A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,074
Currently Running With Scissors:
703 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sound activated light up festival bag  (Read 2781 times)
Tags for this thread: messenger_bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sirk
"We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master"

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2011 01:38:02 AM »

Today is my stepson's birthday, he's 12 which I'm finding a hard age to buy for without a huge expense. I bought this sound activated panel from Focal price (http://www.focalprice.com/search.html?keyword=el%20panel) a few months ago and yesterday set out to turn it into a bag.

The outer is a grey corduroy with a check quilters cotton inner with heavy weight interfacing. I made the bag flap up as I went along but basically I cut two outers and an inner pocket for the panel. Then I cut out the window along the bevel corners, folded them back and sewed around them and then attached the pocket for the panel enclosed it completely apart from a small section for the cord

This little pocket keeps the power supply for the panel nice and safe.

I made a little video to show how it works, the sound isn't the best but hopefully you get the idea
http://youtu.be/mmGW5JhjBRk
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011 02:12:45 AM by Sirk » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Maude Tiller
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011 01:46:11 AM »

Way to go! A good-looking and cool gift. You must be quite the bonus Mum.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
graced

Whatever! (Philippians 4:8)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011 11:07:17 AM »

That's just amazing! Great job!

Did he love it?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Words to craft by: Un homme a cheval va jamais voir ca...  "A man on horseback will never notice that."
limemade
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011 12:15:06 PM »

That is so AWESOME!!  I hope he loved it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am trying to turn all of my non crafty friends and relatives into crafters. It's like a cult. I want everyone to become addicted to my obsessions!
GrindHouseHussy19
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Guess Im at the right spot!! lol Here to craft an' chat!! woohoo!!!

Member of CAA- Crafting Addicts Anonymous

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011 12:52:41 PM »

That is just way toooooo kewl!!! Funny thing... I just came back from a trip to Florida (i'm in Canada) and @ Universal Studios (on the way out on Citywalk) ppl at a cart kiosk were selling shirts like that for 1 for $50.00 or 2 for $80.00. WAS looking into getting a couple but when I found out that you could only hand wash dry the shirts I was LIKE nooooo way and my nephew was really really upset!!! BUT........ OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! a BIG thx to you for dropping the site name where you got the panel I think I now can make him one!!! TY TY TY TY!!!!!!!!
That bag looks amazing, Great job!!

-GH
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cindyjane
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011 07:46:09 PM »

wowee, you rock! What a mum, that's awesome. What is focal, an electronics store? I wonder if we have that sort of thing in Australia. I"m off to google it now. That's fantastic, I want one so badly!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SUBMITEVERYTHOUGHT
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011 07:57:43 PM »

Awesome idea, he's gonna love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Genesis 8:22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
Sirk
"We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011 11:56:41 PM »

Thank you everyone, I think he likes it. It's hard to tell with tweenagers!

That is just way toooooo kewl!!! Funny thing... I just came back from a trip to Florida (i'm in Canada) and @ Universal Studios (on the way out on Citywalk) ppl at a cart kiosk were selling shirts like that for 1 for $50.00 or 2 for $80.00. WAS looking into getting a couple but when I found out that you could only hand wash dry the shirts I was LIKE nooooo way and my nephew was really really upset!!! BUT........ OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! a BIG thx to you for dropping the site name where you got the panel I think I now can make him one!!! TY TY TY TY!!!!!!!!
That bag looks amazing, Great job!!

-GH
No worries, can't wait to see what you come up with Smiley

wowee, you rock! What a mum, that's awesome. What is focal, an electronics store? I wonder if we have that sort of thing in Australia. I"m off to google it now. That's fantastic, I want one so badly!
Focal price ships from china (with free postage) I'm in Australia too so they definitely send things here. There is a link in my first post for the panels but be warned it's a very addictive site!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cindyjane
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011 04:56:28 PM »

omg, who knew there was such a thing? And the prices are good, too. Thanx. And yes, very addictive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BattleAxe
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011 09:27:58 PM »

Love it!  I was looking for something like this to use for my cell phone ringer in my bag.  then it would go off when the phone rang.  Thanks for the link!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Red Carpet Hairstyles
How to Do Urban Hairstyles
How to Do Teased Hairstyles
Bria Murphy Behind-The-Scenes For Dark & Lovely
Hair How To: The Grecian Twist
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...