hope to use for our beach trip, fun fur, a scarf, a Nightmare Before Christmas necklace, Scooby Doo Fruit snacks (gone in seconds), Kids playing cards & coloring books, a much needed Tide pen (I have three kids, lol), a teddy bear for Harper and a cool hair clip!  There is also the best. salsa. ever.  in my fridge all the way from Texas.  I love, love, love spicy food!!!!!!

The coolest scarf ever modeled by Olivia

Cool close up of the nightmare before christmas necklace that is in my Disney box because we are totally going in October and will be going to Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party!  Yay!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ashley G.
« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2011 03:52:04 PM »

I received my package from iliveonarainbow a few days ago.

I apologize for the delay in posting a picture >__<

Here's a shot of what I got Cheesy

1. Something with my favorite animal: An elephant painting
2. Something edible: Bubble gum
3. Something you wear on your body: Rose ring
4. Something that reflects your personal style: An owl necklace
5. Something that has a sentimental value: A rainbow charm
6. Something related to your favorite video game: A crocheted llama
7. Something related to your favorite tv show: Glee mousepad
8. Something with your favorite pattern: Striped fabric
9. Something that keeps you organzied: baggies
10. Something related to yarn: Yarn

I'm sorry the picture isn't very good. I haven't been able to locate my camera, so the cell phone was used.

Got a better idea of some of my partner's likes, so I look forward to package 2. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011 03:58:29 PM by Ashley G. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Developers. Developers. Developers. Developers."
- Steve Balmer

faeriegirl
« Reply #124 on: June 12, 2011 09:26:25 PM »

Grin *squeals* I Recieved my package today from Karwash ! my cheeky daughter helped me open it and tried to swipe MOST of the things while i was still getting pictures ! what a great package and wow your handwriting is SO neat ! (mine is AWFUL) each item was individually labelled ! (pretty sure i just squished mine all in the box and scribbled a note) - i might be able to learn from you !  . . . ok ok i will stop waffling and post pics .

*something from favourite store -  Target bag Smiley  our target here dont have such cool bags :p
*Favourite musical artist Adele ( on rolling stone cover ! )
*related to yarn is the cutest comfiest crochet hat (which you can see Jazmine modelling
*something that smells good vanilla lip gloss ! i LOVE it best timing too i had just run out Cheesy
*favorite character muppets !!! sillybandz these are very cool ! sillybandz are only just catching on here but we love them !!!
*something related to reading is a bookmark with a GORGEOUS Gorilla on it !!! Cheesy  we are reading charlie and the chocolate factory at the moment and dont have a bookmark THANKYOU !
*favourite hair accessory  headbands ! me too ! there ones are very cute and girly !
*something drinkable _ Crystal Lite (pink lemonade) yay  i love pink lemonade flavour but have never seen this drink ! cant wait to try it !
*summer essential beach party scented candle (because she couldnt fit a whole beach party in the box !!!)
*always in her purse Mints ! yes me too !!! but i have never seen ice breakers ! they are great !
*yellow legal pad ! to keep you organised ! i think this is just what i need !
*and my favourite !!! the pout pout fish which she has painted to look like the fish from her school kids (she is a pre school teacher) favorite story ! its SO cute i think i need you to send me this book Smiley
THANKS Karwash x
jess
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011 11:14:44 PM by faeriegirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
zigg13pra

You underestimate my power

« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2011 08:23:56 AM »

Package #1

I received from my partner, Myyrh.

Something with favorite pattern: tie-dye tshirt
Something always in purse: An Altoid tin
Something that reflects style: Hemp necklace

Something related to a song: Ocean scented tassels
An essential to summer: Deep hair conditioner
Something that smells good: A stress relief candle

Something native to area: Huckleberry jam
Something that keeps organized: Little boxes (these are my fave!)

