A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,196
Currently Running With Scissors:
460 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabric Lover Scavenger Hunt Gallery  (Read 8508 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

A2K
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2011 08:00:00 PM »

Yes, the Florida blanket is made from vintage sheets.  It was the thing I most enjoyed making and want to do a larger one for myself!  I really enjoyed putting this package together -- I think it was the categories that go me going! 

OGD, when you look at that bag, close your eyes on the handle.  I did a bad job and just didn't have the gumption to redo it -- even though I knew you might see it.  Cheesy 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2011 09:06:30 PM »

Oh my goodness, the fabric marmalade with hexagon compote is beyond fab!!!  (I might just have to whip up a batch for future gifties! Cool)

Y'all are so clever, and these packages are all amazing!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosyposie
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2011 05:06:57 AM »

These packages have been so creative.  I love the interpretation of all the themes. 

Here is the package I sent to AlizarinAntidote, she received last week. Her favorite color combos were purple and black and magenta and black or anything purple so I tried to make everything as purple as possible. 

And some close ups of the individual themes, I decided to try and get all 10 categories into 5 items, I was just over with 6. 

Something Vintage & tiny:  I got these at an amazing tag sale the day after we got partners.  How awesome. 

Something Green: a tiny fabric covered notebook made of recycled paper based on ones on her wist.

Something Local: Sweethearts Candy, made in Revere, MA the Necco Factory smokestack used to look like a tube of Necco Wafers

Something Lucky & Bumpy:  Acorn Pin Cushion with lucky koi fish and pineapple.  Knitted bumpy top.

Sender's Choice: Something for that little black dress.  It is hard to see in the photo but the black fabric has shiny houndstooth patterned on it.  About 2 yds. to make the little black dress on her 50 projects for 2011 list. 

And Last but not least:

Something to do with the letter M, Something Cozy and Sharp (a bit of a stretch having scissors on it but I still thought it worked): A Sewing machine cozy with appliqued scissors and spool.  I even made thread on the spool with a bit of embroidery. 

I hope you liked you package Alizarin, I know i had fun making it. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2011 07:48:32 AM »

I love everyones treasures, so far.  One of my favs is the sweater mushroom house.  It's so dang cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
misskohaku
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2011 05:56:47 PM »

I got my package today! I love love love what saylo sent!

Something tiny and vintage: these adorable buttons.

Something vintage: three gorgeous ribbons.

Something local: I love historical things, and the print on this bag is "of some rock carvings in Glosa. The carvings are from the stone age."  Shocked

Something bumpy and cozy: needle binding in wool yarn wrist warmers/coffee cozies. They are already in use.  Tongue

Sender's choice: two amazing fabrics. The blue one is a classic Swedish fabric. As for the second one, I love things with words on them and that fabric is wonderful. Now, I need to find the perfect project for that fabric.

Saylo, thank you so much for making my first swap so great, you are fantastic. I was a little iffy about swapping at first, but now, I can't wait to do another one Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stacysews
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2011 08:05:16 PM »

OOOOOOOh, I love that fabric with the writing on it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2011 02:35:35 PM »

My package arrived I few days ago and I love everything!  My partner was pinkleo!!!!

This is what she sent:

Something sharp, oops I forgot to add the pins (something sharp) to its home the  pincushion.

Cozy:  This too cute crocheted cookie tape measure.  The extra dab of icing pulls out to reveal the actual tap measure.
For bumpy is the stress ball and boy have I used it this week!  It feels so bumpy!!!!

Senders choice was fabric.  I love all of her selections, 3 fat quarters and yardage.  I love the yardage piece it is so pretty, and some of my favorite colors.

For the letter M she sent a parket bag pattern plus a few more.  I can not wait to use these!

And an extra that did not last very long, a favorite candy of mine Twizzlers!!!

Thanks you again pinkleo for such a fun swap and for being a fabulous partner!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

p.kok
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2011 06:52:13 AM »

I finally have some time to post this. I have received my package from gatheredthreads a fed days ago

First everything together:

My favorite is definitely the peacock fabric that she designed and printed herself. I do love everything else too, of course!

A closeup of the bumpy texture of the pleather

and a closeup of the trims:

I really like all of them! I'll probably make hair bands out of some of them this evening:)

oh, gatheredthreads, btw, spoonflower shipped the fabric on Friday so it should arrive soon:)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011 06:56:18 AM by p.kok » THIS ROCKS   Logged

saylo
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2011 03:58:21 PM »

I got my package a couple of days ago too, I PMed misskohaku when I got it. I can't believe it was her first swap.
I have been working late/strange hours, so it has been a bit too dark for me to get decent photos, but tomorrow I have a day off, so I'll get some pictures of the nice things she sent me. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2011 08:01:57 AM »

ORGANIZER NOTE:  I am sad to report that we need an angel for rosyposie.  If you are interested, please PM me.  Here are a few details about rosyposie:

---lives in the USA
---allergy
: pineapple fragrance
---favorite fabrics: cottons of all sorts and fun apparel fabrics
---favorite colors & color combos: teal, mustard, greyscale, earth tones, grey-white-bright color, brown-yellow-red, teal-purple-cream
---favorite way to beat the blahs: if the weather is nice a good walk/bike ride outside, digging in the garden, but if its winter...a great ball of yarn and a movie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creating the Towers of the Sandcastle
How to Build a Sandcastle
Sandcastle: Creating the Crenelations and Cut-Through Arches
Sandcastle: Creating the Crenelated Wall and Staircase
Sandcastle: Creating the Grand Entrance
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...