A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,202
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 102
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap 70-73 Discussion thread ONLY!  (Read 42984 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #250 on: May 19, 2011 11:14:51 AM »

Some friends of ours have an EVIL sugar glider.  I don't know if they didn't handle it enough or what but it bites!!  It's the first one I have ever been in contact with that wasn't friendly.  I would totally get some for the kids and I except the start up for the habitat etc is a luxury I can't currenty justify....

We are moving right along on this home purchase though.  Seems like everything is happening so FAST!  I may be a homeowner by 06/22.  Maybe a new pet would be a good housewarming gift to myself Smiley 

They probably just didnt handle it enough and such.  I had a ferret a few years ago, she didnt bite, was very loveable.  But, Ive known lots of people who had ferrets that bite.  I think its basically like any pet though, you need to give it attention and teach it to not bite.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep. The great eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire, ash, and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume.......
bsonlytoots

B's Only Toots

« Reply #251 on: May 19, 2011 01:55:41 PM »

There is a lizard running loose in my house.  Not sure how he got in but it's creeping me out.  I like sugar gliders too!!  I am not so sure about the possum though......
the praying mantis might be neat but I am not so sure about having to grow fruit flies to feed them....
I think I am rather squeamish about weird things!! I hate grasshoppers and live birds but don't mind snakes or spiders.  

Awww Lindy opossums are adorable Smiley Pet one once and you'd be hooked LOL

I think it's the tails.  The look like large rat tails!  I would name it poopsie the possum LOL No I am the worst pet namer ever!  Best names we had for a cats were swiper and Gus Gus.  Oh I had a Simba once too. So unoriginal....

I'm with Lindy on the tail thing ... ewwwie! We have LOTS of possums around here. You know the old saying "playing possum" as in "playing dead" cause when they get scared they act like they are dead so you leave them alone? Yea, not the ones around here, the open their mouths super wide and show their crazy pointy wicked teeth and hiss really loudly ... they scare they crap out of me. I assume though that if it was a little baby and I got to teach it to be a pet rather than a wild animal, it wouldn't be so bad.

ETA: Sugar Gliders = <3 <3 <3
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011 01:56:30 PM by bsonlytoots » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #252 on: May 19, 2011 03:52:53 PM »

I haven't disappeared, I swear. I've just had a migraine since last Friday. I can't seem to shake it. I also haven't shipped yet. Again, I understand if this affects my feedback. Totally my fault. Just wanted to let everyone know that I didn't flake out on anyone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #253 on: May 19, 2011 04:01:05 PM »

I haven't disappeared, I swear. I've just had a migraine since last Friday. I can't seem to shake it. I also haven't shipped yet. Again, I understand if this affects my feedback. Totally my fault. Just wanted to let everyone know that I didn't flake out on anyone.

I hope you feel better soon!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 19, 2011 04:16:46 PM »

I received today! - I feel so spoiled by A2K. Pictures are coming soon, just had to get on here first real fast to say how much i love the package i received.

This week has been a horrible roller coaster of sadness/gladness/gratefulness/wistfulness while mourning a passing and celebrating a wonderful life. I am overwhelmed by the support I have received from so many people here in the world of swappiness and amazed at the timing of packages i have received. There is nothing like a thoughtful package crafted specially for you to brighten saddened spirits.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #255 on: May 19, 2011 04:35:18 PM »

That little opposum is CUTE!!  Smiley

Grr, I am so mad right now.  Lana's praying mantis egg case is still not here.  GRR!!  I have the fruit flies going and I'm going to have to start another now.  GRR!  The science place said that there was a postage issue and they resent.  GRR!

fruit flies ? Praying Mantis egg case ?? What the heck are you doing Rox ? Mad experiments ? LOL
Nah, just wanted some bugs for Lana to watch.  We brought in fruit flies so the kids could do the bug stages: eggs, 1st, 2nd, 3rd instar larva, pupa, adult.  I got the idea for the praying mantis from the gals on the frugal thread.  And since the pm babies can eat fruit flies I thought this would be perfect.  The egg case finally came so in just a few short weeks we'll have baby pray mantises!  Smiley

Yay!  Glad to hear that the house thing is coming along well Lindy!!  EXCITING!

Kbauer, feel better soon.  Migraines are horrible.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

phoenixfiredesigns

~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #256 on: May 19, 2011 04:59:40 PM »

Ugh, I feel your pain. I've had migraines more then half my life. When I got my first one at age 16 I literally thought I was dying. Hope it breaks - and stays gone - soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
littlefawnpug

I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me!

« Reply #257 on: May 19, 2011 06:16:33 PM »

mcooks hooplas are done!  One is cross stitch and the other in embroidered.  And, I kinda had a brainstorm for an idea for her son too.  So, as an extra I made a special hoopla wall art for his room. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep. The great eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire, ash, and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonous fume.......
kriSmith
« Reply #258 on: May 19, 2011 08:26:43 PM »

Here is my new furry baby. She's a sweet little thing.
Sadie

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/krismith/

Would love to do personal swaps - collection items for my Duck's Unlimited women's raffle
jemimah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: May 19, 2011 08:33:41 PM »

Cute kitty!! Can I wist her? (shh don't tell the naughty big old moggy sleeping at my feet ...)

The baby possum is cute too!! I promise not to turn him into yarn. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 102 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make CD Crafts
How to Make Candy Cane Bath Salts
How to Make a Zombie Costume
How to Make a Scrapbook Cover
How to Make a Soda Bottle Rocket
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...