Something made of paper: A secret
Something sentimental: A bottle of glass from a car crash

Thanks for a great package, I think we have a lot of likes.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011 08:24:39 AM by zigg13pra » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deece in MN
« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2011 02:38:51 PM »

Package #1

I finally have a few minutes to post pics of what I received from craftycakelady.  Yay! Smiley

Something made of paper: handmade notecards; love them!
Things kept in a purse: dental floss (have made use of this already Smiley ), mints and notepad (this also was part of #27 - organization)
Favorite craft supply: fat quarters!  I can never have too many of these! Smiley

Non-craft hobby: bookmark; the flowers are beautiful!
Reflects style: mug rug; I love these fabrics!  I will use this when enjoying my morning tea or coffee.
Something edible: cookies; I love shortbread cookies!  I am eating them as I type this. Smiley
Freebie: tea wallet; this will be handy as I love tea.

Summer essential: cookie cutters; I thought this was very creative!  I love baking cookies so these will come in handy.
Kitchen staple: apron;  I love the size of this apron!  It will help me stay clean in the kitchen. Smiley

There was also a seam ripper that was for the craft essential category.  I didn't get a picture of it as I had to put it to use right away and forgot to get it in the pics. Smiley

Thank you craftycakelady!  I enjoyed this round and can't wait for the others.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karwash
« Reply #127 on: June 14, 2011 04:20:41 PM »

faeriegirl I'm glad you enjoyed my handwriting. My friends make fun of me because it is so neat and screams that I'm a teacher. And I may have a pouty fish surprise in the next package too, you never know.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As children, we all live in a world of imagination, of fantasy, and for some of us that world of make-believe continues into adulthood.
- Jim Henson
najaorama
Tutorial Contributor

My kung fu is strong today!

« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2011 07:32:10 PM »

I got my package from raennn like a week ago and just getting to post pics now
Yummy soap for something that smells good, a thrfted purse in turquoise (her favorite color), a vampire yoyo, and ginger her kitchen staple. I love ginger!

Local honey, a sleep mask that helps her relax, and a purple bandana that is a favorite hair accessory.

Watercolors for her favorite craft, a postcard from her favorite vacation spot and Monet greeting cards because "Who doesn't love impressionist waterscapes?" I certainly do.

and I forgot to include something from her purse great burts bees chap stick and a crochet needle.

Great package, thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Go to your bosom, knock there, and see what your heart doth know." WS Measure for Measure

www.najadruva.com
aheartofglass
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2011 04:24:12 PM »

I received my Round 1 Package from Ewlotta on Thursday! It was a lovely surprise but, unfortunately, the package was damaged and I think a couple of things were lost.  Sad
The post office apology

The works

Something made of paper - A Corner book mark! (very clever and I love the colors! I will use this a lot) and its on the corner of
Something related to non-craft hobby - Reading (a Kate Chopin book called The Awakening which I'm sure I will enjoy too! I am also a reader) The book is wrapped in
Something related to Reading - a fabric book cover! lovely fabric! I see we have very similar taste
Something essential to favorite craft - Fabric (pretty fat quarter!) I will have to try the button making kit I have now! since I cannot sew worth a darn!
Something that helps keep her organized: a zippered purse - very cute fabric an lined! I will use this a lot!
Something drinkable - chai tea powder - yummmmmmm

Something you wear on your body - a Scrabble tile necklace with a cute little squirrel on it! (I love this so much!)
Something from favorite store: Face masks! (from her favorite drugstore!!! lol) I will use one with my evening bath for a luxurious facial!
Something related to yarn - a dream catcher - she makes these lovely things as gifts for friends! Lucky Me! I will hang it near my bed!
Something always in her bag - a tea wallet! Yay! I love these and it's full of nice teas!

a bonus! a copy of her wedding invitation and a photo! *squeal* so lovely! I didn't show the photo in-case she would prefer not, but the card is lovely!

From the letter I deduce that the postal staff is enjoying:
Something local - Sweets shaped like the suspension trains of her town of Schwebis
Something with her favorite animal on it - sheep milk soap
Something of her personal style - felt bead bracelet
Something sentimental - a little beaver

Although I'm sorry that these items didn't arrive, I am thrilled with what I did receive! So WAY over the top!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster keeps the whimsey in my life!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How a Comedian Creates Meaningful Career Goals
Matt Ruby on How to Make Personal Connections in a Crowded Room
Thinking Maps Differently
How Standup Comedian Creates and Refines Material
Matt Ruby on Why Standup Comedians Need a Short and Long Game
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...