A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,806
Currently Running With Scissors:
665 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2011 Costume-Along  (Read 25389 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Erzsabet
« Reply #150 on: October 18, 2011 07:16:16 PM »

GAH! I just found out we won't even be home for Halloween, my husband has to go to a base in Arizona to set up a system there, so we'll be there that week. So ANOTHER change of plans! I'm going to have to come up with something not-too-complicated that I can pack in my duffle and wear to a bar.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I hate it when my party can't start cause Ke$ha didn't walk in.
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #151 on: October 18, 2011 08:25:50 PM »

Wow. Joining this super late because I've only JUST managed to convince people to do something for Halloween (anyone else have the problem of non-costuming/Halloween-loving/fun (Wink) friends?).

The Most Likely Saturday Costume:
Miss Frizzle from The Magic School Bus, much inspired by this: http://shuf.tumblr.com/post/6165258453/gingerhaze-beyondtheseawaiting
HAVE: the right hair (well, curly and long enough to put up. More brown than red though).
NEED: dress, shoes, lizard? - buy thrift dress and shoes, upcycle into appropriate appearance including felt planets/etc

The Saturday Costume That Would Be Really Cool (Instead of the Above) But Is Unlikely
The Cast of Kill Bill with my friends (Gogo, The Bride, Elle Driver, Budd, potentially O-Ren [big costume commitment], the Crazy 88). Which would take convincing. And planning. And there is only a week left. Hm . . . yeah, probably not going to happen, but you never know.

The Friday Costume If My Sister Doesn't Have To Go Out with Her Boyfriend
(AKA: If her boyfriend decides NOT to go out with his group that includes 3 ex-girlfriends)
-
Vincent Van Gogh (with a tag team costume of my sister as Salvador Dali, a dream of ours for a couple years), inspired by this painting: 
http://artsdot.com/A55A04/w.nsf/OPRA/BRUE-5ZKG75/$File/Vincent+Van+Gogh+-+Self-portrait+with+a+Pipe+.JPG
HAVE: Pretty much nothing. Well, I can borrow a pipe from my pipe-smoking dad.
NEED: cape/coat, furry hat, bandage. Buy bandage at Halloween store. Make furry hat. Make or thrift cape/coat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MaxParadise
« Reply #152 on: October 18, 2011 09:13:51 PM »

so my son's costume is almost done! i made him a little denim vest out of an old pair of jeans of mine. crocheted an anarchy sign out of red yarn and sewed it onto one of his black beanies. i made a little spike cuff bracelet and stud/pyramid stud bracelet out of felt, made a little chain (wallet type chain) out of felt, and now i'm working on a pyramid stud belt of of fleece and felt! almost done with that. after, i may make a pair of his old jeans into skinny jeans. either that, or just distress them up a bit. oh! and i have to make him a little microphone out of leftover fleece/felt. (he's our lead singer in out band, radio active chocolate cow!) as for the husband and me, we definitely decided on being a part of gabe's punk rock band! i already got the right pants/shoes. have to add a few touches to a shirt i already have, and i bought a denim trench at goodwill (for 2 bucks!) that i already turned into a vest. i just need to start decorating/embellishing it. for the hubbs, the main thing so far is to just take a suit jacket we got at goodwill and just distress/decorate/ embellish/ go nuts with! i'll try and post pics of what i got so for of my son's costume soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
MaxParadise
« Reply #153 on: October 18, 2011 09:48:26 PM »

here are the pics so far!

everything all together (minus the felt chain and belt)

i thought i was going to have to crochet his beanie, but then i remembered his grandma bought him one awhile back!

his vest!

the vest is made out of an old pair of my jeans (using the legs). the collar and trimming at the bottom is "made" out of the original waist band of my jeans.

co&ca isn't a punk band, but it's the only pins i had, haha! the skull is just a cut out of some fabric and the RACC patch represents our band, radio active chocolate cow!

the pocket is an actual pocket from my jeans! the skull was cut from on old t shirt.

our "band"! radio active chocolate cow! used white material left over from the tshirt i used to get the skull patch on the pocket.

and here's a pic of my baby boy wearing it! well, what's done so far! he's gonna be wearing a white thermal and a tshirt of some sort under the vest. last thing i have to work on is his pants =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

J_Kieviet

« Reply #154 on: October 18, 2011 11:25:18 PM »

Everyones stuff is looking great.

