A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,724
Currently Running With Scissors:
505 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beginners inchie (& ATC) swap r2 - Finished  (Read 16679 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tynwia
Reduce, reuse, recycle it into something useful.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011 05:35:05 AM »

Sent in my questionnaire!! Excited to get partners and start on inchies!! I have never done an inchie or an ATC so this is my kick in the butt to try my hand at em. Not as nervous knowing that my partners haven't tried em or are just beginning too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/tynwia
I have a button addiction.......
Up for personal swaps Smiley
crazyalien8

Neverending sculptor.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011 07:54:21 AM »

Oooh! I'm so signing up for this! Just made my first inchies this past week for the matchbook swap and I definitely need to up my game since papercrafts are totally new to me.

*fills out questionnaire right now*  Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011 07:54:58 AM by crazyalien8 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MunLtStmpr
We're on craftster because we love to create. Why should we settle for what we currently are?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011 09:30:03 AM »

I can't wait to get started on my inchies.

Something that helps me when I'm making inchies or ATCs, I cut out a square/rectangle just a touch larger than an inchie/ATC (2 different objects!) out of a larger piece of cardboard and use that as a viewer to frame out pieces to cut for the inchie or ATC.

Have fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find joy in creating and helping others create not just jewelry and crafts but best of all, the life they want.
MyPins
MyArt
Life & Creativity Coaching
YumJello01

Cats make for furry crafts

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011 12:04:08 PM »

The first round I used pre-cut ATCs, bristol board I think, and cut my 1" square punch inchies out of that.  I find that punch to be INVALUABLE when it came to inchie making.  They're usually about $10, but with a good 40-50% off coupon......worth it. 

I used fabric for bases for other ones, too...it does just depend on what your partner plans to do with them, if they need to be framed, otherwise 3-d is cool too!

I thought inchies would be hard, but honestly I'm more scared for the ATC!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for book page paper flowers for my sister's wedding!  Will do personal swaps/swaps for supplies (available listed here) Thanks!

http://pinterest.com/yumjello01/
Crafty Butterfly

Everythin's shiny Cap'n

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011 07:28:57 PM »

Yeah another inchie swap! I just finnished making my first inchies for the IMT Round 2. I can't draw worht a hoot but I like cutting bits out and glueing them together to make something cool. Adding buttosn is fun and I'll take any excuse to add a pair of googly eyes. Smiley   

I tend to use paint samples as backgrounds. They are free and available in a wide range of colors and sometimes textures.   If you don't happen to have colored cardstock around you could also just decorate normal paper and then glue it onto a cut out from a cardboard box of some sort.

Sign ups for this close right around the time I have send outs for two other swaps so that works out perfectly for me Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

efine
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2011 07:46:02 PM »

These look like so much fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jmiller614
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011 01:08:23 AM »

Wow, paint samples are a clever idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nilmerg

I'm inspired by all your posts to craft some more

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011 02:58:44 AM »

Ok, finally caught up with the sign ups. There is so much virtual paper work involved in organising a swap! But I love that every time I log into craftster I have mail!!!!

I really like the idea of using paint samples. Might have to take a trip to the hardware tomorrow! I might make a few inchies for myself before sign ups end.

The first round I used pre-cut ATCs, bristol board I think, and cut my 1" square punch inchies out of that.  I find that punch to be INVALUABLE when it came to inchie making.  They're usually about $10, but with a good 40-50% off coupon......worth it. 

I want an inchie punch  Sad mmmm since the AU$ is so strong at the moment, I think I may head over to US ebay or a craft shop, see how much it would cost to ship on over! I just use scisors and a Ruler to cut my inchies, ah well, it works!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blackabbey
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2011 06:42:08 AM »

Ooh, never made inchies before, think I will give this one a go!

A friend has asked me to cut out inchie squares for her before, and I found the easiest method to do a heap at once is to use a gilloutine or photo cutter. They are generally marked with one inch segments. Makes life so easy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2011 02:41:30 PM »

I have 2 1-inch punches that I got at www.stampington.com. That is the shopping site for all of the Somerset magazines. One doesn't work so well so I am glad I have two. And I agree - they are invaluable for inchie-making on a grand scale.

And I got my tax refund yesterday (yahoo!) so I splurged on some fancy paper yesterday at the art supply store.

For ATC's, you can use playing cards and cover them. Or use them to trace on cereal boxes or other thin card board. This swap is great because you really don't need to buy anything.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011 02:42:10 PM by Smmarrt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - Done
Altered Puzzle Pieces - Done
Ninni Swap in mid September
Fall Dotee Swap -Visit the gallery!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Apple Dumpling
How to make a Shrimp and Scallop Country Casserole
How to make Hickory Smoked Chicken
How to make Crab Cakes
How to make Chocolate Turtle Pie
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...