A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
547 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Baby and Pregnant Mama Swap 2 (Gallery)  (Read 4784 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jessicachantel
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2011 05:04:13 PM »

diaper pail powder?!?!?! I NEED THIS! how do I go about getting such a thing?! PS I am totally in awe of everything everyone has crafted!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2011 09:11:59 AM »

I received some diaper pail powder once, and I loved it.  But then I ran out, so I just used baking soda.  Wink  And then I got to thinking about how to make it, and wondered if I could just add essential oils to the powder.  So, I googled it.... and according to this recipe, that's how you do it!  LOL!  Here's a recipe I found.  Definitely going to try it once the little one arrives and I start CD'ing ~6 wks old.  (My toddler is almost potty-trained!  HOORAY!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2011 10:18:55 AM »

I thought that might be what this was, but hadn't seen it before.  (The pail deodorizers I used to buy are discontinued, and now you can only buy the icky chemically-smelling ones.  Tongue )

My package is finished and will probably go to the PO tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2011 10:21:59 AM »

I think that the sent/received info in the first post of this thread is up-to-date, so please let me know if you see an error.  Remember that sendouts are the day after tomorrow, and please also remember DC #'s!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vdbonnett
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2011 08:28:43 PM »

I received from jessicachantel today!! She did an AMAZING job!! Thank you so much Jessica!!

First up: A pale green onesie with an appliqued bunny (from my wists) with a matching bib and shoes!!

Another pair of baby shoes!! (SO adorable!!)

Winnie the Pooh bib w/ an appliqued Tigger onesie!! (I <3 this fabric!!!!)

Close-up of the Tigger onesie

Dr. Seuss onsie & two soft toys (one jingles) - my son tried to run away with these.

My son wearing his hooded frog towel! (He loves it)

Frog face!

Hooded Owl Towel for the baby.

And last but not definitely not least: A woodland creature baby quilt.  This is SO awesome!! She took images from my wist and turned them into appliques for this quilt!! Her first time quilting too - so awesome!

Thank you SO SO SO much Jessica!! You did an amazing job! I hope you enjoy your package as much as I love mine!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.wists.com/vdbonnett

My blog: ourminiatureadventu res.blogspot.com
miknessevie
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2011 09:27:44 AM »

wow love the forest animals!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you'd like to swap for some good clean fun, pm me!  I make cold processed goats milk soap and shampoo bars.

www.wists.com/miknessevie
mom2em
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2011 04:03:16 PM »

Here is my package from our lovely organizer.

Matching dresses for both girls in my favorite color!  These are soooo beautiful!  And a super cute matching little stuffed owl.  I love everything so much!

Sorry the lighting wasn't very good so this picture doesn't do them justice.  A2jc4life if you have better pics please post them.

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Christine~
Proud SAHM to Emma (11/14/07) and Abigail (6/16/11).
http://www.etsy.com/people/mom2em/favorites?ref=pr_faves
http://pinterest.com/mom2em/
A2JC4life
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2011 04:28:45 PM »

I'm glad you like them.  That was my first-ever attempt at combining prints, so I was rather nervous.  I hope the baby dress fits okay; it looks huge to me.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kwiltykate
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2011 11:34:29 PM »

The dresses are adorable! And the owl!!

Did you use patterns for those A2JC4life?? They seriously look awesome Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2JC4life
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2011 10:30:22 AM »

For the dresses, yes.  For the owl, sort of. 

The dresses are the Miss Madeline pattern from The Handmade Dress.  This was my first encounter with that specific pattern ('though I used another of hers earlier in the year) and the non-serger instructions make the insides a little less finished than I usually like.  I still like the pattern, though.  I'm planning to make my daughters and their cousin matching or coordinating dresses with it around Christmas.  (Oh, I cut the dress down a little for the little one.  It comes in a 6-month, but not a 0- or 3-month, so I made it smaller.)

The owl was copied from mom2em's wists.  I printed out an owl template to use as a pattern, but it wasn't a pattern for a stuffie - it was a template for something else.  Lemme see if I can find it.  It's a towel pattern from here: http://www.craftjr.com/fall-kitchen-crafts-owl-towels/owl-template/  I fiddled with it until the size seemed similar to the Etsy one.  (The appliqud pieces are just eyeballed.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Unique Mattress Stitch
Standout Decorative Bobbles
Kitchener Stitch
Creative Decreasing Basics
Criss-Cross Cables
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...