A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,568
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tree Swap Round 3 (Signups CLOSED; Mail by 6/16/11)  (Read 13885 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2011 05:58:21 PM »

pinkmichk, thanks for all the helpful shipping advice!  That was great!

I never thought I would say this, but:  THANKS FOR THE TEASERS, JILLYBEANS!  Cheesy I was having a difficult day at that point.

I bought myself a sewing machine on Sunday, and I was taught how to use it just a few hours ago.  Jillybeans is going to be the proud owner of my cheesy, newbie-sewer, first project!  Lucky her!  Grin

BTW...I think Jillybeans and I are like two halves of the same crafting brain!  Cheesy

I'm sorry you were having a difficult day and I'm glad that my teasers helped brighten your day.  My husband kept bugging me saying that I should post teasers.  He's so funny.  I think he is really into this, too.  He has been helping me tons with ideas.  Love him.

Oh yay for first time sewing project!  I am so excited to get it!  Yay yay!  First are the best!  My sewing machine in a hand-me-down from my grandma.  It is a super old baby lock companion, but so far is a champ.  I believe my mom made all my bridesmaids dresses on it.  (if I only had her sewing talent)  I should name it.  Perhaps the lockness sewing machine, "Nessie" for short?  ^_^

We are indeed, Miss Barbara.  Two halves of a crazy over-crafting brain.  So many crafts, so little time!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
lacey0828
« Reply #161 on: May 17, 2011 06:19:39 PM »

I'm usually an early sender, but definantly not in this swap. I'm thinking I'll be sending just a few days before the end as well. The things I want to make I think will be taking me a while to do, plus I have to drag myself back to Joann's. It's a half hour from me and I went in there the other day and they're in the middle of remodeling so you could only fit one person down an aisle (barely), so cluttery store makes for an unhappy me and creativeness gone. I might just have to stop at one on the way home, or shop online.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DawnsTrees
« Reply #162 on: May 17, 2011 10:03:01 PM »

Count me on the "sending basically at deadline" team as well! I am still mulling over some ideas - the one that I was getting excited about I realized won't work how I wanted it to. Sad  I need my crafting muse to strike quickly with something AWESOME for my wonderful partner! I don't expect to really get to work on anything until this weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
KaoticKrafter
Creating handmade treasures from recycled materials.

Procraftination- the best way to avoid chores!

« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2011 10:27:19 PM »

Great advice on the packaging, thanks!

My partner will actually have some assembly required because I was concerned about shipping it put together. It is a simple thing to do and will only take a minute (hee hee hee).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #164 on: May 18, 2011 10:12:37 AM »

I just finished a project this morning for my wonderful partner Miss Barbara and sent my husband pictures of the finished project.  His response is too precious to not share.  I'm surprised he liked it so much.  ^_^

"Wow Jill, I am jealous of your swap partner.  I want your art in my home only!  That looks really really amazing."

He constantly is seeing stuff I make leave the house, ie for other people's birthdays since this is my first swap.  Hardly anything I make stays with us.

Example: A painting I did for my sister for her birthday based off a painting I found on etsy.  (its tree related! and maybe it will give others some inspiration, it was easy to make)

And if anyone wants tips or the picture process I took of it as I was making it, let me know!  Its only my third painting I've done, and it was super easy to do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
Dragonflower
Ecraftic

YAY!

« Reply #165 on: May 18, 2011 10:24:03 AM »

Jillybeans, that is beautiful! I am jealous of your sister now. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the end, only kindness matters.
lacey0828
« Reply #166 on: May 18, 2011 01:27:36 PM »

That's really beautiful. I would give anything to be able to draw and paint.  My tracing skills are even questionable. My sister got that talent and its a shame she doesn't use it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KaoticKrafter

« Reply #167 on: May 18, 2011 06:31:49 PM »

I would love to know how to do that!

I am discovering that my drawing skills are improving with all the swapping I have been doing. Still not really good, but at least a person can figure out what I have drawn Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lacey0828
« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2011 06:52:47 PM »

Oh my goodness, I made it half way through my large today!!!! I found out we're going out on Saturday and wouldn't have time to craft and I have Thursday's off, so I figured I would try hard, and I'm succeeding Smiley What a great feeling. Had to take a break though, my craft room gets pretty hot and I was starting to get cranky because of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KaoticKrafter

« Reply #169 on: May 20, 2011 05:40:29 AM »

Gotta love that AZ heat:)

I personally can't wait to get back to it...

I have all my goodies made and just need to get everything packaged up. I hope to do that today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Smoked Salmon Roll
Chicken Curry Stew Recipe
Chinese-Style Boiled Chicken Recipe
How to Make Nasi Goreng
Egg Fried Rice Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...