A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 304,766
Currently Running With Scissors:
545 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Big and Beautiful Plus Size Swap (Sign Up 5/11-5/20 Send 7/2) CLOSED!  (Read 27412 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hautedogclothing
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2011 01:46:53 PM »

I would totally join if the date was extended.

I'd feel more comfortable making something to be worn with more time.

=)

You got it! I moved the Send out date up to 7/2/11

Hope thats cool with everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.wists.com/hautedogclothing
www.etsy.com/shop/sexybeastaccessories
"Like" my shop on FB please! http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Sexy-Beast-Accessories/210550278988695
lissablair

I like my coffee like I like my men: pale & bitter

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2011 02:28:47 PM »

I can totally sympathize with the whole shirt length dilemma.  My DH once tried to do me a favor by washing my shirts for me, and shrank every one of them.  I ended up having to add about 3 inches of lace to the bottom of most of them to save them!  I know that when I shop at Lane Bryant, I always look for the shirts that say "longer length" just to be on the safe side.

I'm totally cool with moving the send out date too!  I finish up school in the middle of next month, so that gives me a bit more time to get in some hardcore crafting after finals week ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is nothing on earth more entertaining than watching a pack of half-grown puppies playing in snow for the very first time.

http://www.wists.com/lissablair
TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2011 02:43:32 PM »

Rock on!  I think I could totally swing this swap with an extended send out date now Smiley  I have numerous projects put together and ready to go for the swaps and personal swaps I need to complete, so if I make some headway in this coming week, I'm in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
ilovesnails

Slugs are just homeless snails.

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2011 03:17:59 PM »

I have a stupid hard time finding clothing to fit my body, especially dresses and shirts that fit right.

My problem is my chest. =(  I have a 34DD chest, so if anything fits up top everything is really baggy around the middle.

Same here. To get it to fit in the bust, you have to go up a size, then it's too big in the waist, sleeves, everywhere else. Or if it fits everywhere else, it gaps open in the front or pulls really tight. Even a lot of plus size clothes are not proportioned for busty gals.

I have noticed that a lot of tops seem too short in the front, after the boobs take up so much fabric. I have had to lengthen a lot of my tops. Plus a lot of fabric shrinks in length. Boy, are there a lot of reasons to make your own clothes!

I have to total opposite problem. I find that most plus sized clothing is made for ppl with big boobs. I have tiny ones! I'm only a 40B. so i have to look really hard for stuff that don't have the cleavage hanging out for the world to see. most of the sexy tops i see i can't wear because I have no boobs to hold them up! Drives me nuts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2011 04:04:45 PM »

Very interested in this swap! But I mostly knit/crochet and im not sure i can knit/crochet something plus sized in less than a month. If only send outs were closer to the end of June Sad

I wouldn't object to moving the send-out a bit, I was actually really torn with the date selection. I didn't want people to procrastinate with a far off date, but then again I understand somethings take time....

If you'd like to join but the only thing stopping you is the send out date I have no problem extending it until the end of June or maybe July 2nd? Those who are done early could always send out early...

Any thoughts swappers?

Awesome! That's definitely enough time to knit or crochet something cute Grin I should have a spot open before sign ups end, all my packages have been received for OWS 69 I'm just waiting for feedback.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
theatreorchid
Craftssassin

Just kill him with your awesome.

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2011 08:42:59 PM »

I have to total opposite problem. I find that most plus sized clothing is made for ppl with big boobs. I have tiny ones! I'm only a 40B. so i have to look really hard for stuff that don't have the cleavage hanging out for the world to see. most of the sexy tops i see i can't wear because I have no boobs to hold them up! Drives me nuts.

Yes, that's me too!  (I thought I was that same bra size until last year when I got professionally fitted...turns out I'm a 40C instead of a 40B...but only because my boobmeat is distributed peculiarly)  It's so irritating that plus-size is just supposed to equal huge knockers...especially cute lingerie that includes a bra...ugh, forget that. 

Oh aaaand...I'm in.  I just sent in my questionnaire. Smiley  Thanks for extending the send-out, hautedogclothing- that's why I finally decided to go for it!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ivoryh1632
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2011 02:16:21 AM »

This swap is an awsome amazing idea, I'm sooo joining, but I'm probably going to wait to send my questionare until I send out my May B-day swaps next week, so my mind doesn't explode from being in the middle of too many things at once.

I find it funny that you guys can only find plus size clotes for ppl with big boobs cuz I can only find the opposite. Everything I find plus size is meant for a bigger back size but a small cup size, and even though I'm big everywhere else, I have a smaller back size.

I swear plus size clothes were not made for plus size people, I mean honestly, what moron invented plus size skinny jeans? Or all the low rise pants, obviously if you're wearing anything over a size 12 you have a butt which isn't going to fit into low rise pants. Or then there's the stuff on the other end of the spectrum where they think that just because we're big we're not supposed to wear anything cute or sexy. Or if there are cute clothes they cost at least twice as much as the anorexic clothes. Torrid especially pisses me off because their whole thing is that they're different from other stores and they want big girls to feel good about themselves and have cute stylish clothes....but ya know only if you can afford to pay $50 for a t-shirt.

Ok I'm done ranting. I'm gonna start thinking of awsome ideas for this swap now  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

homemademama

busy with three boys, & crafting is 'my' time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2011 05:05:15 AM »

Uhhhm, when we say plus size, what's the minimum size?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the immortal words of The Beatles; All you need is Love
Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2011 05:57:31 AM »

I've seen that too, working retail. Plus size clothing manufacturers have, for the most part, failed to acknowledge the variety of body shapes. It's easy to size clothes in small ranges, where everyone is shaped like a clothes hanger, but it gets more complicated with "lady lumps".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
dollbecky
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

ADHD crafter, jack of all trades..master of none

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2011 12:16:28 PM »

I'd rather like the date to be pushed back as I'm having juggle international travel and this swap ...
But I'm super keen!!! ....haven't swapped for a while, but this swap lured me back into the  pressure-cooked world of craft swaps  Roll Eyes
I really hope I got my questionnaire in early enough!!!

My problems with clothes is I'm boobs banged on top of hips ...my torso is so short if it wasn't for the belly I wouldn't even have a torso  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Crochet for Beginners: Easy Ideas for Gifts
Crochet for Beginners: Crocheting in the Round
Crochet for Beginners: Chain Crochet Stitch
Choosing a Crochet Stitch
How to Shape the Glass
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...