A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,683
Currently Running With Scissors:
539 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 7 -- Summer 2011 Gallery!  (Read 22605 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

najaorama
Tutorial Contributor

My kung fu is strong today!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2011 01:46:29 PM »

wow the bar has been set. Great package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Go to your bosom, knock there, and see what your heart doth know." WS Measure for Measure

www.najadruva.com
thisbirdsabsurd
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Be Happy!

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2011 06:27:34 PM »

Okay...prepare yourself for the awesomeness.
  First of all, I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with "The Most Interesting Man in the World", but Missing Willow is his female counterpart.  Smiley  She has quite the resume of unusual and - well - INTERESTING past jobs and of course presently lives a life that I can only dream of.    Seems we have quite a few things in common though and I am just tickled pink to have her as my partner for this swap.  Okay, on with the show!
  Here's the shot of the whole she-bang.  TWO boxes full to the brim!!

Notice all the cute handmade bags that all my goodies came packaged in!!
Here's "something from her favorite store - CafePress. A mug with her farm logo on it!
And something she thinks smells good - beeswax candles - from her very own bees!

Now comes something she carries in her purse which is really four somethings and came with a funny story about her and cackle - another awesome craftster! A Notebook for great ideas and recipes, index cards to write down gift ideas for family and friends throughout the year, Dr.Pepper Lip Smackers and an adorable business card holder!!

A kitchen essential is a shiny new ladle and something edible is two glorious , blue ribbon winning jars of homemade jam.  You may notice that one jar is missing...I wonder where it went.... Wink

Something for organization - some handy dandy little containers - I love little boxes of any kind so these were a thrill - lol!

A summer essentioal is this beautiful beach towel - can't imagine why she chose birds!  Wink

Check out these Bride of Frankenstein earrings - representing her favorite holiday - HALLOWEEN!  I will, however, be sporting these year round.

I didn't get an individual shot of the "essential to your favorite craft" butterfly fabric - but you can see it in the group shot - and something with her favorite animal on it was a sheep (she raises them) on a punch needle kit.  I've never tried this before but I will soon!!  And something drinkable is this delicious looking tea - yum!

I also got a bonus of a packet of heirloom tomato seeds - so exciting especially because tomatoes seem to be the only thing I can grow with any sort of success around here!
  PHEW!  I told you this was awesome - thanks a million MissingWillow - this was just too great!!!!

« Last Edit: May 20, 2011 06:31:39 PM by thisbirdsabsurd » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop is here!  www.thisbirdsabsurd .etsy.com
Ashley G.
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2011 06:45:39 AM »

those are some really wonderful packages! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Developers. Developers. Developers. Developers."
- Steve Balmer

MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2011 07:20:24 AM »

We do have a lot in common, including sending early.  Cheesy  I'm so happy to have thisbird as my partner for this swap!  Package #1 was a lot of fun, it made me think a lot about what I enjoy and what I can do.  I already know what I'm doing for package #2 (I think).  No, I'm pretty sure.   Smiley 
P.S.  Love my partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
edenkitty
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2011 09:36:22 PM »

I received so long ago from Amnesia, but it took forever to get the pictures the right size, I love this package! It's been amazing! Everything was wrapped so sweetly, and came with a nice note about every little thing in the package!

Here's the first part of the package!

A gorgeous counting book of woodblock prints, some great stickers that I'm in love with, adorable stationary, deco tape with deer on it, some nummy tea, a book that I've yet to read, some cute hair clips and an amazing pin!

In the bottom corner, an awesome scarf that's perfect for the weather this spring, some strawberry fabric and a little bell, a stack of red fabrics (the mushrooms you see), yarn from a trip she took, amazing pink soba noodles and a pair of chopsticks to eat them with, a bunch of tapioca bubbles and a recipe to make it, and a hand quilted pillow that my kitties have claimed as their own.

A panda sponge, an adorable hedgehog finger puppet, a bunch of bento forks (which will end up in jewelry), and some nummy candies in a hand made bag!

Little charms she sent along, the two little animals are the sweetest tinkling bells!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zombie_Queen

Crafty Zombie Mama \m/

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2011 10:05:10 AM »

Wow!! What amazing packages!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missiejean
Just another crafter in this crazy world.

...don't dream it, be it.

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011 10:29:55 AM »

I suck!!! I know  Embarrassed I have had a lot going on on the home front...
But here are pics ofthe package I received!!

The whole loot

Love the ring, post-cards and bookmark!

Adorable little birdy which has made a home at my work

the front of the postcard can be seen in the first picture, next to the froggies!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

...I love my husband, he gets out of my way, and lets me craft.

*INTERESTED IN PERSONAL SWAPS!!*
NessaMcTastic
Check out my blog!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2011 01:38:47 PM »

Glad you liked it! I loved the bird so much I bought one of my own! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thisbirdsabsurd

Be Happy!

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2011 01:45:13 PM »

Great packages Amnesia and Nessa - looks like fun!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop is here!  www.thisbirdsabsurd .etsy.com
Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2011 07:21:48 AM »

Package 1 - RECEIVED

I received yesterday from whats_her_name.  What a great package!  She started her own business making papercrafts for brides/weddings and I am impressed and envious!

First, here is the whole shebang.  Look at how beautifully wrapped it is.  I should have done that and labelled, but so many of mine overlapped topics category, so I am afraid she got quite the mess in comparison to the box I send her  Embarrassed

and unwrapped....

Here is the gorgeous front of the notecard she sent me.

Her bio on the inside and back - so beautifully done around the image.

Her favourite character(s) - she loved to many to pick just one.  These two are magnets, already on my fridge.

Something that keeps her organized -  a beautifully made little fabric pouch she sewed herself - love the little heart bead on the zipper!

A summer essential - a lovely beaded anklet.  When the rain lets up and I can wear sandals again, this will be on!  I love anklets too Cheesy Something from a favourite store - Chapters gift card.  I love books too - but funnily enough, I never thought of it as a favourite store - to me it is like going to the grocery store - it is such an essential part of my life (there is one in my hospital lobby) Cheesy  So I love both of these too.

A favourite scent - she loves berry scents and this berry scented cologne and lotion - yummy!  I am more a citrus or spice gal myself, but I don't think my arm needs to be twisted to try this out Cheesy   Something always in her purse - Soft lips lipbalm in a berry scent/flavour.  It already is in mine too Cheesy  I also sent lipbalm in my box.  Something to drink - hot apple cider.  She is not a tea or coffee gal, but she loves hot apple cider.  Have you ever tried cranberry cider???  I love spiced mulled ciders too, and if I can find the cranberry one, I may have to send you some (usually it is around in the winter though :/ )

Something edible - chocolate covered pretzels she made - she loves chocolate (me too!) and the combination of salty and sweet.  Look at the packaging!!!  I presume you made the label too.  So pretty.  I'm going to wait to share them with DH - he probably will like them too.
Something made from paper - personalized notecards she made for me!  I love the brown and blue floral pattern and it is just so beautiful!  No wonder you started a business, these are so beautiful!

Finally something local - She is from Regina and sent me a travel mug with the new campaign to promote her city.  I love it and can pretty much guarantee that no one else at work will have one, so it will be my work cup - thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Add a Satin Blending Option to Text in Photoshop CS3
How to Add a Shape in After Effects CS3
How to Add a Stroke to Text in Photoshop CS3
How to Add an Inner Glow Blending Option to Text in Photoshop CS3
How to Add an Inner Shadow Blending Option to Text in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...