A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,058
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Feather hair extensions DIY now with TUTORIAL  (Read 19395 times)
Tags for this thread: hair_extensions , craftster_best_of_2011 , feather , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Larissa-Rasputin
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011 05:22:52 PM »

Awesome!  I talked to a lady who had some done at the salon and they still looked good after 3 weeks.  Can't wait to try this out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest (much larger than my wist)
My Wists

Interested in personal swaps Smiley
Snowhite
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011 04:11:19 PM »

Crimp Tubes!  I refused to pay to get these in my hair but have been coveting them.  I could not figure out how to attach them and it ends up being something I have had hundreds of in my cabinets.  Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Larissa-Rasputin
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011 04:36:34 PM »

Put one in myself in june and its still there! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest (much larger than my wist)
My Wists

Interested in personal swaps Smiley
MommaApple
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011 02:29:48 PM »

I had some put in at my salon and one came out after a couple days and I put it back in myself and it lasted longer.  I won't be wearing the feathers anymore as I found out that the roosters are killed in order to get the feathers. A lot of roosters are being killed to keep up with the high demand.
Actually, the roosters are eaten.  Just so you know.  Plus feathers can be plucked without killing a rooster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EKO

http://ekoscraftylife.blogspot.com/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011 02:55:25 PM »

the crimp beads used for this are actually lined with silicone to help hold the hair longer,

also you can get a tool to pass the feather through on ebay for about a dollar and you can get synthetic feathers as well quite cheaply (under 2 dollars) on ebay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit me at my blog
http://ekoscraftylife.blogspot.com/

Current swaps
sss23- all sent and all received.
krfteldy
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011 03:36:26 PM »

What kind of crimp beads are used and where can I find them.  I use the small ones for jewelry, but don't know about the larger ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thismumrocks
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011 03:39:50 PM »

I had some put in at my salon and one came out after a couple days and I put it back in myself and it lasted longer.  I won't be wearing the feathers anymore as I found out that the roosters are killed in order to get the feathers. A lot of roosters are being killed to keep up with the high demand.
Actually, the roosters are eaten.  Just so you know.  Plus feathers can be plucked without killing a rooster.

THANKYOU! i eat enough chicken to earn some extensions, not only that i use feathers in almost all of my crafts, yummy chicken! hmm now i know what im cooking for dinnah!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Acherontia Aether

Morbid butterfly

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011 04:19:34 PM »

They are lovely.

If anyone knows someone who keeps chicken (inc roosters) they naturally moult every year so you can even get feathers without killing them if you are a veggie. Plucking feathers out of a live rooster would be cruel and I've never heard of anyone doing that. They wouldn't be killed just for feathers their days are numbered anyway so may as well make use of the feathers as well as the meat. Some species of pheasant as reared purely for their feathers so you may want to avoid those if that bothers you. Hackle feathers are the really pretty pointy ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy.com/nz/shop/TriskeleCrafts

facebook.com/TriskeleNZ
pennyjo
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011 05:27:25 PM »

If you redo the post, please use a darker color on the font.  this one is very hard to see.  Thaks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rantand
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011 05:30:25 PM »

This is awesome!  Thank you for posting this!  Just wondering what size crimping beads to buy though. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hairstyles in Vogue for Fall/Winter 2013
How Do I Make My Hair Look Good Between Shampoos?
How to Do 3 Types of Braids
Why Jennifer Lawrence Chopped Off Her Hair
Elevator Makeover - Theodore Responds to Your Style Questions and Comments
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...