A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,589
Currently Running With Scissors:
709 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tree Swap Round 3 (Signups CLOSED; Mail by 6/16/11)  (Read 13893 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lacey0828
« Reply #210 on: May 26, 2011 07:32:21 PM »

I really wish some of my crafts I do were portable. In July I'm going back home by myself and the flight is 4 hours long. Even though it's still a little over a month away I'm already starting to rack my brain about how I could craft on a plane. (haha, that rhymed Smiley)

If you have NOT checked in yet on either this thread or the gallery thread...Please do ASAP!!!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011 07:33:04 PM by lacey0828 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

KaoticKrafter
Creating handmade treasures from recycled materials.

Procraftination- the best way to avoid chores!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #211 on: May 26, 2011 08:23:26 PM »

Hmm. Crafts for the plane...I usually crochet, but your profile says that is a no no for you.

I know that you can bring sewing needles on a plain (I do it all the time) and I bring nail clippers instead of scissors. You could try your hand at a button tree hoopla thingy Huh

Man, if I didn't have crochet I think I would go a little bonkers on the plane. Last time I flew I had just signed up for an inchie swap so I spent my flight time sketching ideas and making lists, but I still crocheted a bit too. And slept. A lot.

I hope you find something!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #212 on: May 27, 2011 02:02:04 PM »

I've knifty knitted on a plane before.  its super easy to do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
Rosie1981

Wanderlust.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: May 27, 2011 06:19:12 PM »

I always catch up on my reading. I hope you find something to do on the plane, and have a safe trip.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Arryl
« Reply #214 on: May 27, 2011 08:00:30 PM »

I love the swap gallery!  I've been working away slowly, but I have to admit I get a little anxious whenever people see my works in-progress.  I don't know why, but it always makes me feel self-conscious when someone sees something that I haven't finished (maybe because I don't know for sure how it will turn out?  I don't know, but I don't think logic has anything to do with it).  So, of course, my parents have been very interested in my crafting lately.  Does anyone else ever feel such craft anxiety?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teamama

One Crafty Mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: May 27, 2011 08:06:30 PM »

Arryl, This is my first swap - so mega anxiety here. But I find that whenever I make ANYTHING that I'm not keeping/using myself it comes with a side of anxiety. I just finished a major project for my baby sister's birthday - a huge freezer paper stencil thingy on a dress... and I stressed and stressed and STRESSED about it. I came back to it over and over and then when it was finished I must have shown like 8 different people and asked them whether they thought she'd like it, would she wear it, would it suit her, etc etc. And that was for my sister. Now I'm crafting for my partner who I don't even know! Crystalized_art and I have had some good discussions and I feel like I'm on the right track for her, but I'm TOTALLY anxious about how she's going to like the crafts I'm making for her. Yikes! So yeah, I'm sure any craftsperson feels a little bit of that anxiety when they're crafting for someone else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join us for the  NEW 2012-2013 Year of Homemade Gifts: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413499.0

*LOVE to swap ATCs, and tw/inchies! PM Me!*

Jewels: www.bypatriciabrown e.weebly.com
Le blog: www.talkandtealeave s.blogspot.com
shop: www.etsy.com/shop/PLBrowne
boystress
« Reply #216 on: May 27, 2011 09:01:25 PM »

Anxiety Big Time! Just threw my big in the bin. Starting again. Small isn't great either. Lost the instructions for another project. I had such hopes for today. "Just keep swimming".
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

« Reply #217 on: May 28, 2011 11:47:50 AM »

I'm always hesitant to show my crafts at any stage, but especially while in the process. Everyone always seems so neagative and questioning of how it will turn out or if I can do it. And then they seem surprised when it turns out like I said. Grrr. Maybe I need more supportive friends!

Right now I'm working on Lacey's large, and I tried to explain my idea to my mother who was very "That's going to be hard to do...". *sigh* I'm sure it will turn out in the end.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
KaoticKrafter
Creating handmade treasures from recycled materials.

Procraftination- the best way to avoid chores!

« Reply #218 on: May 28, 2011 03:26:50 PM »

I tend to get really anxious once I send it out and I can't change it or add anything to it.

You just need to have faith and relax. I find that the more stressed and worried I am, the harder it is to make what I am seeing. If I just go with the flow, the project may not turn out exactly how I planned, but sometimes I luck out and it turns out better Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melmakespretty
« Reply #219 on: May 28, 2011 03:53:31 PM »

You just need to have faith and relax. I find that the more stressed and worried I am, the harder it is to make what I am seeing. If I just go with the flow, the project may not turn out exactly how I planned, but sometimes I luck out and it turns out better Smiley

I totally agree. The more I stress, the more I over think it and that's when the problems start.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*Come​ and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 5 Sexy Christmas Costumes
Shop These 4 NYE Dresses Right Now
Rent The Runway Takes On Fifth Avenue
New Looks from Old Coats with Lilliana Vazquez: Part 2
New Looks from Old Coats with Lilliana Vazquez: Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...