A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: May Birthday Swap Discussion and Gallery  (Read 20949 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jaywesome

My new cat, Taco! <3

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 07, 2011 05:37:32 AM »

Yaaaay, I'm so happy you like it, PosiTori Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kiwi-Chickie

I am a hippy at heart...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #311 on: June 07, 2011 06:18:04 AM »

Glad the necklace fits! I had a hard time parting with it, lol.

That painting is gorgeous!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

VanGo87
Creative Alchemist

I create because my inspiration tells me to.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: June 08, 2011 02:42:29 PM »

So, you guys, you have to hear about my day and why Zzdia still hasn't gotten her package.

Since Canada Post is on strike I sent a package to the Philippines via DHL courier on June 2nd. After making me run around after they put the shipment on hold (since they lost my original invoice), they make me send a new invoice to three different reps until one finally decided to "Return to Shipper".

After talking to the receptionist at work and the guys in receiving to keep a look out for the package, they instead sent it to my bosses boss who opened it and then called the Police since she deemed it to be a mysterious and malicious package and kept the package in custody.

I went to try and explain the situation to my bosses boss and once she saw me you could tell she was not pleased. She told me that we shouldn't speak about it because the issue will become more escalated than it already is and that HR is taking over the problem.

I had to give a formal statement since she called my boss and my company and complained. After that statement, I was called to the executive boardrooms to talk to the Police officer.

After giving him a formal statement, giving my personal information (as this will now go onto a criminal record for possible malicious malcontent), and naming off the contents of the package, I had to open the package (since I had to prove nothing bad was in it).

Afterwards, I had to listen to him lecture me about the contents of the package and how I shouldn't send packages to people I don't know, how next time I should keep everything in the envelope and how he would rather go where the crime is instead of a "kid" horsing around.

I still have to make a formal apology to my bosses and everyone else involved tomorrow.

The poor package:

Envelope with TARDIS Police Box and (hard to see) Firefly ship on top.

Front of envelope with many quotations.

Back of envelope with stickers and "Beware of..." stickers.

What the police officer said was the reason he was called in was the envelope where I wrote quotes from Firefly ("I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you") and other quotes and on the seal wrote "beware there be spoilers inside" on it and that's why they called him.

Also, my boss asked why there was a Police Box drawn on the front. I had to explain Doctor Who to them but (thankfully) the police officer explained that it's his time traveling space ship.

At least the Police officer had some humor. It was very dry, but it was humor nonetheless.

Now I will send it via a different courier and hopefully get it there as soon as possible.

Sorry, Zzdia. I wanted you to get everything asap but the heavens intervened. It'll be on it's way shortly!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011 02:48:08 PM by VanGo87 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Olives, Not Chocolate.
My Tumblr
Pinterest

CURRENTLY ON HIATUS.
jcorn

Don't bring your crazy here. We're all stocked up.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #313 on: June 08, 2011 04:34:36 PM »

All I can say is "HOLY CRAP!" 

Wish I could say 'don't the police have anything better to do?' but I could also envision this kind of a cluster occurring where I live. . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Boycott haters.

http://www.wists.com/jcorn - my wist-y ideas
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #314 on: June 08, 2011 04:39:03 PM »

OMG I am completely flabbergasted by your story! It sounds like a horrible dream that couldn't possibly be true! I can't believe an innocent swap package turned into a criminal record! So sorry for your distress, that is such bad luck! Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
ivoryh1632
« Reply #315 on: June 08, 2011 08:05:30 PM »

What the bleepity bleep bleep?Huh? On top of the fact that the police should have better things to do.......Even if they thought the writing on the outside made it a terrorist package, they opened it up right? how is a bunch of crafted items terrorist stuff? Don't the police have all those gadgets and labs and stuff to tell if something is hazardous or not?

This is so freaking crazy. My deepest sympathies go out to you and I hope none of this ever gets blown out of proportion on any future background checks you may have to get for a job or something.

But I am going to have to relay your story to someone from the doctor who swap that's going on right now/just ended. One of the girls was worried that her package was going to be mistaken for a terrorist package because she had all kinds of DW quotes on the outside including a bunch of stuff about the Shadow Proclomation.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #316 on: June 08, 2011 11:03:13 PM »

I received a super cool package of ART from zzdia today and it is all FAB!!  The pics are not as good as I would like as I could not get on to picnik to edit them as I would normally

Firstly, this uber cool tentacle pic.  It's painted on fuzzy black velvet paper.  How cool is that??

Then, there is a set of 6...yes SIX, adorable skully animals.  I'm not going to attempt to try to pick a favo, as they are all so wicked.

Now, she claimed me for some wall art, which the above clearly covers, so I was delighted to pull this stunning extra out of the envelope....

Not only did I get wall art, I got torso art!!  Feast your eyes upon my new favo T shirt!
She included 2 bricks of Premo poly clay, which I'm sure will come in handy at some point.

Thanks so much zzdia!  I love everything  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #317 on: June 08, 2011 11:04:58 PM »

OMG VanGo!  That is the most horrifying The Postal System Is Messed Up Story ever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
amber.hope
« Reply #318 on: June 08, 2011 11:12:24 PM »

Your art looks so awesome! I can't wait to see what Kiwi-Chickie comes up with for my cupcake art! And I am so sorry to hear about the c*?$ you've been dealing with VanGo that's so horrible  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ivoryh1632
« Reply #319 on: June 09, 2011 03:07:42 AM »

That art is awsome and I love the shirt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 39 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Photograph Kids
How to Photograph Objects
How to Photograph a Sequence
How to Use Window Light in Photography
How to Take Photos Indoors
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...