A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,491
Currently Running With Scissors:
537 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 111
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Decked Out for Deathly Hallows Part II (Signups CLOSED; Sendouts 7/1)  (Read 50267 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RikaHeart
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

" If the world is made of light and darkness..."

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2011 06:49:40 PM »

Wow! Alot of people!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2011 07:20:59 PM »

I was at Aeternitas. Small and lots of fun, like 300 of us took over a little hotel in New Hampshire last weekend and had a ton of fun.

I am so very very jealous you got to be in NH last weekend.  That's where I'm from originally, and I've been feeling terribly homesick this month.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Samantha_McKay
Artist, Siren, Immortal, Goddess, Mother, Wife, Geek, Writer

You and me, time and space. You watch us run!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2011 08:47:01 PM »

I was at Aeternitas. Small and lots of fun, like 300 of us took over a little hotel in New Hampshire last weekend and had a ton of fun.

I am so very very jealous you got to be in NH last weekend.  That's where I'm from originally, and I've been feeling terribly homesick this month.  Sad

It was lovely! I'm sorry you miss it!  I'm constantly homesick Sad  I'm from Alaska and we are living in Northern Virginia now. It's too warm and strange and my whole family is 4500 miles away!  And of course I can't just fly back when I want because we have kids. And the craft stores here suck compared to Alaska, who would have ever thought that!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Helen Magnus: No killing!
Nikola Tesla: Said the woman with a gun to a vampire.

The Doctor: Shout if you get into trouble
River Song : Don't worry I'm quite the screamer.. now there's a spoiler for you .

http://wists.com/Samantha_McKay
Opaka
« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2011 08:57:06 PM »

Ahh I'm quite jealous now!  It seems like you've gotten to see quite a lot of bands live.  I've never seen one live before and I've never been to a con before.  I'm not in a very convenient part of my state, and people don't often even come to my state at all for shows and stuff so I haven't really had the opportunity.  But LeakyCon is SO going to make up for that.  Cheesy

I think my favorite songs by MoM are Harry Potter is Dead, The Hero Pt. 2, and Seven Shadows.  Cheesy  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Oh, look at you lot. You're all so vacant. Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing."
Samantha_McKay
Artist, Siren, Immortal, Goddess, Mother, Wife, Geek, Writer

You and me, time and space. You watch us run!

« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2011 09:59:15 PM »

I hadn't even heard of WORCK before I moved to Virginia two years ago. I joined the local HP meetup group and went to a couple of shows, met a few of the bands and became friends with a few of them.

We seriously have nothing like it in Alaska where I am from, or we didn't back when I lived there. I was part of other similar things with sci-fi and medieval themes though.

I highly suggest to those who don't have local groups to make their own. I would have assumed it would be a lot of kids in a group like it, but our group is mostly adults and only a few of us have kids (I think in my group mine are the youngest)

Our organizer plans about 2 meetups a month (we have a huge group so we get 5-12 people for each event) and then a few major meet ups a year. So we have a variety of things we relate to HP to make it about more than just a set of books.

We do the movies together, have fan-fic meets, go to museums, cavern tours, valentines tea parties (we are doing a Jane Austen one in July), and we celebrate Harry's birthday every year & play Quidditch, do a Halloween Party, etc. I even hosted a craft meet for my group recently for making Freezer paper stenciled stuff.

Here is a pic of the cake I baked Harry's birthday last year. I have no idea how to top it this year. I might get Lazy and make the pink cake from HP:SS with Happee Birthday Harry on it.

This took up the whole table, never again lol. The gold was done with edible gold paint on the cake and the snitch cupcakes.

And now I will totally shut up because I keep making huge posts. I think my obsession is showing. Thank god you can't see my potions lab house to know how far off the deep end I really am lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Helen Magnus: No killing!
Nikola Tesla: Said the woman with a gun to a vampire.

The Doctor: Shout if you get into trouble
River Song : Don't worry I'm quite the screamer.. now there's a spoiler for you .

http://wists.com/Samantha_McKay
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2011 10:37:28 PM »

Samantha_McKay, you crack me up! At least your partner will know ahead of time how awesome you are. Smiley And I really enjoy reading your novels posts when I come on afterward - I'd never even heard of WROCK until your post on it and now I find myself searching for all of these darn songs!!!! Dang it! I need to finish up my other swap!!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011 10:38:58 PM by Audania1 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Opaka
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2011 11:18:36 PM »

OMG COOLEST CAKE.   Grin  And I love the idea of an HP group, but it isn't really practical for me to start one seeing as I'm going to be moving to go to college this fall.  Perhaps I can start a group there...  Hm...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Oh, look at you lot. You're all so vacant. Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing."
Staar84
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2011 04:25:18 AM »

OMG snitch cupcakes!! I have to make these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist

Hi, my name is Erin and I'm addicted to swapping...

International Snack Swap
Star Trek V
One Tiny Monster Swap
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2011 06:21:51 AM »

OMGosh! Shocked  That cake is AMAZING!!!  And the snitch cupcakes are brilliant!

(of course I should have known that anyone who created the Zombie Attack Victim Cake could create an awesome HP cake.  You should post your HP cake on the Dessert Board as well.)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011 06:22:19 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wizards_Pupil
Flying solo and Free

Demons run when a good man goes to war.

« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2011 08:48:07 AM »

Omg Snitch cupcakes are the coolest idea! I am so going to make those for the pre-movie marathon. I'm so excited for the swap  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's make sure that history never forgets the name Enterprise."

"There's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."

"I still believe in heroes."

My Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 111 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose a TV Fan Site
How to Advertise Your Band on Myspace
How to Get a Show Back on the Air
How to Make a Lego Pokemon
How to Play Wacky Races
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...