A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,378
Currently Running With Scissors:
575 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The last 6 months of kids sewing - picture heavy  (Read 2083 times)
Tags for this thread: girls_clothes  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

StacyCK
« on: May 06, 2011 11:47:54 AM »

Well I only seem to post here every 6 months or so.  Most of these are my own pattern or modified patterns.  All stencils except the Onix one is my artwork.  If there is anything you have a question on the construction...ask away!

Thanks for looking!  Grin
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012 08:31:12 AM by StacyCK - Reason: took off pictures of my kids wearing the clothes...only leave them on for a short while » THIS ROCKS   Logged
AsMcDd
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011 12:06:07 PM »

I love your style! Those are some amazing clothes, you've been very busy these past 6 months.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teachart
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011 12:26:16 PM »

WOW, those are all fantastic! I love all the little "extras" in your style- a stripe, pointed collar, ruffles, just fantastic! You have some lucky (and cute:)) kiddos! Thanks for posting!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Padester
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011 12:58:57 PM »

Awesome!  Love all those clothes!  There's so much, I didn't get a good look at anything yet, but I do love how you make cool things for your son.  I have kind of given up on making clothes for my boy, other than pj's - he just doesn't find what I make sufficiently cool anymore.   Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shan-E-bear

I don't DO Normal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011 03:03:40 PM »

Definite wow! I love them all but particularly the 2nd dress, it is ridiculously cute, I'd love to see more of the front!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out!! I was featured on Geekcrafts.com!

50 Crafts in 2011 60!/50

I went wisting!!
norahkate
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011 03:31:11 AM »

Gorgeous!  I especially love the second (pink/green) dress and the Christmas stuff...do you use patterns?  Amazing work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for baby food jars (or other small jars with lids)
StacyCK
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011 06:51:05 AM »

Thanks so much everyone!

Padester - I'm pretty lucky my son doesn't really care what I dress him in - he's pretty easy going right now.  I know it will come a time that he won't care to wear what I make him, either.

Shan-E-bear - here is the front of the dress:

front of stella dress by Stacy CK Photography, on Flickr

norahkate - I use patterns for some things (like the Christmas stuff) but I usually modify them to some degree.  For instance her Christmas nightgown was supposed to have a fake placket in the front and button in the back which was utter nonsense.  I changed it to a real placket in the front and no button in the back, as she can readily dress herself at this age and I'd prefer she do it.

I have a basic bodice block that I modify for many of her dresses.  My son's clothes are mostly Ottobre patterns, but the pants are heavily modified in the pockets.  For the pink/green dress, it is basically my tutorial I shared a few years back for a shirred sundress, but the front was different pieces of ruffled fabric sewn together.  It wasn't the easiest to put together due to the piping.  I based it off a dress I saw on Stella McCartneys kids clothes site.  Here is the original dress: http://www.stellamccartneykids.com/minnie-girls-smocked-strappy-dress-light-blue.htm?ProductId=720253267&FiltreCouleur=0061&SEL=0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jannapy
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2011 08:16:28 PM »

Oh wow! I clicked on the link to the Stella McCartney original...you totally out-designed the designer!  AND, I love, love, love your "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" picture!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't do it with duck tape...it can't be done!

http://sundayinthecountry.blogspot.com/
zaluly
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2011 08:55:42 PM »

Wow! Great clothes, super pictures (that Grinch one is also my favorite), adorable models
THIS ROCKS   Logged
utemama
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011 06:16:37 PM »

absolutely awesome !!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Steak With ZipSauce
How to Make ZipSauce Burgers
How to Cook Wild Duck
How to Make a Simple 5-Hour Roast Chicken
Lamb Sliders to go with your Beer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...