A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,088
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: scarf/ belt  (Read 3481 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

handprints27
« on: June 03, 2005 05:21:04 PM »

hey, in art we made scarves or belts (what ever u want them to be).  Allyou have to do is take 3 or more straws (or how many you want depending on how wide it will be.)  Then you cut as many strings as you have straws (say u have 4 straws, cut 4 strings) thenbring them through the straw.  After each string is through thier on straw, bring up an inch extra and then tape it to the top of the straw.  now tape the bottom of the straws together.  take as many colors as you would like to weave with.  tie one to the middle of the first straw and start to weave.  When you have only about 3 inches of that color left, tie another color to it and so on and so forth.  Keep pushing the strings down until they get to where you taped the bottom of the straws.  Now carefully remove the tape and slide the weaving down onto the strings.  Keep moving it down until you reach the knot tied at the bottom. You are done!

Heres a picture of the product in progress: 
http://www.ontdekplek.nl/ency_v2/images/strawweaving.gif

ENJOY! Kiss
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010 09:02:58 PM by MareMare - Reason: to remove broken image tags » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CHILLAX!
GeekMagnet
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005 07:51:12 PM »

um yeah.... might need some pictures on this one.  im a little confused.  sounds great.  at least a picture of the finished product if possible please.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what is baby oil made from?
handprints27
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005 05:54:37 AM »

Ok i will send you a picture in the mean time.  Right now I don't even no how to put one on the thread.  Can you tell me?[http://www.kid-at-art.com/icons/weave.gif][http://www.kid-at-art.com/icons/weave.gif] click on one of these
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CHILLAX!
btlgrl
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005 06:55:14 AM »

I'm pretty confused too.  Here's the picture:

But I'm not sure I get all the finer details, but I really would like to know!

CJ

ok so I went to the site that the picture was from and they have instructions!!  http://www.kid-at-art.com/htdoc/lesson9.html  It looks pretty neat!  Thanks
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005 06:57:14 AM by btlgrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
handprints27
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2005 06:58:29 AM »

no problem but how do you put the picture in the thread!!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CHILLAX!
btlgrl
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2005 07:01:16 AM »

I saved the pic and just uploaded it to the craftster site.  Then you have the code to put the pic in.  The only thing I can see that you did incorrectly was to put the commands around the url.  But then again, you shouldn't direct link to that picture, as it causes too much bandwidth to be taken from the site.  better to save and upload it yourself.

CJ
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crochet hooker12
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2005 10:13:18 AM »

That's cool and easy, too. I'm babysitting tonight, so I think I'll teach the kids how to do this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Mowing your lawn is against nature!" Rufus' response to Rev. Sheldon's comment about homosexuality being against nature
handprints27
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2005 03:45:01 PM »

awesome! plus if you want to add beads, just put it onto the string.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CHILLAX!
handprints27
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2005 04:15:27 PM »

P.S.  With the extra string, you can braid it.  That will make it look very cool and it will be easier to tie with the other side (if you are making a belt)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CHILLAX!
fabricfightsfire
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2005 05:47:57 PM »

oh i remeber that! Mrs.Fletcher did it right? Well even tho its not straw weaving, any1 kno how 2 do cardboard weaving?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
David Rabe Reveals His Favorite Movie
Helen Perelman Talks About Candy Fairies
Jackie Collins Reveals Her Favorite TV Show
Jeffrey Ross Talks About I Only Roast the Ones I Love
John Carter Cash Reveals His Favorite Music
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...