A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
399 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: AB weekender travel bag  (Read 2456 times)
Tags for this thread: amy_butler , weekender_bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sew-wannabe
« on: April 25, 2011 05:24:16 PM »

Well it only took me 6 days to finish it.  My hands are so sore and my sewing machine just booked a vacation away from me!!   Tongue

I did add feet and modified a few steps.  I did a daily log of what all I did on my blog )link in my sigy, but the last installment will not be published until tomorrow.  I had to share the final pic here today though!

I should have tacked the lining up the side seams more than I did, but I forgot.  I also wanted to add a zipper pouch to the lining and forgot to do that too.  Oh well.....maybe next time.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG => Country Cluckers
MY WIST => Wish List
Sharalee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011 06:44:13 PM »

Very nice, I love your pretty flower fabric. It looks great!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap" RD 2/partners
"Poppet vs. Ami Swap"/partners
"Make Purse & Wallet Swap/partner

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Pa
little me
Little Me Crafts

Enjoy Life's Little Pleasures

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011 06:45:31 PM »

Great job sew-wannabe. I like where you put the feet & the detail you did for the feet where you put an extra strip of fabric - don't know if that's in the instructions or you did it on your own, but it looks great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

little me
Little Me Crafts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011 06:57:22 PM »

I just read your 2 blog entries about your bag. That zipper came out looking great. I'll have to read it again slowly & try to follow it so I can make great looking zippers like that. I also saw what you did w/that detail strip on the bottom & that's a great idea - I love it. Thanks for sharing your blog - I'm trying to start one myself & I hope I can inspire others like you are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sew-wannabe
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011 03:36:25 AM »

Great job sew-wannabe. I like where you put the feet & the detail you did for the feet where you put an extra strip of fabric - don't know if that's in the instructions or you did it on your own, but it looks great.
The feet were something I added.  There were no instructions for doing the feet in the package.  I did remember searching a while ago on the net how to install purse feet and this way stuck in my head.  It makes sense to add a little extra peltex right under the tabs to keep them from rubbing a hole.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY WIST => Wish List
sew-wannabe
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011 03:39:15 AM »

I just read your 2 blog entries about your bag. That zipper came out looking great. I'll have to read it again slowly & try to follow it so I can make great looking zippers like that. I also saw what you did w/that detail strip on the bottom & that's a great idea - I love it. Thanks for sharing your blog - I'm trying to start one myself & I hope I can inspire others like you are.

The zipper was not hard to do.  I think if you search hidden zipper here on craftsters you will find tutorials on this method of blind sewing the zipper in.  Since I was not about to hand sew the lining the whole length of the zipper and just machine stitched it I did end up with 2 stitch lines on the outside of the bag at the zipper.  I am not worried about it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY WIST => Wish List
little me
Little Me Crafts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011 08:50:54 AM »

I like the double stitch lines. I'll look for those tutes on hidden zips - thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Apply and Remove Glitter Polish
How To Define Your Brows
Beauty Prep School: How To Do A Smoky Eye
Right Order To Apply Skin Care Products
This Gel Promises to Waterproof Your Makeup In One Swipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...