A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
358 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What do I make a guy who doesn't need anything?  (Read 1258 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Demi_Kitten
« on: February 16, 2011 04:45:48 AM »

I would love to make something for my boyfriend for his birthday in October (trust me this much planning is needed) but I don't have a clue what to do. He doesn't feel the cold so a scarf is not needed, he has hats so wouldn't need a woollen beanie hat, he uses his laptop a lot but doesn't need a case for it. I'm kind of at a loss. I've outright asked him if he wants me to make him anything and he just shrugs, I know it isn't because he doesn't appreciate hand made items, he does, he just doesn't need anything.
But the thing is, I really want to make him something. So I need some help.

What do you guys make for the men in your life?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Athena: Today I was beat in a weaving contest by a mortal, so I threw a little bit of a hissy fit at her, so she hung herself...long story short she's a spider and everyone thinks I'm a bitch. FML
notanotherxerox
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011 11:39:07 AM »

I have the same problem with my brother, plus I like to give people gifts that are useful, not just something to collect dust which makes it even harder.

I've made him a wallet, keychains, wooden boxes that I stained and burned designs in, hand painted shirts, an albulm to put his collection of concert tickets in (I sewed regular plastic page protectors into a grid of pockets the size of the ticket), and a clock made from a record of his favorite band.
My brother is really into music and video games so I kind of try to find some kind of image or somthing from those to work into my project.

Why do guys have to be so hard to craft/buy for?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One of a kind upcycled greeting cards
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ReCardCreations
Send someone a smile, help the Earth
notanotherxerox
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011 11:39:28 AM »

Good luck!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One of a kind upcycled greeting cards
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ReCardCreations
Send someone a smile, help the Earth
Demi_Kitten
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011 04:30:43 AM »

Those are brilliant ideas, it didn't occur to me to try a new craft. This will be a great chance to try something new and create something he'll love...and I have some great ideas already, thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Athena: Today I was beat in a weaving contest by a mortal, so I threw a little bit of a hissy fit at her, so she hung herself...long story short she's a spider and everyone thinks I'm a bitch. FML
JulieML
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011 04:10:32 PM »

Guys are hard to craft for!!
I like making or decorating storage containers, albums etc. Maybe a shaving kit bag or shoe bags if he travels, with handmade shoe sasects (little bags you stuff in shoes to make them smell better. can be as simple as a muslin bag w cedar chips, but you could always embellish bag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Rose
How to Draw Robin
How to Draw Riko Yuusaki
How to Draw Rex Salazar
How to Draw Rayquaza
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...