A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,740
Currently Running With Scissors:
595 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Another feedback ??? - can it be updated later?  (Read 702 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

A2JC4life
« on: April 28, 2011 03:50:34 PM »

I have a first-time swapper.  Once her package is received, I would like to get her feedback ASAP so she is able to participate in other swaps.  But if I do that, will I be able to update her feedback with comments on, for instance, posting of pictures when she received later?  Or is it better to just not give feedback until later?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011 09:42:06 AM »

Yep! If you give someone positive you can always go back and change the comments later. You just do it normally and it will overwrite what was previously there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011 10:01:44 AM »

Awesome; thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kimchery
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011 11:37:17 AM »

I have heard feedback can be altered later, but I have to comment and ask a question about the initial post...  I thought feedback can't be changed at all with regards to posting pictures of items received?  I read that somewhere on this board, I thought...  I think it is a bit unfair, but that is the rule, isn't it?  If not, I have been in numerous swaps with numerous partners who haven't posted pictures of what was sent to them.  They did PM and say they loved everything, but apparently it just didn't seem important enough.  In one swap, I worked really hard to send great packages to my partners and not a one of them posted pictures of what was sent to them. 

Everything regarding pictures is really unclear.  On almost every swap I've joined it was required that pictures be posted, or you let your partner know if there is some kind of problem, so they may take a picture to post before they send.  But, the rules are, no negative comments if a package was sent, period.  So why bother even saying it is required?  Its been confusing for me, and at one point I considered dropping swaps altogether because I was burned in that sense.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThreadOrYarn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011 11:52:13 AM »

I think that meant that comments to feedback can be changed - so a positive with no comments (because the package was sent) can be changed to a positive with a "didn't post pics" comment later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011 12:41:08 PM »

Right, you get a positive if you send your package and it fulfills the size requirements. Everything else is dealt with in the comments and those comments can be updated at any time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011 01:07:49 PM »

I think that meant that comments to feedback can be changed - so a positive with no comments (because the package was sent) can be changed to a positive with a "didn't post pics" comment later.

Right.  Or to a positive with "posted pics quickly," or whatever. Smiley  (Don't want to imply that comments would necessarily be negative. Just wondered if comments could be added/altered later, period.  Which, apparently, they can.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kimchery
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011 01:50:34 PM »

AHHH, I see.  Thank you for clarifying that.  I had assumed that any 'negative' comments with the exception of sending late, were frowned upon, because I have never seen them before.  I haven't ever organized, but that is something that I look for, and I would like to be able to comment on that.  I have no qualms about negativity, if pics were posted late,... life happens, at least pics were posted at all.  I am not even as busy as most, but half the time I have to wait a few days before I get a chance for pics.  If pics weren't posted at all, and it has been quite a while, I would like the option to follow up on that and see why not.  If people just don't want to, and it was a requirement as it is most of the time,... I would like to make note of that.

Boy, does that just sound mean?  I understand it probably isn't followed up on most of the time because its time consuming to go back and worry about after the swap is over and feedback is posted.  But I would hate to have someone who participated in a swap I hosted get overlooked.  Ha, maybe that's why I'm too wimpy to organize a swap yet.  I have a certain way I say I would like to do things, and maybe when all is said and done, it is just so much work that I wouldn't want to bother.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Miracle Berry Diet Cookbook by Homaro Cantu
Why Author Ann Patchett Loves "The Twelve Tribes of Hattie"
Step Inside The Carriage House With Author Louisa Hall
Dr. Mike Moreno on Why Moving Is So Important
Tracy Guzeman on Her Debut Novel, The Gravity of Birds
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...