A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,476
Currently Running With Scissors:
712 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 7 -- Summer 2011 Gallery!  (Read 23197 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SilentMynerva
Crafty Goddess!

The Silent Roman Goddess of Wisdom!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2011 06:57:47 PM »

I'm glad you liked everything. And I hoped the flower didn't get smushed. The origami lily I learned specifically for this swap. ^.^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tapestrymlp
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~Tapestry~

« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2011 08:58:52 PM »

I received from Eveamlizya! She sent me a lovely package filled with lots of goodies. Pics below:

An altered movie reel tin (eeee! love this!), a toilet paper roll scrapbook album (OMG, this is awesome I can't believe those are tp rolls!), two bookmark notebooks, some fun beads and trinkets, and 2 "Magic - The Gathering" novels.

The craft Eveamlizya is most known for on the boards is her gorgeous ATCs so it's no surprise that my package came filled with ATC loveliness:

I love the character ones the best even though I'm not familiar with the anime series they are drawn from. But all of the ATCs are wonderful and inventive. Here's a close up of the Gothic Quotes ATC because it's hard to see in the pic above. The quotes inside made me laugh:

Thanks Eveamlizya for a wonderful first package! I really hope you loved your first package as much as I loved mine!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Tapestry~

Visit my Etsy store for magical crafts & whimsical figures, http://petitepotions.etsy.com
Eveamlizya
Lollipop Assassin

Art isn't a hobby...it's a way of LIFE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2011 10:22:53 PM »

I'm glad you liked everything.  I actually had to make a copy of those anime characters because they are my favorite and I wanted them! LOL.  Grell, the red hair, reminds me so much of myself (glasses, green eyes, eccentric) so I love him!  Can't wait for package 2!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

faeriegirl
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2011 02:41:30 AM »

Smiley wow ! these are amazing ! i have terrible swap anxiety now . . . i was being tight because i didnt know how much postage would cost so tried to keep my items really small :/  I have already promised my partner i will make it up to her in the next 2 packages
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FinRaziel
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2011 07:19:40 AM »

oh my!! feverdream, the action shots of May have made my morning! she is so lovely. im glad she likes the snitch Smiley  my cats were so pissed bc i wouldn't let them near it, since i didn't want other cat scent on it for when your cat got it.  if it was anywhere near them they would just freak out. i had to keep it locked up in a closet!

anyway, im glad you like the package Smiley  i have already started making something for package 2, and im super excited about it  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

make a friend swap: planning/crafting
one tiny stuffie round 5: crafting!

15/50 projects in 2011: link

wists.com/FinRaziel
amnesia
« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2011 09:27:48 AM »

I particularly love the ATCs and the altered tin --what a cool package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lacey0828
« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2011 09:32:16 AM »

I love the film reel!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

« Reply #77 on: June 02, 2011 12:43:18 PM »

PACKAGE #1

I received from Faux_Valentine today, and I think we may be very nearly the same person Tongue

Everything was wrapped in some great scrapbook paper, but I was impatient and forgot to take a picture of it all wrapped up Smiley I will probably be using that paper in some decoupage project in the future though - cause it is all awesome.

This is what the paper all looks like! Isn't it just awesome!?

Ok on to the loot Wink
Here is the family picture:

Her fave craft supply is Insulbright (which I have never tried but REALLY want to!!) and this is her fave pattern of fabric - it comes in a lot of color varieties, she tells me. I LOVE this color combo (plus it is a nice soft flannel!)

and the cute skulls

Something related to reading: A Kathy Reichs Book!! This is funny for 2 reasons. 1. I love Kathy Reichs. 2. Forensic Anthropology is my field of choice. Plus I don't think I have this one. I mean I've read it, cause I read her books voraciously, but I reread them over and over and over!!
Something related to yarn or thread: Yarn!! In the prettiest color combo! I truly love love love this color. I just wish I had more faith in my crochet to make socks!! It may have to happen!! (Though I was also thinking this would make a BEAUTIFUL snood!!)

Something she collects - Rulers! How ingenious! This is going in my wallet! (If It just goes in my purse i will inevitably break it. I am a klutz, it will happen).
Something Local: Gates BBQ Sauce - What Miss Faux_Valentine doesn't know is that BBQ sauce is my absolute favorite condiment. It is true, and I am so excited for this. God I need a life hahaha! The fact that I have a fave condiment probably says something about me Tongue

Something related to her fave holiday: Halloween - SKULL ICE!!! Ok These are something I have wanted for quite awhile. I love bones. It is true. Skulls are awesome. Ice is awesome (I have ice in everything - lots of ice. My friends mock me for my ice!). Put them together and I am happy. And these little guys have some great detail too!!!

Something that helps her stay organised - a small project bag!! See this is something I didn't know I needed. I make snoods (crochet) and keep my WIPs in plastic sandwich bags. With a small pair of scissors. Generally a bad thing. This may be a perfect snood in progress bag!!
A kitchen staple- silver ware!! This is covered in polymer clay. And red/black is one of my signature color combos. I swear. Most of my wardrobe and housewares are red and black. I now need placemats to match. I am thinking skulls appliqud on a red background....wheels are turning!!
Her fave animal: an anteater!! this is such a cute hoop!! Love it! (the close up shots of the anteater and the skull fabric for the bag were totally blurry - not cute, so sorry no closeups!)

So, in all, this was an EPIC package of EPIC proportions. Best part - she picked ME to be her partner. I feel super special Cheesy

Now off to plot and plan for number 2!!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011 10:11:36 AM by redstar13 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AttieNichole

Welcoming Spring!

« Reply #78 on: June 02, 2011 01:06:23 PM »

I received from ollieorange on tuesday but will get pictures up probably on Monday.  Sorry ollieorange!  But they will be posted then.  I'm meeting myself coming and going until my day off.  I've found myself behind on paperwork and have to get caught up by then.  I've been working til I nod out asleep, working almost seven hours after work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

attienichole.etsy.com
ecozombie.etsy.com
pinterest.com/aimeetraveler
southern flower
Better the Devil that you know...

I'm not arrogant, I'm just right

« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2011 01:20:41 PM »

I have those EXACT ice cube trays!  I too am mocked for my love of ice and Ice cube trays!  Some how the diet coke just tastes better with little stars, or skulls, or flowers floating about Smiley   Cool package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Job Chaining Part 1/2 - Apple Compressor
How to Use Job Chaining Part 2/2 - Apple Compressor
How to Create a Movie Still - Imovie 08
How to Use the Stabilize Node Part 1/2 - Shake 4.1
How to Use the Stabilize Node Part 2/2 - Shake 4.1
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...