A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 304,867
Currently Running With Scissors:
365 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Baby and Pregnant Mama Swap 2 (Gallery)  (Read 5415 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2011 06:13:34 PM »

I received a MOST lovely package from knittychick a couple of weeks ago, and I am terribly sorry to be JUST NOW uploading.  Please don't take it as a statement on how much I love and appreciate this package!  (Going on week 2 of sick kiddos.... YUCK.)  Every single item has so much thought, skill, consideration and time put into each one.... I truly, truly appreciate everything!  Now, onto my AWESOME package!!!

I'm planning to nurse our next little baby, and knittychick made me a fabulous nursing cover!  Using my favorite themes (sea critters, and NARWHALS!), plus my favorite colors (aqua, orange and green!), she made this reversible cover with pockets for necessities, or whatever!  It also has an adjustable neck strap, and boning in the neckline so I can keep an eye on baby.  I LOVE it!

Now this next item... I can't even begin to describe how awesome it is.  And I couldn't photograph it well, but I tried.  It's a swaddler that can also be used in the carseat/carrier! (I hope you can see the "legs" at the bottom!)  Genius!!  Also with the adorable sea creatures, favorite colors, and oh-so-soft minky lining!

A set of precious burp cloths, hand painted with our favorite characters!  (Almost too cute to use as burp cloths!)  Wink

And last but not least, she included a nursing-station caddy!  I SOOOO needed one of these!  It's the perfect size for burp cloths, diaper, wipes, water & snack for me, phone, etc. 

My sweet partner also included the left-over fabric, so I can craft more for little one... yay for fabric!  Thank you SO much, knittychick, for being such an awesomely thoughtful partner.  I really appreciate YOU, and I can't wait to use these goodies for our new baby!   Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kwiltykate
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2011 01:15:19 AM »

Here is the fantastic package from my partner
I received :
- A Baby outfit, with ruffle-butt pants
- Owl stuffie with crinkly wings!
- Painted canvas with Owl picture and an 'A' for Alana Wink
- and an Owl onesie!

A few pics of my goodies

The whole package!

Owl and Initial canvas!!

Baby outfit with ruffle-butts!!

Back of Owl stuffie - how cute is his little tail Tongue

Thanks so much nostrum for a great swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2011 05:30:35 AM »

Nostrum, did you use a pattern for those pants?  Was it hard?  I made a pair (not ruffled, just plain) from another pattern once before, and the leg holes were such a pain to hem.  It looks like maybe the lining in yours would simplify things?  They're so cute!  Love the art, too. Smiley  (I don't do art, so I'm always especially impressed by those who do. Smiley )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittychick
My cuddliest craft ever was completed April 22, 2010. Little man Micah Nolan! He's a happy little monkey!

I'm so crafty I make people!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2011 11:50:28 AM »

I have a picture of my little man in the nomad swaddle so I'll try to post a pic later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/knittychick

New Baby & Pregnant Moma Swap:

Doctor Who Round 3: crafting
knittychick
My cuddliest craft ever was completed April 22, 2010. Little man Micah Nolan! He's a happy little monkey!

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2011 07:20:03 PM »

I am trying to upload photo's of what I recieved from barbolot but I'm having a really difficult time uploading the pictures. I think my computer is a bit slow so I'll try again later tonight or tomorrow morning. I am so sorry I haven't gotten them up yet. I will get them up within the next 24 hours. I promise!!!! WE love everything though and we've already been getting lots and lots of use out of everything!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2011 08:01:31 AM »

I LOOOVE that little birdie outfit -- ruffles!  SO cute!  I love the whole owl-y package.  Smiley

I am trying to upload photo's of what I recieved from barbolot but I'm having a really difficult time uploading the pictures. I think my computer is a bit slow so I'll try again later tonight or tomorrow morning. I am so sorry I haven't gotten them up yet. I will get them up within the next 24 hours. I promise!!!! WE love everything though and we've already been getting lots and lots of use out of everything!!!

