A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 299,170
Currently Running With Scissors:
532 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wedding Photography (Pic OBESE!)  (Read 1045 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RenDuH

Let's go ask Mr. Beardsley. MISTER BEARDSLEEYY!!!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 12, 2011 07:01:52 PM »

So, photography is my passion, and is currently sort of a side-job of sorts.  I'm trying to make it into a career, but that's going to take some time.  Wink

Anyhow.
One of the easiest gigs to get is weddings, and my most recent one was SO much fun, and some of the pictures that came out of it were some of my all-time favorites so far, so I thought I'd share some of them with you  Smiley

They were all taken at the Farmington Inn (where the bride got ready) in Farmington, CT, the Carousel Museum (where the wedding was) in Bristol, CT, and the Farmington Club (where the reception was), again, in Farmington, CT.  All were taken with my Canon EOS 40D, a "Nifty Fifty" lens (Canon 50mm f/1.Cool, and using a Canon 430EX II Speedlite flash.

In all, I took around 1500 photographs--my personal record for "most photos taken at a single wedding".  It was a TON of fun.  Smiley

Oh!
And if you're wondering about the star-shaped sunglasses and the fake mustaches, they were all the bride's idea. She brought them out when there was about half an hour left of the reception.  Wink

ALSO! PLEASE NOTE!! THIS IS ONLY ABOUT HALF OF THE PICTURES THAT I HAVE UPLOADED.  I HAVE 31 ONLINE RIGHT NOW, BUT DIDN'T WANT TO MAKE THAT BIG OF A POST.  THE REST OF  THE PHOTOS CAN BE SEEN ON MY BLOG HERE:   http://renaeduhaime.wordpress.com

I think this one was definitely my favorite from the day. Definitely showcases the bride's personality. Smiley

She really wasn't a Bridezilla at all--I just caught her at JUST the right moment for this shot, and she laughed when I showed it to her. Smiley

A little post-processing on this one to really give the photo a strong subject and theme.

The ring.

The groom had this in his pocket the whole time--he said that one of his old teachers drew this for him when she found out he was getting married. The little girl at the bottom of the photo is supposed to be her--as the flower girl, lol. The only thing is that the bride decided not to take his last name (Toller, as seen in the photo), so it's slightly incorrect, but adorable nonetheless.

Definitely posed, but the light coming in through this window was so nice, I had to take a picture. Another that was slightly processed (just took out the color around the bride) to add emphasis to the subject.

Another one not posed, and also edited for emphasis.

I was SO happy that I got this shot--the groom's fake mustache fell off, and the bride was sticking it back on. I later showed the picture to the bride, and she said, "how did you get that shot?? That's like, the perfect moment!!" Comments like that make my day. Smiley

So, there they are!
I hope you enjoyed them, and I always appreciate comments and/or constructive criticism!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Master of all things spelling and grammar related.

.:RenDuH:.
elmom
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011 08:03:23 PM »

really nice! i enjoyed looking through them --i'm a photographer too (not as my career) and i think you're very talented. with digital, isn't it nice to just shoot away (but really, 1500??) the B&G should be pleased  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
christyross
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011 08:03:45 PM »

Gorgeous pictures!! Good work!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RenDuH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011 10:18:42 PM »

really nice! i enjoyed looking through them --i'm a photographer too (not as my career) and i think you're very talented. with digital, isn't it nice to just shoot away (but really, 1500??) the B&G should be pleased  Cheesy

Lol, thank you so much!  They were pleased--they got them on Monday and told me how much they loved them ^___^  (my policy is that I never post the pictures online before the b&g have seen them first--they deserve to have the first peek!  Wink)
And yes, 1500!!  I usually take a TON of pictures (way more than I would give the bride and groom--I think, in the end, I only wound up giving them about 8-900 of them), that way I know I get a good shot in case a bunch of the other ones are blurry.  Wink  In stressful situations like that, you can't just rely on "oh, I'm sure the picture turned out fine"  XD
I have a 4GB CompactFlash card though, and those 1500 pictures all fit on it Cheesy (I do my photos 2816x1880 pixels, as I find that most people don't need them any bigger Smiley).

Gorgeous pictures!! Good work!!

Thank you so much!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RenDuH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011 11:14:25 AM »

Just a little something I forgot to mention--if you view the photos via my blog, you can click on them and see the FULL SIZE versions as opposed to these teeny ones.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Curl Thick Hair
How to Curl Your Hair with a Curling Iron
How to Cut a One Line Length
How to Cut Graduation
How Not to Damage Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...