Fabric is painted for strawberry shortcake, and Thomas The Train is almost done - guessing another three-four hours.  then I'll work on my costumes - Alice in Wonderland and a witch. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Mccalls 6337 sewing pattern, if you have a copy you'd be willing to share/give/sell please let me know.  The bag costs $60 and I think perhaps I could make it cheaper/
amber.hope
« Reply #155 on: October 19, 2011 06:33:02 PM »

MaxParadise your son and his costume are just too freakin cute!! I love it! You did such an awesome job Grin

In my crafting news I finished my costume this evening and now I only have to work on hubbies! I'll post pics of mine soon, hopefully tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MaxParadise
« Reply #156 on: October 19, 2011 11:13:41 PM »

aww, why thank you =)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #157 on: October 20, 2011 12:30:43 PM »

Ha! Cute "hardcore" costume. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amber.hope
« Reply #158 on: October 24, 2011 12:47:26 PM »

Well here it is ladies! My finished costume Grin

*BTW this is not how I plan to wear my hair and makeup for halloween. Just wanted to show off the costume itself!

Still working on hubbys popeye costume though, I hope I can get it finished by the end of this week Undecided Wish me luck!
Also what do you guys think about the boots? There too big since I borrowed them from a friend, but I thought they'd be more comfy than mountain man boots lol! What do you think, do they look ok? Huh
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011 12:51:12 PM by amber.hope » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alchamy513

Watson's Warriors

« Reply #159 on: October 24, 2011 02:12:22 PM »

I love your costume, its so cute! And I think I like the boots with it, they definitely look good with it!

Alright, so I'm having a dilemma... I have about 5 different costume ideas (well, sort of 3 with a few variations) all based around my Steampunk airship mechanic idea and I can't decide which I like the best. I can wear two probably, one for my party and one for actual Halloween, but that doesn't narrow it quite enough. I pulled everything out of my closet and took pictures, just of the clothing since I don't have someone to take pictures/a tripod. I'd love some help!

Ok, so all of the costumes will have random jewelry I've made, goggles (I covered a big bulky welder's pair with gold duct tape since I'm weird), a "gas mask" (painters mask that I still need to cover with the same duct tape), and a 'punked up nerf gun. Oh, and an awesome bubble gun I got from another swap... plus I'll probably make a little "tool belt" out of the gold duct tape and put some tools in it!

First I have a costume based on Alexus' amazing swap goodies, and it's probably going to be the one worn on Halloween night.

It has a hat, gloves, and pants made by Alexus, plus a brown tank top (I couldn't find the one I really wanted, I think my sister has it), a shirt jacket that I can probably rip up a bit, and a beige scarf.

The next one is the same, but with a warmer jacket... I guess if it gets really cold on Halloween like it always does here, plus it looks a little more "aviator" oh, and I'll be wearing some sort of brown boots, whatever I can find.

Alright, then I have what I'll probably wear at my party, but three different versions:

The first one is a bit more "punked" than super steamy:

It has an aviator hat, vest with really cool metal studs all down the back in different metals, red tank, fake corset thing, a big black scarf, shoulder high arm warmers, cargo pants that I wear all the time but remind me of a jump suit, and (maybe) leg warmers over them... I haven't tried them on to see how it looks. I like this one since the corset reminds me of steampunk, but its not really all that comfy, so I don't know how long it would stay on anyway...

Then the variation of this, without the corset or leg warmers:

And finally, a similar one:

This one has a green long sleeve tee, both black and green scarves, and mechanic-y gloves. I like this one a lot, but it seems too toned down. I was also thinking of the corset with this... and all three of these would be with the accessories I mentioned before and some steamy/victorian black boots (that I also wear every day).

I also have a cute little black tiered tutu skirt that I'm never going to wear that I might repurpose into a bustle or something, if I took out the lining and just cut and pinned back the bottom layer in the front it would work well...

So anyway, sorry for the huge post, but I thought you guys could help a bit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Update Your Fall Wardrobe For Cheap
Zendaya Coleman Teams With NFL For Campaign
What to Wear to Flatter Black Hair
Style Sound Off: The Hottest Red Carpet Looks of the Week
How to Pick the Perfect Skirt For Fall
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...