A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,090
Currently Running With Scissors:
628 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My friend asked for a Gryffindor Scarf for her birthday...  (Read 1569 times)
Tags for this thread: gryffindor  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

JustNaz9

I hope there's pudding...<3

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2011 06:54:26 PM »

...And this is what I came up with! The two of us are going to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in July and she asked me to make her a Gryffindor Scarf to wear around the park. Why she would want to wear a scarf in Florida in July is beyond me, but that's what she wanted!

I used Vanna's Choice in Cranberry & Mustard because it was the only satisfactory goldish-yellow I could find. I used Half-Double Crochet, chained 40 and did 15 rows of each color, in case you were wondering Smiley

This is one of my dogs, Reese, modeling before I wove in all the tails. She wouldn't model the finished scarf, of course!

Completed!

All laid out, before I added the fringe.

A couple of the stripes are a bit bulge-y around the edges, but I'm still new to crocheting and you can't really tell unless it's all laid out and you're looking closely. I'm making a Ravenclaw trapped bar scarf for myself soon, although I definitely won't be wearing it in Florida!

Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You cut up a thing that's alive and beautiful to find out how it's alive and why it's beautiful, and before you know it, it's neither of those things, and you're standing there with blood on your face and tears in your sight and only the terrible ache of guilt to show for it."
Clive Barker
rantyhippie
Carnivore Extrordinaire

Drunken Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011 07:14:20 PM »

love that scarf! And I love your doggie too! I have a boxer and he is such a sweetie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you have some spare roving you're willing to part with? Wanna do a personal swap? PM me!

Respect ghosts and gods, but keep away from them -Confucius
meniana
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011 07:56:04 PM »

aaaawwww what a cute dog! I love the scarf, I'm making a Slytherin one for a friend.

I'm a Ravenclaw too!!

Have fun at the WWOHP!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JustNaz9

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011 04:26:30 PM »

Thanks guys Smiley

Reese is a great dog, but she has "seperation anxiety" (according to my mom) and likes to chew up brand new balls of yarn, lol. I lost two of my yellow during this project to her!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You cut up a thing that's alive and beautiful to find out how it's alive and why it's beautiful, and before you know it, it's neither of those things, and you're standing there with blood on your face and tears in your sight and only the terrible ache of guilt to show for it."
Clive Barker
vombatiformes
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011 06:05:23 PM »

Great job! I'm working on a Slytherin scarf myself in some bulkier yarn.

I actually think the colors you picked out work perfectly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JustNaz9

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011 07:12:24 PM »

I actually think the colors you picked out work perfectly.

Thanks! The goldish yellow was pretty tough, especially since I would have preferred to work with something a little softer than Vanna's Choice. But everything else was bright sunflower yellow, which wouldn't have worked nearly as well in my opinion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clive Barker
susie in the sky
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011 05:15:15 AM »

I love it! I like the gold colour you found too - I recently finished knitting a hp scarf and the only gold-ish colour I could find was too bright!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty, eco-y, charity shopp-y, vegan-y, happy-y blog...

http://secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk/
JustNaz9

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011 01:59:52 PM »

Thanks Susie! I tried learning to knit before I learned to crochet and I just couldn't get the hang of it. I do like the knitted scarves better, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clive Barker
sphynxle
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011 11:17:41 AM »

How nifty! I just finished a scarf for my best friend, using the same colors, for the exact same reason! Great minds think alike!

Yours looks so much better than mine, though! Great job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Oil Paint
Ambient Art - Van Gogh
Ambient Art - Sisley
Ambient Art - Seurat
Ambient Art - Renoir
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...