A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,487
Currently Running With Scissors:
396 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Big and Beautiful Plus Size Swap (Sign Up 5/11-5/20 Send 7/2) CLOSED!  (Read 26469 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2011 04:13:50 AM »

Have any of you made the dragon dress? I have 2, and will probably make a new one soon since I've lost some weight since the last ones. The tutorial basically walks you through how to make your own fitted pattern from your measurements. Once you've done it, you can use your pattern or muslin over and over to make more dresses. And I know it works on curvier figures, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
morrigan_le_faye
Come to the dark side - we have cookies....

currently obsessed with fibres! :D

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2011 04:57:06 AM »

Considering... This one is very tempting! I'll have a lot of crafting time in june. Cheesy Would it be possible to get me a european partner?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hautedogclothing
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2011 05:41:27 AM »

Considering... This one is very tempting! I'll have a lot of crafting time in june. Cheesy Would it be possible to get me a european partner?

we do have some international swappers, i dont think that will be a problem, just note on your questionnaire where you'd like to ship to...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.wists.com/hautedogclothing
www.etsy.com/shop/sexybeastaccessories
"Like" my shop on FB please! http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Sexy-Beast-Accessories/210550278988695
TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2011 07:58:23 AM »

Have any of you made the dragon dress? I have 2, and will probably make a new one soon since I've lost some weight since the last ones. The tutorial basically walks you through how to make your own fitted pattern from your measurements. Once you've done it, you can use your pattern or muslin over and over to make more dresses. And I know it works on curvier figures, too.

I TOTALLY have that tute bookmarked!!  I swear I'll make it one day...I'm just so nervouse about making dresses without a commercial pattern and that it'll end up as a big 'ol FAIL Cry  I hate getting that disappointed with myself when I work outside the box.  I'm going to hopefully try some simple stuff with creating my own pattern to build my confidence first.

Still thinkin' hard on signing up for this...I just joined the Giant Multi-Theme swap...and I KNOW that one is gonna suck up time for me big time, but...my self-partnered partner has some really inspiring themes on her q-naire so I may not struggle to create as much as I did in the last round I joined.  Looks like a lot of folks are stoked about the potential for getting clothing that ACTUALLY looks good and fits well, so I'll make a decision in the next couple days Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
Alchamy513
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Watson's Warriors

« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2011 01:27:42 PM »

Why did I just find this? I really don't think I have time to do it... hmm, I'll definitely be thinking about it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
ivoryh1632
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2011 03:17:04 PM »

I TOTALLY have that tute bookmarked!!  I swear I'll make it one day...I'm just so nervouse about making dresses without a commercial pattern and that it'll end up as a big 'ol FAIL Cry  I hate getting that disappointed with myself when I work outside the box.  I'm going to hopefully try some simple stuff with creating my own pattern to build my confidence first.

I have it bookmarked too. But I've also been scared to try it. But if you did it then that makes me feel better so maybe I'll get some muslin and try it out with some cheap fabric. I mean I do enough altering on regular patterns that it shouldn't be that hard. There's also a tute for a goth/lolita dress I really wanna try but I'm super scared about that one because the girl that made it looks like she's super tiny and the pattern peices seem to be mostly different sized rectangles and I just see that comming out horrible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hautedogclothing
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2011 05:53:50 AM »

Just a couple days left folks! I would love to get another Australian swapper and one more swapper from the UK so that no one has to ship internationally...any takers?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Like" my shop on FB please! http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Sexy-Beast-Accessories/210550278988695
Xandrigirly
Whatever you are, be a good one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2011 07:59:17 AM »

I just sent in my application! I'm super excited for this swap  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest . blog . etsy
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail."
ilovesnails

Slugs are just homeless snails.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2011 09:57:44 AM »

i'm so thinking of this. it's just the clothing that has me worried. i've been sewing for years but for some reason don't make a lot of clothes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hautedogclothing
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2011 11:16:27 AM »

i'm so thinking of this. it's just the clothing that has me worried. i've been sewing for years but for some reason don't make a lot of clothes.

You don't necessarily need to make clothing, the wearable item can be anything wearable, not just clothing.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Craft a Large Paper Apple Tree
How to Craft a Paper-Bag Apple
How to Craft a Duct Tape Tote Bag
How to Craft a Duct Tape Rose
How to Craft a Duct Tape Tie
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...