A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,898
Currently Running With Scissors:
473 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Jar of Whimsies Round 9 Gallery!  (Read 14619 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CDEeeek
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2011 06:31:44 PM »

So endymion went above and beyond the call of duty for me. She says she checked my wists, but she must also be psychic, because she sent me things I have wanted forever that weren't on there. I hardly had enough room for everything, so, sorry for the pics being crammed full. Could be worse things that happen! Grin
First, was a beautiful card, hand made, which is fortunate that I read first because there was a note in it for later too. Then, there was the container and a bundle(dun dun dun). She had warned me in the card that I might never get the box shut again once I open it. Which was ok because....

....inside was packed and turned into a tiny circus, complete with crowd!

There were so many things in that box I can't even fit them all, but my favorites are the micro mini figures, including a tiny ballerina that I needed badly for a project. But every single thing in here was precious to me.But wait, there is so much more! The bundle contained beautiful fabric swatches and a ribbon that Rocky tried to make off with(he has his OWN). Inside was a massive amount of ephemera, of the likes I have never dreamed of. I seriously can finish like, 10 projects I am working on with this alone:

Handmade items included a zipper tentacle bracelet which I wore all day(my client insisted I show the nurse at the clinic because I was so excited about it). also a bottlecap necklace with a Cheshire lion(lol), two bunny magnets in bottle caps, and one with an eyeball. Also two medical silk screened buttons, and two silk screen prints.

Photo of more:

I think this post is already overloaded, but here is a pic of Rocky thinking he can do whatever he wants.There is so, so much more, but the cat's patience ran out and I feared for the life of it all. I was actually trying to pack it away when he rudely interrupted. Any closeups will have to be taken by my husband, as macro is not my forte. But this is seriously the most kind thoughtful gift I have ever gotten. I mean ever! And it's almost my birthday to boot! endymion, you rock!

EDIT: I really have to mention some more favorites from this, because there were so many! Of the tinies, there is a tardis(blue police box), baby, camel, clowns(which is the only size a clown should be) and mini fish, nautical and other themed charms. A whole bag of buttons, including florals, which I really need. Some wood scraps from a class her husband teaches, one of which looks like an outline of zombies to me(lol). Also, she sent things that are sentimental, and the bracelet was made from something from her mom's sewing box. There were postcards, which I collect(!), and the humorous thing about them is that they have these typed letters to doctors that look like vacation stories, but wind up being a pharmaceutical ad from 1957. Quote: "I have been taking one-half tablet of Methedrine before each meal and have lost 2 pounds already". Well I'd think so. Hee! So much more, seriously thanks again, hours of fun for me!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011 07:15:44 AM by CDEeeek - Reason: add to list of loot » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I has a pinterest: http://pinterest.com/cdeeeek/

"It's an electronics store, Major, not Basra. Get it under control."
Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2011 07:32:53 PM »

Good things DO come in small packages. Here is the proof from yzzilnaoj:

The jar is a paper mache-covered glass canister. Liz painted it in a 'Fiestaware' color - as I love bold bright colors.

Overview of all the goodies: ribbon, sequins, beads, game pieces (you'll laugh when you open your package, Liz), pin-back buttons, pendants and so much more.

Close-up of the pendants and some of the metal bits. I have started attempting assemblage art so these pieces will get me started.

Close up of the buttons and some glass beads.

But wait- there's more:

Handmade card  and some scrapbooking stuff. Liz designed the hummingbird picture and then gave me multiple copies in different sizes! The rainbow banner because San Francisco reminds her of rainbows, hmmmm, the drag queens in my apartment building will love this!

More paper goodies which I will use in the Inchie swap - postage stamps, stickers, lots of good stuff.

And my favorite thing - vintage photos.

Liz - thanks so much for a thoughtful package full of stuff I love. And thanks Meeka for organizing.
(Scrambles off to play with her new loot!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Winter Ninni Swap - Sign ups 12/01 - 12/15
4 x 6 Art Swap - January 2015
Fabric Art Journal Pages - February 2015
CDEeeek
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2011 07:35:38 PM »

Ooo, lots of pretties! I love the chunky metal stuff a lot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2011 07:36:46 PM »

Okay, I just read CDEeeek's post and not only did I use some of the same language as her, my birthday is next week also so yay for Geminis! And yay for thoughtful partners!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Winter Ninni Swap - Sign ups 12/01 - 12/15
4 x 6 Art Swap - January 2015
Fabric Art Journal Pages - February 2015
CDEeeek
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2011 07:45:20 PM »

Okay, I just read CDEeeek's post and not only did I use some of the same language as her, my birthday is next week also so yay for Geminis! And yay for thoughtful partners!

We must have been in sync like true Geminiis!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imafundork
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2011 07:46:40 PM »

Another Gemini here(May 29)!  I should receive my package just before my birthday, too.  Woohoo!  Grin

You both received some fun stuff.   I like how the gallery is starting to explode!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wistful Thinking
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
yzzilnoaj
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2011 08:07:58 PM »

Smmarrt I am so glad you liked your package!  I really did have a wonderful time putting it all together.  I am betting that I might have some games pieces coming my way Cheesy

On a different note Everyone is getting really awesome things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
titaniumhip
Titaniumhip Sews

« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2011 10:07:28 PM »

I wanna thank everyone for being in such amazing communication for this swap...i think hat we are on our way to a flake free swap!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pollyprissypants

I'll bet you ride a Schwinn, Schwinnrider!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2011 04:53:28 AM »

Woohoo for a flake free swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty Butterfly

Everythin's shiny Cap'n

« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2011 05:59:07 AM »

I received an awesome package from r0ckwithme yesterday. I love it when swap packages arrive in the mail. It always makes my day. without further ado here are the gushes and pics.

Here's a pic of everything before being unpacked. Some of the bits would've been in the coin purse but to fit in the small flatrate shipping box had to be emptied out.

Here's a pic of everything all spread out (a couple of plastic animals were snatched by my little ones and didn't make it to this second pic) There were a ton of little hair clips, bracelets, rings, platic animals googly eyes, buttons, charms, gaming bits and all sorts of other lovely little bits and bobs.

Here's a close up of the handmade items. They were carefuly packed in the super cool decorated box. The awesomest hands down is the small Falcor the Luck Dragon. I adore the Neverending Story. My son wanted Falcor but he's mine! Smiley There is also a friendship bracelet style of Auryn (also from neverending story) And 4 stitch markers for knitting/crochet which were on my wists. It's a very clever use of earring hooks and hair clips.

Here's a close up of a few of my fave noncrafted items. Everything was cool and will either be crafted with or used to distract my little ones so that I can craft.  I love googly eyes, everything is more amuzing when you put googly eyes on it. I also love butterflies(go figure) and the charms are awesome.

Thanks again partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Set the Image Quality and Resolution in the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Set the Program Mode Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Set the Manual Mode Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Set the Manual Focus Function Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
How to Set the ISO Function Using the Panasonic G1/GH1
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...