A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,487
Currently Running With Scissors:
403 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A year's worth of clothes :> (pic heavy!)  (Read 4501 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Scribblers Scabs
« on: April 30, 2011 11:25:17 AM »

Goodness, it's been a while since I've posted anything. I've got a wonderful compilation of the work I've done this semester for Y'all.

Firstly, here we've got this lovely skirt. The weather made it to 50 degrees one day in march, and I felt that I needed a short skirt for this. So I made this from an old T-shirt, upcycled fabric from a dress-thing from the thrift store, some lace stuff off a bolt I got at the Salvation Army, and that gorgeous duponi silk print, which was a christmas gift.

Nextly, I made these capri/shorts/pants for concerts. They pockets are tight at the top, and loose at the bottom, and hold everything I might need while there. They're also badass Tongue

Here's the giant-ass patchwork skirt I made for my tailoring class. We made coats, and needed skirts to go with them for the runway. My teacher told me to do an A-line skirt. I blatantly told her no, and then didn't sleep for two nights. It was worth it.

And here it is on the runway! Unfortunately no one got a good picture of the coat, which I also made, but what can you do?

These pants are my babies. I've wanted them for so friggin long, and now they're done! I unfortunately only have runway pictures, but you still get the idea. The jacket was supposed to be closed, and has a notched collar that can fold up and fits together like puzzle pieces. I guess the model was in a rush or something, 'cause she didn't do any of that. :<

This is my non-textile project. Made from fake flower petals stitched together, and a plastic bag skirt. Closes with velcro in the back. There are holes in my fingertips thanks to this dress.

And last but not least, here's my sexy-stormtrooper cosplay-thing from AB. I made the corset and the leggings.  A friend gave me the costume, but funny thing, 5 feet exactly is a bit short to be a storm trooper, so I made my own armour and made do with what I had.

Back view, kinda, and leggings.

Here's my other for AB. I know it doesn't really belong in here, but throwing everything in the same thread is so much easier than having to make a new topic. I'm Poison Ivy, on the right. The top is a corset which laces in the back, the bottom, some variation of booty shorts. I tried to stay as true to the original costume as I could, but there was no way in hell I was going to go in public in lycra. Besides, corsets are so much classier. It's made from some velvety material that my mom got for me at salvation army. :>

THIS ROCKS   Logged
queenorivers
That's Sew Lauren

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011 01:08:09 PM »

I love your style, it's like urban boho/punk/floaty awesomeness, really really want everything you've made, the flag pants and the rainbow skirt being my favourite!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

faerybird
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011 05:22:47 PM »

They're all wonderful.  I especially love the first skirt.  Ruffles and interesting combination of fabrics and textures make me happy.  Also, that is the coolest Stormtrooper outfit ever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my pretty little blog: http://faerybird.blogspot.com/
crazy4pearls
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011 05:41:11 PM »

Really great job.  I love the colorfulness of the first skirt.  I would so wear that everywhere if I owned it. Lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Scribblers Scabs
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011 01:49:31 PM »

Thank you guys! I'm a little bit of a color fiend, so I try to find a way to work it into whatever I make (Stormtrooper costume the obvious exception). I think it makes the world a much happier place :>
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teaanddinosaurs
tea drinker & dinosaur lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011 09:52:00 AM »

those tartan shorts are AWESOME
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Science knows it doesn't know everything... or it would stop.
diannaleigh
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011 11:28:17 AM »

I love it all! Smiley The purple coat and the skirt are my faves though! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moosecafejf

IT'S SO FLUFFY!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2011 02:43:02 PM »

Everything's so fun, but I especially love the tartan capris.  What a great idea to have the bottom bigger.  And the collar of that jacket thing sounds super cool.  You know what else is super cool?  You go to School for this.  That's AWESOME.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flyingpigs24

squirrel is my favourite word

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011 10:47:26 AM »

All of this is great! I wish i had enough fabric to make something cool right now but even with all my scraps put together I'd only have about a yard Sad
Amazikng job on everything though, I love it!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you stare into the abyss the abyss stares back at you.
― Friedrich Nietzsche

tickle me burgundy.

Pinterest! http://pinterest.com/CRAYONSx/
leather and lace

I'm too 'XC' for my spikes!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011 02:46:15 PM »

all of these are totally AWESOME. I especially like the plaid pants and the flag pants. I'd love to see the puzzle-jacket how its supposed to be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2013 2/50
2013 Art Journal-along

LV Charlotte Bee Marie's Blog: http://little-rabbit-on-the-prairie.blogspot.com/

Little Visitors Swap
Superhero & Comic Fan Swap
Fabric Printing Swap
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rey-Hanna Vakili on Denim Fashion
Jane Herman Bishop on Denim Jeans
5 Clever Ways to Remove Gum From Your Clothing
Style Sound-Off: Jaimie Alexander, Stacy Keibler, Nicole Richie
Justin Timberlake Performs in Custom Tom Ford
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...