A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
507 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Big and Beautiful Plus Size Swap (Sign Up 5/11-5/20 Send 7/2) CLOSED!  (Read 25536 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #380 on: June 21, 2011 06:29:48 PM »

Congrats to ilovesnails and thesapphiremoon! (The smartass part of me wants to say "the baby is coming Friday?! Wow, that's soon." Sometimes I just can't help myself.)

Nothing much swap wise happening now, since I'm working on paid crafting while I await the muslin. I will have to wrack my brain to come up with some bridal type extra for my partner, now, though!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
Xandrigirly
Whatever you are, be a good one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: June 21, 2011 08:29:20 PM »

I sent two packages out the door today for swaps, and this package was one! I can't wait for DV to get it! I'm so exciteddd.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest . blog . etsy
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail."
Lilybet85
Crafting Sci-Fi Geek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #382 on: June 22, 2011 01:52:53 AM »

Sooo, I spent the last three days sick in bed. Needless to say, I didn't get much done. But now I'm better and ready to finish up the stuff for my lovely partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lilybet85.blogspot.com/ For the Geeky Craftster!

"I'm glad you've got an absolute definition of life in the universe, but perhaps the universe has got ideas of its own." The Doctor

"It is possible to commit no mistake and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life." Captain Picard
Gr33nT3a
« Reply #383 on: June 22, 2011 02:03:01 AM »

I was wondering where you were at and how you were doing Lilybet! Glad to know you're feeling better. I still have to finish up on the large thingy for you after finally finding a place that had a supply I needed. If I have time I might do another medium thingy too. =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Běifāng yǒu jiārn, jush r dl. Y g qīng rn chng, zi g qīng rn gu. Nng b zhī qīng chng yǔ qīng gu. Jiārn nn zi d.
北方有佳人,绝世而独立。一顾倾人城,再顾倾人国。宁不知倾城与倾国。佳人难再得。
TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #384 on: June 22, 2011 01:58:55 PM »

I got 3 patterns cut out, will be putting them to material on Friday and hopefully will get another item actually sewn and completed Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
ivoryh1632
« Reply #385 on: June 22, 2011 02:44:20 PM »

LOL!  Their undergarments and petticoats did NOT fit me...I have B boobs according to their C bustiers she bought me, as the cups were huge, but I take a C in regular stuff??  Soo??  Anyway...I went braless for the entire try-out session, and it was a HUGE success Smiley  We didn't get to go through all the preferred dresses, we got hungry, tired, and left about 30min before closing, so we're going back next Wednesday with her mom so she can share in the process a bit.  We will likely go back with my mom on a Friday another week or so later as my mom works til after 6pm M-Thur.

So my mom says to tell you that when you go to try on more dresses, write down the manufacterer name and style of the ones you like and what size fit you and then look online for the same one and you might be able to find it cheaper. I didn't realize it, but I guess that's what she did and she got the same dress she had tryed on at David's for a couple hundred less. And then since she sews she was able to do the alterations herself. But if you're too scared to do alterations on a formal dress (I know I would be, I still can't bring myself to chop up my old prom dress and turn it into something wearable) then you can just find a taylor in your area that can do it since I guess David's also charges a ton for alterations. The only bad thing is that my mom can't remember the website she bought her dress from, but she says as long as you know the name and style you can just start googling and you'll probably find something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheManicCrafter
The name is Christy...Christy Angela

All are architects of fate... Longfellow

« Reply #386 on: June 23, 2011 02:27:16 PM »

omgs, I can't stand the insanity I'm surrounded by sometimes; my big sewing/finishing day was shot out of the water for Sunday, Monday was dedicated to the Bangles, and then I managed to cut right into the middle halfway up the skirt of the uber purty dress while trimming strings when I tried to git r done Tuesday  Embarrassed and now I'm hunting a new matching fabric for the skirting because what I was using was from my stash.  I should have had a V8 or something, I'm so disappointed in myself right now I know to pull on the string and snip but I snipped while the fabric was laying flat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live Free...Craft Hard
My Pinterest http://pinterest.com/MyCuppaCoffee
LoeyD

I hate hems with a passion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: June 23, 2011 05:50:23 PM »

I just survived my first week of summer term classes. Normal 10 week classes are shoved into 5 weeks. Soo it's been intense.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps-
Big and Beautiful Plus Size Swap- Sewing
Little Visitor RND 14- Waiting for Partner.
ivoryh1632
« Reply #388 on: June 24, 2011 03:30:38 AM »

omgs, I can't stand the insanity I'm surrounded by sometimes; my big sewing/finishing day was shot out of the water for Sunday, Monday was dedicated to the Bangles, and then I managed to cut right into the middle halfway up the skirt of the uber purty dress while trimming strings when I tried to git r done Tuesday  Embarrassed and now I'm hunting a new matching fabric for the skirting because what I was using was from my stash.  I should have had a V8 or something, I'm so disappointed in myself right now I know to pull on the string and snip but I snipped while the fabric was laying flat.

Don't beat yourself up over it, you have no idea how many times I've done that. On occasion I've been able to get away with patching it but most the time I do it in the worst possible spot and have to start the whole thing over.

I got to make some progress this week. Dress #1 is done except for the zipper and hem, cuz well I hate doing zippers and hems, but I'm happy with how its turning out. Dress #2 should be almost done except for that the pattern's all weird and I spent all day working on altering the bodice....not the front like you'd expect, but the back. I don't know why but the back is all funky and baggy and doesn't match up with the front. But I finally got it looking good so tomorrow I just need to transfer my alterations from the lining to the good fabric and stitch it up. The rest should be pretty easy so I'm hoping it goes fairly quick, but we'll see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #389 on: June 24, 2011 06:11:23 AM »

I finished another wearable item yesterday!  I love the color, but the fabric was a bit of a pain to work with...  I need to get more E6000, as my tube ruptured and it was oozing out of all the breaks Sad  I also think the tip got clogged and contributed to that more so than my trying to roll the tube like toothpaste...eh, it could be 50/50 on that LOL!  I have one more item cut out and ready to put together, and I'm hoping I will be able to do another, but I may run out of time before I can finish.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kristen Stewart Leaves High Style in Paris
Celebrity Bikini Style: Miley Cyrus, Nina Dobrev, and Selena Gomez
What To Wear: Crochet
What to Pack For a Weekend Trip: Designer Looks For Less
4th of July Looks For the Whole Family
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...