A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 299,128
Currently Running With Scissors:
417 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2011 Costume-Along  (Read 28917 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

omgitsalisa
« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2011 08:26:15 PM »

Yeah, a circle skirt is simple in theory - but less simple when you want to make it longer/wider than the fabric allows if that makes sense.

Well, you could cut half circles or quarter circles and sew them together to get your full circle if the fabric is too small.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MaxParadise
« Reply #141 on: October 11, 2011 10:34:36 PM »

okay, so who has two thumbs and still hasn't started her cotumes yet? THIS GIRL! but i did do all my sketching yesterday and planned it all out, so perhaps i'll get off the computer and actually start something, haha! still haven't fully decided on what the hubbs and i are going to be though...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
amber.hope
« Reply #142 on: October 12, 2011 03:19:10 PM »

So I FINALLY found a top suitable for my costume!  Cheesy Now all I have to do is sew in the white ruffles around the neck and I'm done with my costume, Grin YAY!! I'm considering still making my hubbys costume just incase he ends up coming home from work early, fingers crossed Wink And btw my daughter's changed their minds yet again about their costumes and are now going to be a bumble bee and a lady bug. I told them no more switching though as I already have the costumes! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MaxParadise
« Reply #143 on: October 12, 2011 04:09:07 PM »

finally started on my son's cosutume last night! worked on it awhile this morning. i'm just taking a break to update you guys, but i should probably get back to it and sew what i can while he's napping!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
Erzsabet
« Reply #144 on: October 17, 2011 02:47:25 PM »

So due to lack of materials for my original costume idea (Autumn Fairy) I am changing my costume. I have this lovely grey cotton sateen material that used to be a duvet cover and is still in good condition except a small burn hole from a cigarette. It's a large singular chunk (think queen size cover in one piece, folded in half) and I want to make a gown from it with a pattern I have, maybe with a masquerade mask or wings. Only, I have no idea what the theme would be. Ideas? Storm fairy maybe? The fabric does have lighter colored flowers on it. Let me see if I can find a picture...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I hate it when my party can't start cause Ke$ha didn't walk in.
christysaysrawr
« Reply #145 on: October 17, 2011 02:56:29 PM »

I would just go with general fairy. As long as you have some wings, you should be good. Also, that fabric is lovely and I'm sure you will make a beautiful dress out of it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DIYitis.
Erzsabet
« Reply #146 on: October 17, 2011 03:20:50 PM »

I'm hoping so. I'll have to find something to make a crinoline for underneath though. Hopefully I can hit a thrift shop before Halloween and find something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I hate it when my party can't start cause Ke$ha didn't walk in.
amber.hope
« Reply #147 on: October 17, 2011 04:55:44 PM »

I still havent added the ruffles around the neck of my costume Shocked and theres only 2 weeks left!! Buying the fabric on Wednsday and I'm hoping to have it finished by Friday. I still have to figure out my makeup and hair, but that shouldnt be too hard. I just dont wanna be too plain jane like olive oyl, so I'm gonna try to modernize it a lil Wink I'll post some pics of my finished product as soon as its done! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiffnyy
« Reply #148 on: October 17, 2011 10:07:58 PM »

Hey all! I'm a bit late to the game but I just started making my costume today so I figured I'd jump in. I'm going to be Miss Frizzle from the Magic School Bus. For people who are familiar with the show/books, I had a tough time deciding which theme I wanted to do for the outfit but I decided on a Bee theme from the "Inside a Beehive" episode. Just started on the dress today and this is a first for me so hopefully it'll look like something! Haha

****Ok so I finished the skirt portion of the dress (also installed the zipper today). I figured it would be best for me to start out with something more simple like the skirt and then go back and make a bodice, but I haven't had a lot of luck finding a tute for something that has sleeves and buttons down the front. Hopefully I'll have better luck tomorrow. otherwise, I'll just have to wing it!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011 01:10:59 AM by tiffnyy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
amber.hope
« Reply #149 on: October 18, 2011 07:01:22 AM »

What an awesome idea Grin I loved that show as a child! You definitely have to post pics what an awesome and unique costume idea!

* On a side note, I just found out my husband will be able to come home for halloween weekend!! YAY! But I haven't been working on his costume at all so I have A LOT of catching up to do! Shocked Wish me luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Tips for Using Bronzer
3 Tips for Applying Sunscreen
The Best Primers
Kelly Osbourne & Shay Mitchell Offer Up Their Best Beauty Tips
How to Make Your Own Makeup Remover
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...