A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,607
Currently Running With Scissors:
463 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The last 6 months of kids sewing - picture heavy  (Read 2089 times)
Tags for this thread: girls_clothes  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

StacyCK
« on: May 06, 2011 11:47:54 AM »

Well I only seem to post here every 6 months or so.  Most of these are my own pattern or modified patterns.  All stencils except the Onix one is my artwork.  If there is anything you have a question on the construction...ask away!

Thanks for looking!  Grin
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012 08:31:12 AM by StacyCK - Reason: took off pictures of my kids wearing the clothes...only leave them on for a short while » THIS ROCKS   Logged
AsMcDd
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011 12:06:07 PM »

I love your style! Those are some amazing clothes, you've been very busy these past 6 months.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teachart
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011 12:26:16 PM »

WOW, those are all fantastic! I love all the little "extras" in your style- a stripe, pointed collar, ruffles, just fantastic! You have some lucky (and cute:)) kiddos! Thanks for posting!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Padester
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011 12:58:57 PM »

Awesome!  Love all those clothes!  There's so much, I didn't get a good look at anything yet, but I do love how you make cool things for your son.  I have kind of given up on making clothes for my boy, other than pj's - he just doesn't find what I make sufficiently cool anymore.   Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shan-E-bear

I don't DO Normal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011 03:03:40 PM »

Definite wow! I love them all but particularly the 2nd dress, it is ridiculously cute, I'd love to see more of the front!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out!! I was featured on Geekcrafts.com!

50 Crafts in 2011 60!/50

I went wisting!!
norahkate
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011 03:31:11 AM »

Gorgeous!  I especially love the second (pink/green) dress and the Christmas stuff...do you use patterns?  Amazing work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for baby food jars (or other small jars with lids)
StacyCK
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011 06:51:05 AM »

Thanks so much everyone!

Padester - I'm pretty lucky my son doesn't really care what I dress him in - he's pretty easy going right now.  I know it will come a time that he won't care to wear what I make him, either.

Shan-E-bear - here is the front of the dress:

front of stella dress by Stacy CK Photography, on Flickr

norahkate - I use patterns for some things (like the Christmas stuff) but I usually modify them to some degree.  For instance her Christmas nightgown was supposed to have a fake placket in the front and button in the back which was utter nonsense.  I changed it to a real placket in the front and no button in the back, as she can readily dress herself at this age and I'd prefer she do it.

I have a basic bodice block that I modify for many of her dresses.  My son's clothes are mostly Ottobre patterns, but the pants are heavily modified in the pockets.  For the pink/green dress, it is basically my tutorial I shared a few years back for a shirred sundress, but the front was different pieces of ruffled fabric sewn together.  It wasn't the easiest to put together due to the piping.  I based it off a dress I saw on Stella McCartneys kids clothes site.  Here is the original dress: http://www.stellamccartneykids.com/minnie-girls-smocked-strappy-dress-light-blue.htm?ProductId=720253267&FiltreCouleur=0061&SEL=0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jannapy
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011 08:16:28 PM »

Oh wow! I clicked on the link to the Stella McCartney original...you totally out-designed the designer!  AND, I love, love, love your "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" picture!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't do it with duck tape...it can't be done!

http://sundayinthecountry.blogspot.com/
zaluly
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011 08:55:42 PM »

Wow! Great clothes, super pictures (that Grinch one is also my favorite), adorable models
THIS ROCKS   Logged
utemama
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011 06:16:37 PM »

absolutely awesome !!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ken Burns on Overcoming Filmmaking Obstacles
Ken Burns on “The National Parks”
Ken Burns on How the Film Shapes the Filmmaker
Henry Selick on Coraline Production
How Diffusion Gels Are Used in Film Making
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...