A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
512 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 102
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap 70-73 Discussion thread ONLY!  (Read 37715 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

This Shall Be For Music

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #520 on: June 22, 2011 10:00:48 AM »

I would love to get a kiln...but I don't think I'll be getting one in this lifetime.  I am still waiting on my Holga lens to arrive.  I can't wait to play with that!

Hey, if any of you are over 30 please check out the Geezer Swap 4.  I posted in the New Swap Ideas section to see if there was any interest.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
quaggy

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #521 on: June 22, 2011 03:24:00 PM »

I just sold a large paragon kiln about a year ago, plus approx 600 or so molds.  (I use to work for a ceramic wholesaler) I will eventually buy a smaller one.  This one could hold approx 4 to 5 canister sets.  Way to large for what I was doing the last several years.  I have the wiring, insulated room etc just a lot of ceramic bisque sitting on shelves that needs to be painted. 

Loving all the stuff that has been showing up in the gallery!  Not much crafting time here but hope to find more time in the next week or so.  Will try to claim even if it is just for a supply package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #522 on: June 22, 2011 04:01:18 PM »

Thanks for the congrats guys!  I went and signed, so I guess Ryan and I are kind of homeowners now....I was seriously shaking the whole time LOL!

I love the idea of a spoon rest from a bottle!  I pinned these awesome glasses that were made out of wine bottles.  No clue how they are made but they are so freaking cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jemimah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #523 on: June 22, 2011 04:24:22 PM »

Yay Lindy!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Maurer
« Reply #524 on: June 22, 2011 05:06:18 PM »

So get this ladies! I went to the post office today to mail something out (as I am frequently known to do) and I get there...and it's baricaded off with police tape and there are news trucks across the street and a giant dumpster by the front door. What the heck is going on??

Turns out an 89 year old woman drove her car through the building today around noon. Shocked Holy crap!! She drove through the doors, took out the APC (hey, I use that APC all the time!!) through door leading through the back and came to a halt when she hit the back wall. Thankfully no one was hurt.

Welcome to Florida! Goodness gracious. This isn't exactly the first time an old person has run through a building before here either. And yet it's discrimination that people want to change the law to permit yearly tests for competency in driving; us youngsters are just discriminating against the elderly. Roll Eyes Has nothing to do with public safety or anything!! Do you know here in Florida, you can be 89 years old and MAIL IN your renewal for your driver's license and they just send you another one good for EIGHT YEARS? This is why 89 year olds are taking out my post office. Poor, poor post office. Cry

On saturday I drove home and in front of my house is a fire hydrant.  Well, I drove up and a car was on top of the fire hydrant.  I recognized the car as my 90 year old neighbor's car.  She was not there.  Just a car on a fire hydrant.  She called her 75 year old friend who drove up and he was going to figure out how to get it off on his own.  (he didnt want any cops coming).  I ended up calling the police just so the fire department would come and make sure the hydrant was not damaged.  Anyhow, lo and behold my 90 year old neighbor drove right by me today.  I can't believe the police didnt do anything.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #525 on: June 22, 2011 05:27:27 PM »

I've been resisting replying to this because thinking about it still makes me so sad.  I lost one of my dearest friends (we went to grade/middle/high school together) to an 80+ old man who was still driving despite having Alzheimer's.  The man drove down a onramp and killed my friend instantly.  He was 20.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #526 on: June 22, 2011 06:19:22 PM »

I've been resisting replying to this because thinking about it still makes me so sad.  I lost one of my dearest friends (we went to grade/middle/high school together) to an 80+ old man who was still driving despite having Alzheimer's.  The man drove down a onramp and killed my friend instantly.  He was 20.

That is so sad.  Im so sorry that happend.  With that said though I think the main thing that we can all agree on, is that no matter what age a person is they shouldn't be driving if they have medical conditions that can hinder their driving.  Its not safe for them or for the innocent people that could be hurt/killed by someone who just isn't capeable of operating a vehicle safely.  I mean no disrespect to anyone who has health issues.  But for instance atsuko mentioned the man had alzheimers and that clearly should of been a good excuse for him to not be allowed to drive.  I have a relative who has epilpsy (spelling?).  I know for awhile she was driving and she showed her daughter what to do if they were driving and she had a seizer.  Clearly, if that could happen, I think that should of been a red flag for her not to have a license as well.

But to stay on topic, Im not signed up for round 71 and although im busy crafting gifts for my family I miss crafting for all you lovely ladies and I miss receiving craft packages in the mail!  Its lame when all thats in my mailbox is bills.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
J_Kieviet

« Reply #527 on: June 22, 2011 08:46:13 PM »

Sounds like the postal strike may be over next week Smiley  I'm finished the Aurora costume, have a few more bits (making it extra special cuz of the wait).  Haven't started the embroidery organizer yet, just haven't found a fabric I like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Mccalls 6337 sewing pattern, if you have a copy you'd be willing to share/give/sell please let me know.  The bag costs $60 and I think perhaps I could make it cheaper/
babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #528 on: June 23, 2011 06:08:13 AM »

I am so very sorry I totally understand how you feel as I have walked that path with you but with a cousin and her 2 children Sad but it is not an easy thing and that is so so sad. I am really sorry you are in pain! I am just wishing I were up there to take you out and get your mind off of the sadness ( soon however) if you want to talk you know where I am at. I am so so so very sorry your having go go through this. My love and prayers headed your way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #529 on: June 23, 2011 08:09:36 AM »

With that said though I think the main thing that we can all agree on, is that no matter what age a person is they shouldn't be driving if they have medical conditions that can hinder their driving.
Amen.

I am so very sorry I totally understand how you feel as I have walked that path with you but with a cousin and her 2 children Sad but it is not an easy thing and that is so so sad. I am really sorry you are in pain! I am just wishing I were up there to take you out and get your mind off of the sadness ( soon however) if you want to talk you know where I am at. I am so so so very sorry your having go go through this. My love and prayers headed your way!
Thanks Monica!  It was 20+ years ago, but because he died so young it seems all the more tragic. He had his whole life ahead of him, was a great person, brother, son, etc. and it was so unfair that his life was cut short.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live aloha
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 102 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Raw Food Spring Rolls
Filling Raw Spring Rolls
How to Make a Raw Red Thai Curry
Red Thai Curry Ingredients
Making the Thai Paste for Red Thai Curry
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...