A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
649 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing ATC Swap - May, 2011  (Read 9676 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: April 30, 2011 06:56:06 PM »

show your goodies here!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011 10:55:45 AM by redstar13 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AmandaBL
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011 02:55:13 PM »

I'm excited to be the first poster in the gallery this month! This ATC is Gozer's first ATC ever and it is so pretty.  She wanted to make sure she did it right.  I'll let you guys be the judge of that.  ;-)  I wish I could show off the finish which is part matte & part gloss and the shimmer of the inks, but I can't so just trust me that the depth and texture of it is just amazing.  I want to know what products you used in making it, Gozer, and if you can't already tell, I love her.  Welcome to the very addicting ATC swap!

Her name is Brooke & she is hand drawn/painted.  Gozer, if you have a better picture or scan feel free to post in :-D
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gozer
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

If only Mogwai were real... at least we have Bigfoot

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011 05:49:09 PM »

You are going to laugh when I tell you how I made her because it's so simple. I lost all of my Prismacolor pencils and markers so I had to use Crayola. After I drew her and colored her in I felt like she was lacking depth so I coated her with Mod Podge (both ways for texture) let that dry, then painted over her with water colors. I thought the effect came off nicely.
 Thank you so mcuh for the kind words and I am so relieved I did it right! I had a lot of fun making my first batch. I have a busy week ahead so I will get back to claiming and building my collection soon.  : )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

miknessevie
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011 10:22:05 PM »

I can't wait to get mine from gozer!  I have never made an atc before now so I am learning as I go. Love your technique gozer!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you'd like to swap for some good clean fun, pm me!  I make cold processed goats milk soap and shampoo bars.

www.wists.com/miknessevie
zkatom
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011 05:10:09 AM »

I received an awesome ATC from blupaisan for my puns theme!  Puns always make me smile.  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
miknessevie
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011 01:09:45 PM »

I received some wonderful atc's from AmandaBL today! These are so right on!  Great job. We did a personal swap on top of the first atc.  I LOVE mine.  They are so well done.  These are the first I have ever received and I wish I would have gotten mine before I sent the ones I made out.  Oh well... it will be a learning thing for me.  This is the first time I have ever made the atc's.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you'd like to swap for some good clean fun, pm me!  I make cold processed goats milk soap and shampoo bars.

www.wists.com/miknessevie
gozer

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011 01:52:53 PM »

Those are all great. I especially love the one with the dress form.
 And I know what you mean about just starting and and being unsure of what you sent. I am the same way. I think my style may be different from what is normally done. I draw more and am very unsure of embellishments. Others can put them on and they look awesome. I put them on and they look, well, like I just stuck them on. It's a learning process for us all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AmandaBL
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011 03:16:42 PM »

That's why it's fun to swap!  I can make myself tons of mixed media, but some of my favorite cards are "simple" in that the texture changes are delicate and they are a single image, but the intricate work in the drawing/painting speaks for it's self.  It's good to see what everyone makes and how they interpert your themes, but I have to say I am really enjoying my "artist's choice" theme.  You guys are knocking my socks of.  Speaking of which....

Zkatom made me this awesome mixed media beauty.  She isn't sure what the schematic is for, but I agree with her that the bits & pieces go well together!  The blue & green (Earth, right?) is painted over the schematic.  I love it!

And this is a really amazing 3D number from Bluespain.  It is actual birch bark housing that adorable little guy.  You kind of have to touch it to really appreciate it, but It is my 6 year old's favorite card I have now (& he has quite a few he's partial to!)   I was NOT expecting bark on an ATC.  I've used smooth crafting wood bits before, but that doesn't compare in depth texture and plain old WOW Factor.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011 08:44:32 AM by AmandaBL » THIS ROCKS   Logged
gozer

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2011 06:19:12 PM »

These are absolutely beautiful. Great job, amazing texture! I would have never, never thought about bark!

Today I received my first two ATC's!
 The first is from miknessevie. The theme was "ladies in different seasons"

The second is from blupaisan. The theme was "Cryptozoology"

I love them both. They are so fun and amazing. What a great way to start my collection!
 Thank you both.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011 06:48:26 PM by gozer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kwality570

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011 08:01:08 AM »

Every single one of these posted so far is fantastic!  I love the tree bark idea.  I wouldn't have thought of it even if I had tripped over it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Cushion Covers
How to Create Bed Valance
How to Darken a Room Using Curtains
How to Make Your Own Insulated Curtains
How to Make a Long Stitch
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...