A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
463 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Disappearing Birdy  (Read 4503 times)
Tags for this thread: birdcage  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dyabolica

Gaze into my eyes and submit to my puppy dominion!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: June 03, 2005 02:23:35 PM »

This is Jewels, I have had her 8 yrs and covered her cage with an ugly 70's bed sheet.  . I was given a stack of restaurant tablecloths and decided to make a nice bird cage cover for her. She likes a peep hole, so thats why its opened like that. It took maybe 35 minutes to make, now I feel bad she had to look at the sheet for 8 yrs. My kid says I should make a cover that looks like a tv with a plastic window and call it bird tv.
shameless cute pic, forgive her appearence shes molting
Jewels cover

if you look close you can see her birdy butt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

R.I.P Jon 7.15.07 I will never get over losing you!
End the war in Iraq, we have lost enough our
Fathers, Mothers, Sons and Daughters! I won't be on Craftster for a while, I am just not feeling creative.
jettetheimpala
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005 04:13:11 AM »

Ayee! She's beautiful! What kind of parrot is she?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the little fish have fun in the sea... http://www.quicklittlesplinter.com
spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005 07:30:10 AM »

ha thats a great bird
i love the colors
my mom had an african sennigal (sp?) for 4 yrs.  the bird would not shut up.  Angry at 5AM every morning, regardless of the day, it would sing off-key "I LEFT MY HEAAARRTTT IN SAN FRAN" and would never add the "SISCO".   i fed it french fries  Grin

eventually, for some reason, the bird started to hate me and it plucked all of its feathers out while i was away at school one day... i came home and it looked like a chicken (where's the bbq sauce?).  she had to give the bird to a friend of hers who had another bird.  the birds talked to each other all the time and finally the bird grew feathers and would chat at me and do that "kiss/nibble" thing to my cheek.  i kept my eyes closed so it wouldn't attack my retina.

so, yup, that's my bird story.

oh and your cover is very nice..looks like you bought it that way!!  i agree with your kid.  make a "Tv" one and title it "bird tv".  thats hysterical!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
Sati
Craftsterbator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005 12:02:10 PM »

My kid says I should make a cover that looks like a tv with a plastic window and call it bird tv.

lol, how old is your kid?  That's genius Smiley  Great job on the cover.  What a beautiful bird!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Holly ~
dyabolica

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005 06:25:39 AM »

Jewels is a Solomans Island Eclectus, they are not great talking but make up for it with cuteness and them wild colors..The males are almost a line green
Ayee! She's beautiful! What kind of parrot is she?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fathers, Mothers, Sons and Daughters! I won't be on Craftster for a while, I am just not feeling creative.
dyabolica

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005 06:27:01 AM »

My kid says I should make a cover that looks like a tv with a plastic window and call it bird tv.

lol, how old is your kid? That's genius Smiley Great job on the cover. What a beautiful bird!
shes 16 and pure Evil, god help me lmfao.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dyabolica

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005 06:31:57 AM »

ha thats a great bird
i love the colors
my mom had an african sennigal (sp?) for 4 yrs.  the bird would not shut up.  Angry at 5AM every morning, regardless of the day, it would sing off-key "I LEFT MY HEAAARRTTT IN SAN FRAN" and would never add the "SISCO".   i fed it french fries  Grin

eventually, for some reason, the bird started to hate me and it plucked all of its feathers out while i was away at school one day... i came home and it looked like a chicken (where's the bbq sauce?).  she had to give the bird to a friend of hers who had another bird.  the birds talked to each other all the time and finally the bird grew feathers and would chat at me and do that "kiss/nibble" thing to my cheek.  i kept my eyes closed so it wouldn't attack my retina.

so, yup, that's my bird story.

oh and your cover is very nice..looks like you bought it that way!!  i agree with your kid.  make a "Tv" one and title it "bird tv".  thats hysterical!
Well the singing in the moning is flock calling all parrots do it, as for the feather plucking that can be a number of things, poor diet, boredom, jealousy, I am glad the bird stopped, some cant and become addicted to father plucking.. Since she stopped when she was put with another birdy it was probably boredom. They can be very neurotic lol, and even feel hate jealousy and they have a sense of humor. I swear Jelwes watchs the 70's show and finds Kelson hysterical, cause thats the only time she makes her evil clown birdy laugh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sati
Craftsterbator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2005 10:07:19 AM »

lol, that's awesome.  Birds are super complex, and way cool animals Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Holly ~
pollen
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2005 08:17:17 PM »

Aw, I love Eclectus.  Yours is beautiful!

I have a Blue-Fronted Amazon and a Blue and Gold Macaw, who both need nice cage covers.  We've been using sheets too.  Great job!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Green Feather
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2005 11:09:51 AM »

You'r eclectus is gorgeaus! I my self have a sun conure Smiley Very brilliant cover you've made! I have two cages for my parrot, one who is inside a very dark and boring room because of how big it is, the cage doesn't fit anywhere else, he sleeps there and I put him there when we are cooking, then I have a more proper cage for him near a sunny window in the kitchen, our house is really big and the kitchen, living room and tv room are pretty much the same room Smiley Big open place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Unique Braid and Messy Bun
Britney Spears Inspired Hair and Make Up Tutorial
Carrie Underwood Inspired Hair and Makeup Tutorial
How to Create a Hair Side Braid with Ribbon
Tinkerbell Fairy Hair and Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...