A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,238
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Part One of my dog's Costume  (Read 645 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jinx`

Crocheting to relax

View Profile WWW
« on: April 27, 2011 11:39:26 PM »

So my local Humane Society is putting on a Strutt your Mutt this May and I'm making my victorian bulldog a costume for it.  She is gonna be Carmen Miranda, the Chicita Banana lady from Brazil.  So part one, the easiest, was the headband fruit bowl thing to me.  So I went to ravelry and found a fruit pattern group thing but sadly, the fruit had to be smaller than what was used so I had to kinda just rig it as I went along to make is smaller.  I've been making lots of Amigurumi lately so it turn out awesome.  Im using encore yarn for the headband and bowl so that it would feel better on her head.  Im gonna make a bikini top and ruffled skirt next for her, once I get pretty/soft yarn at my local yarn store!  
http://i609.photobucket.com/albums/tt171/RazyCal/Phone%20Pictures/IMG_20110427_203254.jpg

Her head is 19 inches but I figured out the yarn stretches so I am gonna make all the other items smaller so they will fit her better. I'm very excited about how it will turn out.  My yarn store puts on a ditch and stitch and we have a yarn bombing project coming up soon as well as some other things I'm making, like a catgirl doll for a friend!  Busy busy busy! But I love to crochet and I can tell I'm getting better! Cheesy Woot! So lemme know what you think of my beautiful Belladonna's costume, part one!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013 12:48:00 PM by spikefan - Reason: changed non-working images to links » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deviant ID: hmax17
Ravelry: hmax17
My Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/HmaxsCrochetGoodies
Am a huge Doctor Who fan, as most of my crafting shows!
hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011 12:25:08 AM »

SO dang cute! please please post pictures of her in the finished costume!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkDaisy
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011 12:49:42 AM »

OH MY GOODNESS! SO CUTE!  Grin Excuse my minor outburst... I just love Bulldogs.  I've got an English Bulldog.   Tongue

The headband turned out really cute! I'm sure the entire costume is going to be amazing.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Jewelry/Plus Size Clothing Etsy:  http://etsy.com/shop/alibuttonsdesigns

My fatshion blog: http://alibuttons.blogspot.com/
whatthepuck
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011 05:07:42 AM »

Cute dog. Cute idea. Cute fruit. Please post pictures of the finished costume. I'm sure it's going to be the cutest dog costume ever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Oct ATC 2/0/0
Secret Santa
4x6 Art
Little Visitor

Anyone interested in a Secret Santa Swap
TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011 10:10:33 AM »

How cute!  I love your Carmen Miranda idea!  Question: Will her bikini top have covering for 2 breasts or all her "breasts"?   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jinx`

Crocheting to relax

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011 12:40:20 PM »

Thank you guys so much! I did think of maybe having her bikini top cover all her "teets" but then that would take up most of her body because she had a litter before I got her....haha Belladonna is a victorian bulldog, it is a breed of bulldog bred to look like the original english but have none of the medical genetic issues.  They are taller with smaller heads but the same gentle demeanor.  I love my baby.  In her first year, she was abused by her first owner (who paid $3000 for her) I have surmised that she was bought to be some kind of puppy mill mother.  She is a full blooded bulldog and I think she had 1-2 litters in her first year.  After that first year, she was rescued by a family who kept her until last February when there was an issue involving a goat. (Bella got in the goat pin and was playing with a baby goat.  The mother goat thought she was hurting it and attacked her.  Bella...killed the mother goat.) She was brought to my aunt who wanted to keep her but had to get my uncle to sign off on it.  He didn't and in the time I was there, Bella and I fell in love.  Shes my baby and sleeps with me every night.  She is also already a diva and spoiled brat as well.  I love my baby and would do anything for her, including making fun costumes! I will definitely post more pictures as I get it done.  I have the bikini's pattern thought out in my head but I need to find a ruffled skirt pattern and then somehow develop it into her size...Woot! hehehe So wish me luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deviant ID: hmax17
Ravelry: hmax17
My Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/HmaxsCrochetGoodies
Am a huge Doctor Who fan, as most of my crafting shows!
TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011 01:31:50 PM »

Ah ha!  I'm so glad she found you to give her a forever home!  I think a standard bikini top would make it more obvious who she is anyway, but there's just something funny about applying "modesty" to our pets' costumes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NotKnit

My best works.

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011 02:16:48 PM »

My suggestions for the skirt are look for a little girl/baby ruffle skirt pattern or just wing it with a single crochet skirt and make rows of shell stitches on the surface to make ruffles (make sense?). Good for you rescuing the sweetie and for supporting your local Humane Society.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Pumpkin Hand and Foot Scrub Recipe
How to Style an Easy Party Look
1938 Hollywood Eyebrows Makeup Tutorial
Why Hannah Bronfman Carries Bath Salts in Her Bag
Ice Queen Halloween Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner
Monsters, Monsters Everywhere

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...