A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,077
Currently Running With Scissors:
672 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 71
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Embroidery Hoopla Rnd 5 - Color Spectrum Gallery!! (Send 6/6/11)  (Read 51969 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

schultebunny
~*~ Little Firefighter Girl ~*~

It's not a matter of size, but a matter of heart.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #480 on: June 20, 2011 01:42:02 PM »

it's horrible that we all got flaked on... (and this might be a little depressing and slightly off topic), but I wonder what happens to the people that flaked? I know that they get negative feedback, but can they swap again? yes, I've read the swap rules, but it makes me wonder....
when the flakers get negative feedback, they have to angel for another swap to get it fixed right? my question is:
(sorry if it sounds harsh or creeper, I'm still trying to make it sound understandable in my head too)
is there some way to track how many times a person has flaked and after, say, flaking twice or three times, is there a way to have like a "red flag" put up next to their name (not seen by the public, of course, that would be overdoing it, but visible to organizers and/or moderators), to prevent future flakes? just wondering...  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Working on getting back into swaps after some crazy two years!~

Please help me with my "patchwork" station blanket! I would love to get fire department patches! Thanks!
peihan17
« Reply #481 on: June 20, 2011 01:51:35 PM »

schultebunny, I think that's a pretty reasonable question.  I think official Craftster policy is that if a person flakes multiple times but angels enough to take off their negative feedback, they are allowed to swap.  But.  Many swap organizers say in the swap rules that they reserve the right to refuse people that have a history of flaking, bad communication, or late sending.

I just looked, and LimeRiot didn't write that in our swap.  But I've definitely seen that in other swaps.

That said, meggy_doodle, I'm sorry you got flaked on.  Even though angels are awesome, I know it's not the same.  Hopefully it won't turn you off from swapping, esp since it would be too bad for you to miss out on the next round of hoopla swapping!

And I'm glad you guys like the hoopla wall- I always have fun making them Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pro personal swaps and always open to a penpal!  PM me =)

Wist :: Etsy :: Flickr
schultebunny
~*~ Little Firefighter Girl ~*~

It's not a matter of size, but a matter of heart.

« Reply #482 on: June 20, 2011 02:09:57 PM »

it's the first I've gotten flaked on, but to me, it just makes me want to work harder to get my swap stuff early or on time so that my partner doesn't feel flaked on or forgotten.
ah well, I can't wait for the next round! I wonder what "theme" it will be!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Working on getting back into swaps after some crazy two years!~

Please help me with my "patchwork" station blanket! I would love to get fire department patches! Thanks!
goldfishpollywog
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

« Reply #483 on: June 20, 2011 02:30:28 PM »

Sorry to those flaked on!  I've been there, and it is awkward to say the least no matter which side you are on.   There is a way to see how many times a person has flaked, but it has slipped my mind at the moment.  Angels are awesome, and though it isn't the same, it is great to get their package.

The hoops look awesome on the digital wall together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
heatherweather33
« Reply #484 on: June 20, 2011 06:13:19 PM »

Soooooooooo. I'm excited to see what my angel has for me!!

But also, I just came up with an idea, so tell me if you think this would work:

My hoopla wall is starting to fill with stuff made for/by me in my style of like...
What if...just WHAT IF I filled out my questionnaire next time for things my fiance liked, that way there would be something on the wall that he would like too (he likes what I like, but to get a more diverse collection on the wall of our home to reflect both of us) I could even have him fill out the questionnaire himself, and consult him on any follow up from my partner?

Has anyone ever done this? Does it sound like it would work/be allowed by moderators?? Let me know what you think!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE MORE!
erica_tattoos
« Reply #485 on: June 20, 2011 07:19:20 PM »

i don't think that's any big deal, heatherweather - i've stalked thru plenty of galleries and stuff where people have showed off stuff they got that they requested for their fella or their kids....  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican

« Reply #486 on: June 20, 2011 07:35:32 PM »

Soooooooooo. I'm excited to see what my angel has for me!!

But also, I just came up with an idea, so tell me if you think this would work:

My hoopla wall is starting to fill with stuff made for/by me in my style of like...
What if...just WHAT IF I filled out my questionnaire next time for things my fiance liked, that way there would be something on the wall that he would like too (he likes what I like, but to get a more diverse collection on the wall of our home to reflect both of us) I could even have him fill out the questionnaire himself, and consult him on any follow up from my partner?

Has anyone ever done this? Does it sound like it would work/be allowed by moderators?? Let me know what you think!!
Yeah, for the Video Game swap I am having my partner craft for my husband and I am crafting for her son. And the Ninni swap (and others...) I've requested items for my kids. I also once did a swap where my partner sent to my mom in a different state than me for my mom's b-day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #487 on: June 20, 2011 07:35:41 PM »

this round i made a hoop for mr canamharris at mrs canamharris' request.  it even has a nipple on it.  Wink  and a robot... Grin

i have used swaps for christmas shopping and birthday gifts. its an awesome way to get something for someone you cant think of(or make yourself).  and im sure your hubby would be pleased to have something for him in the mail... mine still seems to thing one of the mythbusters hoops is his Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
heatherweather33
« Reply #488 on: June 20, 2011 07:37:03 PM »

I'm glad that's not unheard of! awesome!! Maybe I'll fill out for him this next round on the questionnaire and have my partner mail it to him, and surprise him with it!  Grin
That would be cute!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAKE MORE!
luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #489 on: June 20, 2011 08:48:51 PM »

Absolutely you can have your partner craft for your fiance or anyone else - just put that info in your questionnaire!

And thanks so much to our wonderful angels!  I can't wait to see what wonderful additions you have for the gallery!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 71 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Everyday Items to Protect Book Covers
How to Make an Art Smock
How to Make a Cigar Box Pocketbook
How to Create Shadow Puppets
How to Create a Portable Play Sack
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...