A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
706 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabric Lover Scavenger Hunt Gallery  (Read 7206 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aprettymess

plenty of creativity... not enough hands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2011 06:02:20 PM »

omg omg omg omg! i got my package today and i am soooooooo lucky!
deece spolied me!! thanks so much  Kiss

heres all the awesome stuff she sent:
something local

fabric hand-dyed in her hometown, in my fave color  Grin i cam never have enough pink

something tiny

these adorable little hair ties from my wist. i think i will wear them tomorrow  Cool

something related to the letter m

she placed this absolutely adorable mermaid embroidery over a frame so it cam stand. i had to limit the crop to the embroidery because the pic was too many MBs for craftster. i think this will go to my desk at work where it will be admired most and make me smile

something bumpy

the picture does not do justice to this awesome drawstring bag. let me assure you the bottom texture is bumpy. i love the way the colors go together and the birdcage fabric was also from my wist (lucky me!)

sender's choice

this cute little crafted basket filled with

pretty thread, rick rack, buttons (the little white muchroom one is my fave but they are all cool), omnigrid ruler, and beeswax for strengthening sewing thread. (i have never used beeswax but have heard of people using it)

and lastly an extra

i have never even heard of this magazine before (i know im suprised too lol) but i have already thumbed through it a bit and cant wait to read some articles

thank you again denise! i had a great swap
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aprettymess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2011 06:18:08 PM »

Buttons!  I love these buttons.  I have seen the ones with the tree (the ones on the left) and I have almost purchased them more than once.  Now I have them. Yay! Smiley

Fabric!  In her note she wrote "lucky #7".  There are 7 great fabrics here.  Very creative!

Something local:
Bandannas & something cool, but not sure what to call it! Smiley
I love the rich colors of the bandannas!  I don't know if the other item has a specific name, but I love it.  I have some dreamcatchers and this reminds me off those.  Very cool!

glad uve been wanting those buttons but never bought them!

of the fat qtrs the brown funky checkered one is my fave. i thought you would appreciate it more with the natural colors and geometrical design

as for the local, i thoguht the bandanas showed the beauty of the desert... as much as i cant stand this place i sure love the sunset! and the other thing i have no idea what it is called either lol but i liked the colors and design for you. it wa shanging near teh dreamcathers bu i dont know the story behind what this is for. next time i go to el paso saddleblanket i will ask someone
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stacysews
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2011 07:00:20 PM »

canamharris the fabrics you received are adorable and I love the vintage apron - that fabric is perfect!  And what an adorable little basket, deece did you use a tutorial?  I LOVE it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

raennn
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2011 08:49:44 PM »

I love that fabric basket too, so cute! And I had no idea there was a fairy magazine!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is confusing, just when you think it's over it throws you a view like this and you don't know where you are.
- Evy in Driving Lessons
onegroovyday
Tutorial Contributor

"UNLESS"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2011 07:57:55 PM »

got my box of goodies from nostephot today... lots of WONDERFUL little packages

we decided to do all 10 categories.....so here goes...(in no particular order)

first was "something local"..... I LOVE LOVE LOVE stickers, not regular stickers, but the little "local" mini bumper sticker kind.... and boy did nostephot set me up... look at all of these.....

then the "something cozy" a coffee cup sleve and cover for my frenchpress... Im so loving the grey and yellow.....and..... . "something related to 'm'".......a Mugrug that matches

"something bumpy".... a zipper zipper pouch(love the inside fabric), filled with zippers......and... . "something tiny"... a button matchbox, filled with buttons

"something GREEN"... a patchwork belt, made out of scraps.... and "something sharp" (nostephot said she was pushing it with this one) a hair clip that will look 'sharp' on me

"something vintage".. fabric, and it is AWESOME, love the dogs and the polkadots... and ...."something lucky" clover cards, nostephhot took the picture and made it into a card... so COOL

and "senders choice".... a most awesome, wonderful, to die for bag..... love the fabric, love the size

love love LOVE everything.... what a great swap!!

thanks so much nostephot, you are AWESOME
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aprettymess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2011 09:22:22 PM »

great package groovy!
nostephot i love your take on sharp  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosyposie
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2011 05:11:47 AM »

The bumper stickers are great!  I was thinking along the same lines for sharp and then ended up going in another direction at the last moment.  My dad always says "you look sharp!" which I think is funny in its antiquated-ness.  I also really enjoy the mug coziness kit.  What a great idea to make a cozy for the french press as well as the mug itself, and the colors are great. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2011 05:29:01 AM »

I have just loved watching this gallery! All of you have had such imagainative responses to the challenge.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2011 07:01:27 AM »

"You look sharp" is antiquated?  Will someone please catch me up on the current lingo?  Cheesy  I was leaning towards this very use of "sharp."  This is the problem with sending later than others!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2011 07:25:48 AM »

Love everything in the gallery.  It's great to see how everyone interprets the catagories. I've got one little thing left then my package is out the door.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Wicked Authors Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie
Holly Black Describes the Inspiration Behind White Cat
Author Lisa Tucker Reveals Her Best Quality
Author Elizabeth Noble Reveals the Inspiration For Her New Novel The Girl Next Door
Brenda Watson Talks About The Fiber35 Diet
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...