A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,129
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Big and Beautiful Plus Size Swap (Sign Up 5/11-5/20 Send 7/2) CLOSED!  (Read 28756 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LoeyD

I hate hems with a passion

View Profile WWW
« Reply #350 on: June 14, 2011 10:26:17 PM »

I was enjoying my birthday today and realized I dont' remember when I last posted on here...So I'm still alive and crafting along.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps-
Big and Beautiful Plus Size Swap- Sewing
Little Visitor RND 14- Waiting for Partner.
crazyda79
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #351 on: June 14, 2011 10:48:57 PM »

I was enjoying my birthday today and realized I dont' remember when I last posted on here...So I'm still alive and crafting along.

Happy birthday!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
131/50 swaps
97/50 friends/family
228/50 total
ivoryh1632
« Reply #352 on: June 15, 2011 12:03:36 AM »

You'd think I'd be like done with everything I've been doing considering I'm stuck in the house because of all the smoke from the fires but I'm not cause my 4 year old is stuck in here with me having had NO outdoor time to tire her out, lol, instead I'm sitting here wondering how to get the smell of smoke out of my house...Hope you're not allergic Ivory  Grin not much I can do about the wildfires and the smell sucks in through the AC no matter what filter I put in :::sigh::: It was like raining ash when I was outside earlier there is even an advisory for going outside on the news4jax site today.  Any ideas folks?  I don't think febreeze is going to cut it.

Ick, I was living in San Diego a few years ago when there was the fires out there, it was so bad I could see flames from my bedroom window so I know how you feel. Try taping dryer sheets over all your vents, it doesn't really help as far as actual air quality but it makes your house smell better.

But don't bother washing my stuff before you send it. I can only use certain detergents/fabric softners or I break out in rash so I'll have to wash it when I get it anyway. At least I know what's gonig on and won't wonder why everythign smells like smoke lol.

As for your the home bound 4 yr old, I had 2 rainy day tricks when I taught preschool that always worked. First, institute mandatory "wiggle time" every 15-30 mins, make her stop what she's doing and just start yelling out random movements really fast "jump up and down! touch your toes! reach for the sky! wiggle your hands! wiggle your butt! jump up and down!" for a few mins and that should wear her out. And then if you have a big space to run a around a little bit, like if you can move the furniture so the middle of the living room is clear or something, you can do indoor soccer, which isn't as scarry as it sounds. Get a beach ball, shoes off, teach her the difference between an indoor (gentle) kick and an outdoor kick then have her hold her hands behind her back and run around playing soccer with the beach ball. My class always had a blast with that and it definately wore them out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scarlet_Angel

I think mice are rather nice!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #353 on: June 15, 2011 01:56:17 AM »

Just hope my partner likes it the same way I do!

I will, I will!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take Care
Drink Wine
Be Chilled!
ivoryh1632
« Reply #354 on: June 16, 2011 01:51:51 AM »

Was making good progress until I went to try the dress on the dummy and realized that for some reason the right half is all funky. Spent a good 10 mins feeling like a perv, making sure that the boobs on the dummy were stuffed evenly, but that wasn't the problem. I finally just gave up and put everything away, I was getting tired anyway (its not a good sign when you can't figure out why the machine won't zig zag then take 5 minutes to realize its because you never switched the dial over to zig zag). I'll start at it again tomorrow. I think I may have to re-do the darts, I suck at darts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alchamy513

Watson's Warriors

« Reply #355 on: June 16, 2011 05:30:29 AM »

I'm almost done! I have a few little extras to make and I should be able to send by early next week... but I need to take a slight break to make some stuff for father's day. I'm such a procrastinator...  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
hautedogclothing
« Reply #356 on: June 16, 2011 05:38:35 AM »

I should be sending today...if i can make it to the post office  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.wists.com/hautedogclothing
www.etsy.com/shop/sexybeastaccessories
"Like" my shop on FB please! http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Sexy-Beast-Accessories/210550278988695
ilovesnails

Slugs are just homeless snails.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #357 on: June 16, 2011 07:04:19 AM »

i don't know what to do about sending as their is NO post here in Canada at the moment. I'm not ready to send but but i'm worried about what to do when the time comes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theatreorchid
Craftssassin

Just kill him with your awesome.

« Reply #358 on: June 16, 2011 09:11:49 AM »

(its not a good sign when you can't figure out why the machine won't zig zag then take 5 minutes to realize its because you never switched the dial over to zig zag)

I nearly fell off my chair reading this.  I have so been there!

I should be sending today...if i can make it to the post office  Grin
How can I be so excited and feel so incredibly slow at the same time?  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

deadbathducky
Never let the sun set on an argument with a loved one you can fix.

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 17, 2011 04:48:58 AM »

One more thing and Im done!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember my mistakes,
remember you can change,
Remember that it's up to you...
to go and shape your life into
one that's worth of remembering...
-RTGO!

www.craftsbykitty.wordpress.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare Wool Fiber for Spinning
Eloise Corr Danch in the Studio Small
How to Make a Laptop Skin
How to Make Dinosaur Masks
How to Make a Snake Mask
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...