A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 304,878
Currently Running With Scissors:
661 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 7 -- Summer 2011 Gallery!  (Read 24127 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AttieNichole

Welcoming Spring!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2011 05:15:48 PM »

Received from ollieorange last week and just had the time to post pictures.  Whew what a week!  First let me start out by saying that I loved everything I received.  She really nailed down my interests and sent things I would really use often!
Package One

Here is everything together.

I received:  a madison post card (cannot find, will post later), three kinds of tea and a wonderful teacup inspired by my wists, decorated clothespins, lavender hand sanitizer, a pouch sewn from leftover wedding fabric, water bottles (which she collects), water bottle cozy with her favorite musican's (The Jicks) album art on it, kitchen staple of curry powder with a recipe, a rapunzel scarf, crystalized ginger, leopard print nail file, fused glass tree pendant, fused flower magnet, and lots (and I mean lots) of coupons (!!!  Smiley   !!!)

Close up of the tea cup

Close up of the clothespins

Rapunzel Scarf and waterbottle and cozy

tree pendant

Thank you so much ollieorange!!!  Can't wait for package two!!!

Package Two

I received package number two a few days ago.  I am really happy with this package.  I received an embroidery kit (which I've wanted for several years now), AND a stenciling kit.  Altogether, I received, a tee-shirt, socks, embroidery supplies (lots of embroidery floss, fabric, a hoop, scissors, a small embroidered butterfly project to try out, recycled cardboard holders for the embroidery floss, embroidery needles...I hope I'm not leaving something out), and a stenciling kit (acrylic paint, medium to mix with the acrylic paint to make it permanent, freezer paper for stenciling, and a sponge brush), and check out the card she sent!  It's so cute and I'm very happy with all my lute!

package three
I received the final package a while ago and am now just getting around to posting pictures.  I received new additions to my wardrobe which really made my day.  Here is everything!  I received a black fight club tee, which is wonderful because the only one I had was white and I really needed a black one.  I not only like the design, but she chose an amazing shirt for the transfer to go on.  It has ribbing on the arms which conceals flabby arm, and the collar of the shirt is a looser fit, reminding me of french style tees.  She also made me a cotton skirt with a large/thick waistband, which helps it to stay in place and hides tummy bulge.  I really enjoy how flattering this skirt is.  The pictures don't do justice,  but it's a skirt that can go with pretty much anything and be classsy, cool, professional, etc, whatever I need it to be.  I also received a cool headband which is really fun.  It brings out my natural side Smiley 

Thanks so much OllieOrange!  You totally rocked these packages and I'm so happy with them!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011 03:07:20 AM by AttieNichole » THIS ROCKS   Logged

attienichole.etsy.com
ecozombie.etsy.com
pinterest.com/aimeetraveler
A2JC4life
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2011 07:07:32 PM »

Package 1

I received Saturday from Southern Flower, and am just now getting to post pictures. 

Something to do with thread: tatting thread and book with DVD (also some shuttles that show up in a later picture).  My partner and I both want to learn.  (This was definitely bigger than a small, though! lol)

Something always kept in her purse: a library card wallet (we're both avid readers), and paper soaps.  (With young children, these will definitely come in handy!)
Kitchen Staple (part 1): pinch bowls  (Can you believe these are made out of bamboo?  So cool!)

Something drinkable: tea
Something to wear: jewelry she made - it's beautiful!

Closer pic of the jewelry

Bonus favorite: t-shirt with sparkles and perfume

Something that reflects her personal style: Project Runway pattern represents fashion taste and love for fashion innovation
Something edible: chocolate!  (This is already gone. Cheesy )
And the tatting shuttles

Something sentimental: The Red Tent (which she gave to her mother, who never read it - but her dad did. lol)
Bonus favorite: book of trivia (This looks like a lot of fun.  My poor hubby is constantly getting random "why" questions from me - I ask bizarre questions like a 2-year-old would ask! lol)

Kitchen Staple, part 2: tea mug.  This is absolutely gorgeous!  I think the symbol on it says "happiness," since the tag calls it a "happiness mug." And it has an insert for steeping the tea without getting leaves in your drink.
Something local: yummy-smelling soy candle  (This is great!  I have been cutting back on candle usage because I don't like having the paraffin fumes throughout the house.  But soy is perfect!)

Better photo of the candle and...
Something to do with paper/related to her favorite flower: Jasmine inchies!

Thank you for a fantastic package (and I am so glad it really did arrive safe)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

southern flower
Better the Devil that you know...

I'm not arrogant, I'm just right

« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2011 09:00:44 PM »

I am so glad you liked it!  I know the tatting book isn't quite a small - but it has the DVD in it - something I've never seen and I think the only way you can learn!  I have like 5 other tatting books and I'm still clueless Smiley  I am so glad you like the jewelry ( I too normally wear silver) but I've found antiques brass is a good alternative  - Looking forward to finishing up your next package, your letter firmed up my ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bellyjewel

"Holy haberdashery!"

« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2011 09:14:39 PM »

love that paris tee its so cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm interested in personal swaps just pm me

my pinterest: http://pinterest.com/bellyjewel/
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2011 09:45:27 PM »

We used to play D&D and other RPGs too - but it just got so hard getting people together with differing schedules - I miss it a lot Sad

Great first packages so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
CleanFeelin

Crafter's Block = My worst enemy

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2011 11:26:58 AM »

Wow everyone's packages look amazing! 

Crafting package two has taken a life of it's own.  I planned one thing and have come out with another.  But I am not complaining!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
wists.com/CPhelan
Pinterest
pinterest.com/cphelan318/

Current Swaps:
Mini 12 Days of Christmas - Crafting!

Personal Swaps Welcome
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2011 03:25:15 PM »

Package 1 from Zombie_Queen!

Favorite Non-chocolate candy: Gingerchews
Something that's always in her purse: measuring tape

Reflection of her style: Frankenstein sticker
Made of paper: Postcard

Edible: vegan cookie
drinkable: coconut chai tea

Fave Character: Dr. Who Tardis tea towel
something that smells good: lavendar soap

something wearable: earrings
something related to yarn: sock yarn!

Fave Craft supply: Fiber!

essential to fave craft: handspun yarn

Hair accessory: brass knuckles bow clip

Thanks hon! It's fun seeing all the things you came up with and it's so nice that we have a lot in common because everything will get used! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
SilentMynerva
Crafty Goddess!

The Silent Roman Goddess of Wisdom!

« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2011 03:29:56 PM »

So received a couple of days ago and just haven't gotten to post the pictures. This is from my 2nd Swap Partner

LINNYBELLE

Package 1:
how it looked when I opened the box.

here is after I opened all the individual packages. I didn't get a pic of the chocolates until later because Texas Heat means chocolate does not stay solid so those had to be put in the fridge for a couple of days.

Bubbles - Summer Essential
Nail File - Always found in Purse/Bag
Socks - Something she collects... I collect too... I love colorful socks Smiley
Two Christmas Ornaments - Favorite Holiday... I get to add this to my collection of ornaments that my family has collected over the years.
Native Tongue - Something involving other hobby, Reading. I love to read too, so I'm hoping to start on this soon!!
Kusudama paper flower - if I spelled that right, but something made out of paper. It kinda got squished but it's made out of magazines.
Flamingo Napkins - Something with favorite Animal, i have no idea what I'm gonna do with these but I don't want to use them as napkins.
Artic White Hot Chocolate - Favorite Drink. I don't care for coffee so these are definitely going to be used.

NOT PICTURED in the group shot

Choxie Chocolate - Something Edible... Dark Chocolate which melted on the way here and my nephew has already started munching on it.
Baking Chocolate - Kitchen Staple, which my sister is going to enjoy, I can't bake or cook but my sister does. Here are details.

Here are close up of everything else in thumbnail style!!! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

coconutbells
Mama Cass

I love old timey things, and miniatures

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2011 05:02:12 PM »

oh my god everything you got is my fav kinds of things! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karwash
« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2011 05:17:51 PM »

I received the most excellent package from faeriegirl today! I don't care what she says because I absolutely love it. I'm going to post this quickly because I need a nap to fight this cold I have coming on. I am determined to not get fully sick!!

Everything was in this cute little box with her favorite animal, the cat, on it. To make it even cuter, the sheet music is Everybody Wants to be a Cat from Aristocats.

hedgehog pincushion (craft essential)
some candies (something edible)
measuring tape headband (hair accessory)
info on the tasmanian devil (something local)
pig (favorite game, pass the pig)
bubbles (always in bag)
post-its and magnetic to-do list (keep organized)

little bear hug card (from favorite store)
tasmanian devil (again local)
tea wallet (favorite flower, poppy)
apple cinnamon tea (something drinkable)
coffee and vanilla tealights (something that smells good)

The candles smell unbelievably good. I knew the exact smell and surprised myself by hoping it was actual coffee. Apparently I have become a coffee drinker. I'm also really looking forward to the tea. This package was awesome and I'm so excited with my new friend!  Cheesy Thanks faeriegirl!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As children, we all live in a world of imagination, of fantasy, and for some of us that world of make-believe continues into adulthood.
- Jim Henson
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Tailgate - Spatchcocked Chicken
Learn how to Make Tuna Burgers
How to Make Homemade Stuffing, Part 1
How to Make the Perfect Turkey Gravy
How to Use Thanksgiving Leftovers
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...