I'm so glad you like everything, knittychick!  I had such a great time crafting for you and your little ones.  Smiley  I do have some photos, but they aren't very good.... they were taken ~3 am as I was frantically trying to get your package wrapped and packed!  LOL!  But I can post them if you need me to.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittychick

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2011 05:10:40 PM »

Okay here are a few more photos of the swaddler I sent Barbolot. It's pretty cool, it's called a Baby Nomade and though the pattern is a little...different...once I got going it went quick. I'm looking forward to making another for my little one. They really are pretty cool. So here is the swaddler being tested by my son's Yeti stuffy (made by Spooky Pooky).

open to put baby in:

Closed and swaddled:

And here is my little bubba showing off how even swaddled you can play around in it!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittychick

« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2011 05:37:50 PM »

Okay, so I've been on vacation recently, first to San Diego, then to Arizona for my 10 year high school reunion. I received a week ago and just have not had the opportunity to post pictures of the amazing package that we received from Barbolot. I can't believe everything she sent! Most of which went with us on vacation and has already gotten a lot of use! I don't know where to start so I guess I'll start here.

When we first received we opened to find really pretty wrapped gifts. One for the family:

And one for the baby, one for mommy, and one for Micah:

Micah got to open his first and he LOVES it! It's an ABC book! Daddy and Mommy love teaching Micah about his ABC's and animals etc, and he loved this fabric book. What's even better is that barbolot did hand embroidery on each page and each animal so that it's a tactile book as well. Even my nieces loved it and they are 17 and 20!

Next mommy let Micah open the babies package. And inside was a awesome onesie and swaddle blanket for the baby. We love Big Bang Theory and barbolot stenciled our little girl a cute Bazinga! onesie! The swaddle has an adorable turtle embroidered on it.

For mommy, an ADORABLE clutch for paci's, tissues, bib's, etc. I LOVE it!!! It keeps every small item in one place so I don't have to dig like crazy through the diaper bag to find things. I know exactly where everything is!

And speaking of diaperbags take a look at this! How sweet you say, is this a cute 2 patterned diaper bag you ask? Something large with a nod to masculine and feminine?

No! No I tell you it is not!!! It is 1 extra large diaper bag that can be unsnapped to make 2 diaperbags!!! That's right I said it unsnaps! Oh yeah! This is so awesome I can not even begin to tell you how excited I was when I opened it! I took it to show my sister in law, who is also expecting #2 and she loved it as well. Now I have 1 huge bag with everything I need, but *snap* just like that I can separate them to drop off one kid and keep one with me and not have to worry about separating everythign in the bags, I just have one bag for each kid!

It's amaizing! And they hold SO MUCH!!!!! I mean really! Look at this! This is the bag all packed up to go to a BBQ and swim party at Aunt and Uncles house!

Thank you, thank you, thank you Barbolot!!!! I can not tell you how excited I am for everything you've sent! It's all amazing and We love it! I can't wait for our little one to be here to use the rest of it! You were and wonderful partner! Thank you again so, so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kwiltykate
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2011 09:07:46 PM »

WOW.. that separating diaper bag is amazing!! If I had two little ones I would so be after one of those Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkkittypiper
Bead Junkie

Can't cut a straight line to save my life...

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2011 05:53:15 AM »

Such beautiful items!  I especially love the separating diaper bag! I'd love one!  And they are the perfect gift for the friend or family who is having a second baby.  Barbolot you are a genius!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where the wild things are is where I am most at home!
Wanna do a personal swap? PM me!!!
My wists: http://www.wists.com/pinkkittypiper
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Whitney Port Shares Her Hair Secrets
Ponytail 2008 Spring Trend
Jason Wu Hairstyle Trend - Fall 2009 Hairstyle
How to Style a Chic Ponytails
Short Hair Spring Trends
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...