A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
478 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 7 -- Summer 2011 Gallery!  (Read 28257 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #130 on: June 18, 2011 05:32:22 PM »

Goodness! I can understand the postal employees keeping the sweets and milk soap, but a felt bracelet and a little beaver? What could have been the harm in that? Great package though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
A2JC4life
« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2011 09:05:27 PM »

Oh, that's so sad that the something sentimental was lost. Sad

Great package, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SilentMynerva
Crafty Goddess!

The Silent Roman Goddess of Wisdom!

« Reply #132 on: June 18, 2011 09:30:45 PM »

Well... after the long wait for my lovely Australian Partners Package 1... Here is how the box looked when I got it...

So I'm just gonna list everything and then put pics up... Mainly because I had to take multiple pics of what I got because it wouldn't all fit in one picture...

Something w/favorite animal: kangaroo fabric in bright colors and a koala for my car!!
Something that you think smells good: Lavender body wash/scrub and lotion!!! I love lavender too!!! And Strawberry Incense... sadly I can't use it but my family loves it (I have asthma)
Something that you wear on your body: lipgloss pack and I think there was supposed to be nail polish but I didn't see any...
Something that reflects your personal style: a mini canvas with random things (which will look cool pinned to my wall of randomness!) Also a list of quotes she likes.
Something related to Yarn or Thread: Cotton yarn in a pretty blue and a Crochet HOOK....  it's a 6mm so I gotta figure out what letter that represents here Smiley
Something local to your city, state or country: Random things from her cities visitor's center!!! I can't wait to fully go through it and put them up on my walls!! Also two postcards... there is one of a church that she can see from her house...
Something you always keep in purse/bag: enviro-bag... or a re-usable bag that is awesome!!! And it can be zipped up so compact... the reason I don't use them is because it's hard to keep in the purse, but this is definitely staying attached so I can use it.
Hair Accessory: blue clips that mod35tbabe personalized and a lacy/gauzy flowery hair comb... which is currently in my hair.
Favorite Design: Leopard Print Tissues!!!!
Something drinkable: Peppermint Tea and Camomile & Spearmint Tea... can't wait to try it.
Something related to non-craft hobbies: two bookmarks... On with a quote on it about reading and one that has a short history about her last name!!
Consider Summer essential: Seeing as how it is winter over there! She got me a flip flop keychain that will go on my car keys!
Kitchen Staple: An Awesome Sydney Australia tea towel!!!
and last but not least....
Essential to your favorite craft: A MINI CARD SET!!! it's got cards/envelopes, small markers, some stamps and some ink for the stamps and sea shell notepad...
There are also some Sydney Australia Coasters that probably fall with the tea towel and a notecard that is yellow and has flipflops on it and blue flower... I think that falls in with the summer essential.... Smiley Enjoy the pictures!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mod35tBabe
« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2011 06:51:31 AM »

Glad you liked it, sucks about the incense though. Can't believe it ended up having to be resealed - I spent *ages* taping that thing up! Shoddy tape I guess.
As for the nail polish, there isn't any - I thought it was nail polish when I wrote the thing then when I looked at the box again I realised it was (if my memory serves me) a mini bottle of perfume. Forgot to change that in the letter though lol.
I thought the card making set was an excellent idea - was uber pleased I found it lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please',I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
aheartofglass
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2011 07:47:29 AM »

Great packages! Wow so much neat stuff and we all get to know each other thru the posts too! Like making a *bunch* of new friends!

SilentMynerva - bummer about the package being opened! I'm wondering about our postal service!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster keeps the whimsey in my life!
SilentMynerva
Crafty Goddess!

The Silent Roman Goddess of Wisdom!

« Reply #135 on: June 19, 2011 07:38:54 PM »

I got to use the enviro-bag today Smiley I was showing everybody at work today!!! Smiley
I also used the lip gloss and the perfume it came with because it smelled really good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mod35tBabe
« Reply #136 on: June 19, 2011 09:27:42 PM »

I got to use the enviro-bag today Smiley I was showing everybody at work today!!! Smiley
I also used the lip gloss and the perfume it came with because it smelled really good.

Awesome - so glad you liked it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please',I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
Ewulotta
« Reply #137 on: June 21, 2011 10:11:38 AM »

I don't understandt why they took out all the things. I've already sent sweets and soap and even a felt bead bracelet once  to the US and never had troubles before.
aheartofglass, I'm so sorry that you didn't get everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'll swap for postcards, badges, maps or brochures from everywhere in the US! I'm an English teacher and always happy about authentic material for my classroom.

http://www.wists.com/Ewulotta
http://pinterest.com/Ewulotta/
aheartofglass

« Reply #138 on: June 21, 2011 11:59:10 AM »

I don't understandt why they took out all the things. I've already sent sweets and soap and even a felt bead bracelet once  to the US and never had troubles before.
aheartofglass, I'm so sorry that you didn't get everything.

I dont' know if they damaged the bag and then decided to take the stuff or if it just fell out when the bag was damaged and they didn't bother to collect everyting and repackage.  Overall it could have been worse!

It was such a lovely package that I am happy with what I received just constantly amazed by the US Postal service's lack of *service*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster keeps the whimsey in my life!
thisbirdsabsurd

Be Happy!

« Reply #139 on: June 23, 2011 12:45:20 PM »

I got the most fabulous packages from the talented MissingWillow!  The first is my DIY - since we are both sinfully jealous of Craftster's amazing paper crafters she sent me a box FULL of everything I could possibly need to make zillions of nifty creations - check this out!!  Two old books,(and I am a sucker for old books) one is fairy tales and the other a catalog from 1901!!  Hilarious in that you could buy everything from saddles to underwear to living room furniture out of that thing!

The rest of the box is filled with all sorts of papers and ephemera - a goldmine!!  I'm so excited to dive in!

And you might have noticed those shiny blank Altoid - like tins with all the cool doo dads inside.  Here's another way too cute item - holy crap - look how tiny these are!!

On to box two - which smelled fabulous before I even opened it!!  A box full of MissingWillows wonderful handmade soaps!!  Are these cute or what?? The bright pink one is a felted soap and the duck one glows in the dark - tee hee!

Then we have a sweet little locket ...with a solid scent inside - yum!  It came in this pretty little tin -way to go with the paper crafting Connie!  Wink
And speaking of yum...honey from her bees!!  I've already had some!  Smiley (But didn't take a picture!!)

And last but not least...two things from my wist - these adorable little felted owls (in their very own nest) and teeny tiny animal cracker earrings - cuteness overload!  Cheesy

OH!!  And wait - I got two bags of delicious wooly fleece from her very own sheep - can't wait to incorporate it into a project!

So there you have it - pretty awesome don't you think?  Thanks a million MissingWillow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop is here!  www.thisbirdsabsurd.etsy.com
And find me on Facebook!  Thisbirdsabsurd
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thisbirdsabsurd/753468561415455
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Care Secrets Tips and Products
How to Backcomb or Tease Your Hair
How to Style your Side Bangs or Fringe
Cheryl Cole Inspired Big Hair and Loose Curls
How to Get an Instant Beehive Style
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...