A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 301,540
Currently Running With Scissors:
635 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dreamcatcher-opinions needed  (Read 913 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nicoleburdsall

Happiness isn't good enough. I DEMAND EUPHORIA.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: April 26, 2011 11:54:18 PM »

Alright, before I ask my questions, here's the dream catcher I just made! It's maroon and brown floss wrapped around a hoop with brown floss used as the webbing. It also has purple beads throughout it and the center part has 2 purple, 1 off white and 1 leaf bead. The colors didn't come out spectacular in these pictures, so I though I would clarify in advance.

My questions: Should I add little dangling leaf charms through the webbing or should I hang something from the bottom? Or both or neither? I like it as is, but looking at it I just can't decide if I want to add more to it.

Thanks for looking  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every single person has a secret that would break your heart. If we could just remember this, I think there would be a lot more compassion in the world."

50 things in 2012: List 6/50 Completed

Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/nicoleburdsall
Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011 02:17:37 AM »

I like it just how it is. Not having anything on the bottom makes it much more flexible about where you put it in a house. Thinking about it, if you put it somewhere outside that is really breezy you may need a weight at the bottom.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
MoonlitSun
Never stop believing. Stars never do.

We all need a little magic in our lives.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011 07:04:52 AM »

I'd suggest you add something like purple feathers on the sides, or brown feathers and 1 or 2 of those purple beads!
Anyway, It should be as you want it to be! Its always better when we like what we see Cheesy =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a CHOCAHOLIC! Dare eat chocolate in front of me! xD
My Pinterest ^_^

Yay for personal swaps! Message me anytime ^_^
Currently looking for aida cloths! 14 or 20 count, or anything you can part with!
DeathToLems
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011 07:18:57 AM »

i like it as it is. every home crafted dream catcher should be how the person made it wanted it to be. if this is your idea and this is the outcome. i wouldn't change a thing.
it looks perfect. i have never seen one like this, which makes it pretty unique.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kitsune-Tearz
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011 07:37:39 AM »

I'm a big fan of having things hang down from my dream catchers, but once in a while, you make a dreamcatcher that doesn't need one,
that being said, if this is how you like it, then keep it that way, if not you could use strings of what you used to wrap it, and add feathers in either brown or purple or even maroon onto that, there are tons of ideas out there, you'll know it when you see it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gaia3441
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011 08:07:27 PM »

Amazing work, I love the dreamcatcher just how it is - all of the dream catchers I have seen always have the feathers hanging down underneath.  The  decision on what to do is yours, only you know how it looks in the space and if it seems to be missing something, if not leave it the way it is, its perfect.  If it still needs something add feathers.  Then step back look and evaluate.  Great job.

Kat
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Kat
DaisyTattoo
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011 09:43:12 PM »

I think some feathers hanging from the bottom would look great. Perhaps with some leather wrapping them and hanging as well. But your vision is what matters. I agree with trying different things and seeing what looks best to you. You could always try just drawing it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alienfreakSD

I love experimenting with new beads-

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011 11:41:54 AM »

I remember making a dream catcher in Elementary School!  My parents still have it too!

I personally prefer to have something hanging on the bottom but since you already have something hanging from the middle, I think it looks great just the way it is.

The webbing looks really good too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair How To: Structured Chignon
Rock Out With Cotton Candy-Colored Hair This Summer
Hairapy Ep 105: Jennifer
How to Get a Red Carpet Ready Hairdo
Hair How to: Top Knot Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...