A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,912
Currently Running With Scissors:
317 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A year and a half of amigurumi *pic heavy*  (Read 2842 times)
Tags for this thread: kingdom_hearts , video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Drossy
« on: April 26, 2011 09:06:26 PM »

Hi! I've been posting around a little now, but never properly introduced myself (or my projects). I started crocheting at the beginning of 2009, and discovered amigurumi around April of that year. I started free-handing my projects around that October, and haven't looked back since.  Grin Here are some of the things that I'm most proud of.

This is my very first free-handed project! And although I really want to remake a better one, I still love him and get compliments when I take him to conventions. His name is Burupya, and he's the head-pet from the manga/anime 07-GHOST.

I made this for my dad's birthday in January 2010 because he loves bald eagles. I'm in the process of making another eagle, this time a bit more realistic (and about double the size of this one).

I made this fennec fox for my friend's birthday at the end of March last year (And she forbade me from making her something for this year until she can repay me. XD)

This one is one of my favorites! (As can be seen by his appearance in my avatar Cheesy) He's also the last amigurumi that I crocheted using continuous rounds. With few exceptions, everything I make now is done in joined rounds. Anyway, this is a Kitty Kat, one of the monsters you can get in the video game Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

I made this guy sometime in the fall last year. He's three feet long and slightly posable. He's also a Dragonair, the first of many Pokemon I hope to make.

This was my second attempt at making a human doll. I made it for a Secret Santa on deviantART, and he's supposed to be the original character of the girl I got. I tried shaping the face to make it seem more realistic, but it ended up looking like an alien head.  Undecided

I actually started this doll way before the Secret Santa doll, and he's been mostly finished since last May. He just sat, bald, on my desk for nearly a year because I wasn't sure how to do the hair and I didn't want to mess it up. But when I had to do the Secret Santa, I was on a time crunch and just winged it. I liked the result, and used the same method on this doll. His name is Teito, and he's the main character of 07-GHOST (the same series that the pink bunny dragon thing is from).

And last but not least is a Shadow Heartless from the video game Kingdom Hearts. I made it for another friend's birthday, and he really liked it. So much, in fact, that he commissioned me to make a Sora doll (the main character from Kingdom Hearts)! And Sora should be done sometime in the next few weeks, so I'll post those pictures soon. Smiley

Everything here was made free hand without a pattern (but I did keep notes while making most of the Heartless, if anyone's interested). It's also all either crocheted or embroidered with acrylic yarn (with the occasional bit of embroidery floss), as I've given myself the challenge of "all yarn or go home!" Using felt, paint, or other materials is considered "cheating" in this challenge.   Wink (I allow embroidery floss though because technically you can still crochet with it.)

Thanks for looking! I hope you enjoyed my work. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SharaStar
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011 10:28:42 PM »

Oh my. out of all ur lovely collections i love the pink first one, the tiny toes and wings and sweet look on his face is so adorable!! Wish it was a written pattern though...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~With love Shara
♥♡♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♡♥
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://myskillsguide.blogspot.com/ = Free Patterns
http://sharastar.blogspot.com/ = Personal Mumbles
http://sharastar.deviantart.com/ = Arts
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011 12:17:00 AM »

Wow, you have mad shaping skills! I'm deeply in awe! All your creations are amazing, especially the humans and the Shadow. Seeing your stuff makes me love crochet even more!
This rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RaraAvis
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011 09:59:17 AM »

Wow amazing! They are all wonderful!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Drossy
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011 12:01:38 PM »

Thank you guys so much!  Grin Hearing comments like that is part of the reason why I love making amigurumi, lol.

And SharaStar, I'm planning on remaking Burupya (the pink winged bunny thing) in the next few months. I've gotten in the habit of keeping track of the pattern while I'm making things now, and I'd be happy to share the pattern with you when I'm done. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Malica
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011 06:20:46 AM »

Wow! I had to look up who the manga/anime characters were, but they're all super!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nena41686
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012 01:09:31 PM »

Please please please send me your patterns :-( I really like all your dolls and I wanted to make them for my little niece please you can send them to nena61202@yahoo.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
batmansocks117
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012 10:06:10 PM »

I love the Heartless you made! Now I want to make one, lol. One more project to add to my ever growing list of things I want to crochet =D

Great job on all of them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Write in a Beautiful Way
How to Draw a Ladybird
How to Select the Right Calligraphy Set
How to Create a Cartoon Rabbit
How to Create a Cartoon Duck
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...