A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
644 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: easy recycled, quilted wool and cotton pads - tutorial (different method)  (Read 4073 times)
Tags for this thread: cloth_pad , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sati
Craftsterbator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2005 11:42:52 AM »

God bless tampons  Lips sealed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Holly ~
[BombazineDoll]
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2005 10:45:14 PM »

God bless tampons Lips sealed

here here!  Cheesy

one question though. this might be a bit crass of me, what in the world do you do with them when you need a change and aren't at homw? like...stick them in your purse for safekeeping or something (not an idea I'm a big fan of). I'm considering making my own, but I don't have the schedule to stay at home whenever the painters come calling...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tickleagangster
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2005 11:07:40 PM »

A question for anyone, I'm wondering if anyone has tried making these cloth pads scented with dried rosemary or lavender for in between the menstral cycle, or for those of us who are happily on the other side of the road now!! LOL (I stopped very young!) They would be sort of a cloth panty liner, probably much more snuggly than the tiny patch of cotton in most undies!
Any thoughts??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Say hello to my lil' friend!
cyclamen
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2005 07:17:39 PM »

God bless tampons Lips sealed

here here!  Cheesy

one question though. this might be a bit crass of me, what in the world do you do with them when you need a change and aren't at homw? like...stick them in your purse for safekeeping or something (not an idea I'm a big fan of). I'm considering making my own, but I don't have the schedule to stay at home whenever the painters come calling...

Well, I keep a ziploc bag in my purse, and it works well - no air, no blood smell - as long as you remember to take them out and soak them when you get home.   Hell, I've even wrapped them in paper towels.  I guess I don't think there's anything shameful about a period - and one of the many reasons I switched to cloth is because I hate how our american society behaves as if a period is shameful and something to hide.  I'm not going to go around telling people, "I have my period, look at the blood!" or anything.  But I also refuse to feel embarrassed or disgusted by that blood more than any other blood that comes out of my body.  So if someone happens to catch a glimpse of my ziploc baggie and bloody pad and they are offended or grossed out - well, no one is making them offended but themself.  *shrug*

As you can tell, it's something I feel pretty strongly about... Wink

A question for anyone, I'm wondering if anyone has tried making these cloth pads scented with dried rosemary or lavender for in between the menstral cycle, or for those of us who are happily on the other side of the road now!! LOL (I stopped very young!) They would be sort of a cloth panty liner, probably much more snuggly than the tiny patch of cotton in most undies!
Any thoughts??

I tend to shy away from scented anything (even essential oils) around my delicate bits.  But snuggly is always good!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dirt_made_my_lunch

don't think twice, it's alright

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2005 08:35:52 PM »

I think your recycled pads are fabulous! The quilting pattern seems to be almost the same as real female genitalia which makes me giggle.

glad i wasnt the only one giggling...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now the wintertime is coming,
The windows are filled with frost.
I went to tell everybody,
But I could not get across.
Well, I wanna be your lover, baby,
I don't wanna be your boss.
Don't say I never warned you
When your train gets lost.
.:popsi:.
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2005 02:59:01 AM »

Well, I keep a ziploc bag in my purse, and it works well - no air, no blood smell - as long as you remember to take them out and soak them when you get home.   Hell, I've even wrapped them in paper towels.  I guess I don't think there's anything shameful about a period - and one of the many reasons I switched to cloth is because I hate how our american society behaves as if a period is shameful and something to hide.  I'm not going to go around telling people, "I have my period, look at the blood!" or anything.  But I also refuse to feel embarrassed or disgusted by that blood more than any other blood that comes out of my body.  So if someone happens to catch a glimpse of my ziploc baggie and bloody pad and they are offended or grossed out - well, no one is making them offended but themself.  *shrug*

As you can tell, it's something I feel pretty strongly about... Wink

exactamundo!  well said, and i too found the pattern of your pads amusing, intentional or not (^_^)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
spaz2phreek
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2005 02:01:36 PM »

okay...I think i'm actually gonna try to make some...I've got 2 days....I'm also nervous about the not being home part but I think you're right, cyclamen. I think I'll make a little fabric bag to put my plastic bag in...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
cyclamen
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2005 09:59:57 PM »

okay...I think i'm actually gonna try to make some...I've got 2 days....I'm also nervous about the not being home part but I think you're right, cyclamen. I think I'll make a little fabric bag to put my plastic bag in...

Hey, that's a really good idea, I never thought of doing that.... Hmmm....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fade Dark Spots and Acne Scars
Flawless Foundation Makeup Tutorial
Choosing an Orange Lipstick
How To Get Red Carpet Ready
Jonathan Saunders London Fashion Fall 2014 Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...