A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,615
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 7 -- Summer 2011 Gallery!  (Read 22565 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

southern flower
Better the Devil that you know...

I'm not arrogant, I'm just right

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2011 07:56:55 PM »

I received my package from A2JC4Life today and it was full of treasures Smiley

Everytning was wrapped so nicely!  I felt like a little kid on Christmas Smiley

Here you can see just half of the items - I really like the info on your hometown (The apple festival soundslike a great event, and the crochet flowers and apple are too cute) and the cinnamon sticks smell amazing!  I also got a beautifully decorated first aid kit, her favorite treats (which are some of mine as well), a stamp and Christmas loaf pan for her fave holidays

And there was more!

The recipe binder is full of some terrific recipes I can't wait to try (tomato wheat bread), the CD has inspiratiional quotes and other "software" items she uses to keep organized.  A favorite book full of historical intrigue, a really great water bottle for putting those delicious water "flavor" packs to use (I seriously almost bought myself a water bottle yesterday, but something said no - you must have whispered in my ear)  A fancy pen, book cover, photo corners and a cute little sign for my craft room round out the awesome package. 

Thank you so very, very much and I can't wait for you to get yours - we had some common ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandykaye
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2011 08:59:45 PM »

I received from SevsOnlyGirl today! I will try to load pics tomorrow!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2011 09:03:44 PM »

I received my package from A2JC4Life today and it was full of treasures Smiley

I'm so glad you liked it - you know that swap anxiety! lol  I was afraid my items might be too small.  Hoping my package arrives tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

missiejean
Just another crafter in this crazy world.

...don't dream it, be it.

« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2011 06:22:56 AM »

Woo my partner "received" yesterday. Sent to her sisters house since she is in the process of moving. And I'm so awesome that I didn't take before pictures  Embarrassed

Argh!!! Was too excited to wrap and ship!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...I love my husband, he gets out of my way, and lets me craft.

*INTERESTED IN PERSONAL SWAPS!!*
MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2011 07:22:18 AM »

It's really easy to forget.  I had to unwrap mine to get photos before I sent! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2011 08:01:29 AM »

I received from mandykaye late last week and wouldn't open it until I sent!  So here are all the awesome pictures: (I screwed up some of the photos, things are together that don't go together...but I'll list everything and then post all the photos)  Sorry!!!

1 -Something essential to her favorite craft - beads (her first time making the polyclay beads!) and paper embellishments.
2 - Something with her fave animal - cat patch and stickers (my fave animal too!)
3 - Something edible - chocolate!
4 - Something she thinks smells good - incense (hubby has confiscated it already)
5 - Something you wear on your body - tee with iron on tree (have already worn it!)
6 - Something that reflects her personal style - fabric and necklace
7 - Something related to yarn or thread - two spools of variegated thread (so pretty!)
8 - Something she always keeps in her purse - gum and mints (my fave kind too)
9 - Something with her fave design/pattern on it - red/white/blue glitter candles
10 - Something related to her fave holiday - Wall hanging for Halloween (in my office right now Smiley)
11 - Something related to her fave craft supply - paper pack
12 - Something related to her non-craft hobby - garden solar light (in my planter on the deck)
13 - Something fave not listed yet - super glittery pads of paper (YAY!!)
14 - Something that helps her stay organised - magnets
15 - Something drinkable - iced coffee

And now the photos:

Sorry, I had a photo issue - I'll be more careful next time, I was just too excited and didn't think! Cheesy  I think that Mandy and I are very different and that makes it fun to discover what we both like!  I have loads of ideas for the next package already!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
palicious

personal swap friendly! PM me anytime :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2011 08:31:00 AM »

Package 1

I promised to post last night but couldn't get it so here it is! My first package from lanaC!

All the goodies!

Item 1:

Music that my partner like! and I love it too. Thank you so much!

Item 2 and 3:

Something with her favorite animal/edible--> Scooby Doo fruit snacks and batman toy for my lilo guy. He LOVES the fruit snack (thank you!)

Item 4 and 6:

Something relating to reading and favorite item--> A crochet bookmark and gorilla glue

Item 6, 7,8 and 9:

Something local: Crackers in the shape of TX! They sure are yummy! This is going to keep my hunger away while I'm at work.

