A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
683 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Do you mind if I join in too??  (Read 810 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mopppy
« on: May 04, 2011 03:43:26 PM »

Hello! Well I've finally managed to get a date out of him who thinks he wears the trousers in this relationship  Wink so we are getting wed on 28th April 2012 *does a little dance* Now the crafting can begin!

This forum is brilliant, I have been a lurker for a couple of years but only recently signed up, some of the ideas you ladies come up with are amazing so you might see a few crop up in my posts over the next few months.

For the moment though I am in need of some help, my theme is Vintage Tea Party so hopefully my village hall will be decorated with bunting, vintage mismatched china, cakestands, roses etc. I have my heart set on a rose print gown and have seen a couple but I have just found another which i have fallen in love with but its the wrong size for me and googling isn't coming up with anything similar  Cry  so I'm thinking of making my own...

(sorry for the link I can't post pictures yet)  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180613953931&fromMakeTrack=true

Here comes the help bit, has anyone come accross a pattern similar to this or any rose print fabric on their travels through the internet??? There is only so much I can browse through before my eyes go squiffy and i give up the will to live lol

Thanks in advance
Channa

THIS ROCKS   Logged
BoyceMachine
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011 05:51:16 AM »

Congratulations on setting a date...me and my partner are currently discussing weddingy things and I'm pretty much after a tea party/village fete style thing too...all mis-matched.   Cheesy

I want it to be nice versions of what I have in my home already.   Cheesy

Well, I've never came across fabric like the lovely dress you linked to but Mandors in Glasgow has this....

I really like it as an idea for bridesmaids.

Also, if you go to the organized craft swap section, in the swap ideas bit there's a Going to the Chapel wedding swap coming up that you should look into doing...

Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life's a garden.  Dig it.

www.wists.com/Boycemachine
dancedupapillon
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011 07:50:09 AM »

I love the idea of a rose print gown! And also using your village hall, so much more intimate and personal than using some big hotel.  I took a look on the Butteric/McCalls/Vogue site and didn't find anything really close to that, but I did find this, which I think would work really well with the theme and look beautiful in a rose print

http://voguepatterns.mccall.com/v2962-products-8314.php?page_id=861

I think if you want to get a pattern  for a dress with a similar collar to the Pronovias one you found, you'll probably have better luck looking in the costume section of pattern books, because it almost has an 1800's feel to it.  Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jamais sans mes ciseaux.
How Lovely
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011 03:28:32 AM »

I want this dress so bad!!! Smiley I saw it and it made me think of Japan, that colour pallette was in all the Japanese clothes shops last summer as was floral. If you do a google search for Japanese rose fabric there are a few similar things... I think it's becasue the ebay said it was painted also made me think of that
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm sweet... Like too much sugar in your tea
~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
Pins: www.pinterest.com/howlovely
Store: www.etsy.com/shop/NostOWLgia
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hot Summer Fashion Trends
Trends We Learned From the Tribeca Film Festival
VMA Wrap-Up Best and Worst Dressed
How to Work the Miniskirt Trend
Emma Morrison Guide to the Perfect Jean
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...