Something drinkable: Starbucks Ice Coffee--> love love this!!

Something that smells good: Hand soap from Bath and Body in Fresh Pickled Apple scent Smiley

Something relating to yarn/thread--> a roll of yarn and also in my partner's favorite color. Yes! an addition to my yarn collection!

Item 10 (My FAVORITE!):

Something made with paper--> a crane mobile! LOVE IT! It is now adoring my dinning room.

Thank you so much! I love everything. I hope my partner likes my package as much. I feel very bad! All the packages posted so far were so neatly and nicely wrapped! LanaC- please beware: mine is not nearly neat or nice  Huh

THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilentMynerva
Crafty Goddess!

The Silent Roman Goddess of Wisdom!

« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2011 09:09:58 AM »

Oooooo I love Within Temptation also!!!! Nice packages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

southern flower
Better the Devil that you know...

I'm not arrogant, I'm just right

« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2011 10:48:15 AM »

Wow that crane mobile is A-mazing!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Linnybelle
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2011 06:40:30 PM »

Package 1 from SilentMynerva

I'm excited to share my package from SilentMynerva.  It was very neatly wrapped and labeled with red and black tissue paper, but I was too excited to take a picture of it.  Smiley  I got my package after a bad day at work, so it was even more special.  I also did not take a full group picture, as I wanted to highlight the smaller groups.

Alright, on to the goodies!

Items 1, 2, 3, 4

1: Something to wear: A Texas shirt!  I will be taking this along to wear in St. Louis this weekend.  The fabric is very soft and I think it will be fun to wear.

2:  Something made of paper:  Origami stars.  I love these stars, but for the life of me, cannot get them to actually work.  They always end up as little crumpled bumps.  Now I have my very own to play with and none of the frustration.  Smiley  

3: SilentMynerva's favorite flower:  a Stargazer lilly, made out of paper.  It's blue, which is my favorite color and it will hang out with my ivy on my kitchen shelf.  I'm impressed with her paper folding skills.  I only do small things.

4: For a kitchen staple, she sent a Texas mug.  I was excited to learn that she uses mugs as every day cups too, as my fiancee thinks I'm weird for not having glasses, just mugs.

Items 5 and 8:

Item 5:  Something related to Halloween, her favorite holiday:  The movie "28 Days Later".  I'm not normally a zombie movie person, but one of my friends who came over for our weekly movie night say that I have to watch it.  It's been added to the rotation.  Smiley

8:  The same friend loved the next item and only the fact that I'd started reading it already saved it from being immediately stolen away.  SilentMynerva always carries a book in her purse, so she sent me one called "The Devil's Diaries" written by Nicholas D. Satan, as transcribed by Professor M.J. Weeks.  It looks like it should be lots of fun to read and will be added to my stash to read on the road.  Smiley

Items 6 and 7:

Item 6:  Something edible:  Red Hots, and a rootbeer candy stick.  I think I will use the Red Hots to try out a cinnamon cookie recipe that I have saved.  The candy stick will be a fun treat.

Item 7: Organization!  Post it notes!  I use these all the time for quilting and making lists, so I am excited to get a supply boost.  

Items 9-11

Item 9: An armwarmer in her style.  It's so soft.  There is only one because she only uses them one at a time, but she said she'd make me a second one if I could use them. Smiley The yarn is perfect and the colors are really nice too.

Item 10:  Other hobby:  Reading.  She send the most adorable monster bookmarks! Smiley I love them and am going to immediately put them to use.  It was good timing too, I've got a long car ride and never seem to have any bookmarks with me.  

Item 11: Texas Playing cards for her favorite game, Speed.  I used to play cards on breaks at my job and am trying to start up a monthly game night at my house, so these will definitely be added in.  

I really enjoyed getting to know SilentMynerva a bit more and am excited to start working on the second package.  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011 05:49:38 AM by Linnybelle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Holiday Hair Bow in 2 Minutes Flat
Tips for Thicker Hair and Lots of Volume
Nicole Scherzinger Inspired Braided Ponytail Tutorial
How to Do a Side Bun with a Bun Ring
The Best Picks for Hair Masks
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...