A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,210
Currently Running With Scissors:
546 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tree Swap Round 3 (Signups CLOSED; Mail by 6/16/11)  (Read 14157 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

calixita
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

thought I heard a saxophone; I'm drunk on the moon

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #140 on: May 15, 2011 09:56:14 PM »

I'm slowly starting to get my projects together.  Still sifting thru ideas and strategies.  I've gotten a start on one item and am still prepping on others.  My partner says she's nearly done already!!  I'm excited to see what she's come up with!  I'm afraid she'll have to be patient with me.  I'm not nearly that fast!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lacey0828
« Reply #141 on: May 15, 2011 10:47:50 PM »

I slowly started today, basically started one thing, it worked nicely, then I stopped for now. I have most of my ideas in my head and will probably get a good actual start next weekend.

As far as extras and spoilage goes, feel free to do so, however you may want to discuss it with your partner so no one feels bad in the process.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KaoticKrafter
Creating handmade treasures from recycled materials.

Procraftination- the best way to avoid chores!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #142 on: May 16, 2011 07:32:03 AM »

I'm slowly starting to get my projects together.  Still sifting thru ideas and strategies.  I've gotten a start on one item and am still prepping on others.  My partner says she's nearly done already!!  I'm excited to see what she's come up with!  I'm afraid she'll have to be patient with me.  I'm not nearly that fast!

I am very patient Smiley

I have actually stalled out a little. I have one item I just can't figure out how to finish. So, I am just leaving it for a bit until inspiration strikes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #143 on: May 16, 2011 10:56:57 AM »

My living room is currently suffering craft-apocalypse.  But, I am almost done.  I went a little crafting crazy this weekend.  It was so nice.  I've been so busy lately that its fun to just have a weekend to do whatever I want.  Yay!  I will probably be able to send out my stuff by next weekend.  ^_^

My partner and I decided that we are spoiling.  We've already gone over what we were suppose to do.  ^_^  Lol, we have a major crafting itch to scratch! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
My_RubySlippers
Dabbler Of Everything

« Reply #144 on: May 16, 2011 04:12:50 PM »

I feel like such a slacker...I have ideas just nothing started at the moment. Haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps, especially ATCs! ( I'm recently addicted)
boystress
« Reply #145 on: May 16, 2011 04:21:13 PM »

So many ideas! So little skill! Overwhelmed!!!!! Shocked

Have ordered some supplies online (I live in the sticks.......no decent craft shops), and am going to try a new craft. Need to get out and finish my painting, but it's sooooo cold here, and my easel is set up on the verandah.......

Going for a "theme within a theme" at the moment. May end up more floral than tree (but flowers grow on trees, right?)

The nerves are keeping me awake at night Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crystallized_art
« Reply #146 on: May 16, 2011 06:56:57 PM »

Say - here's a question: what are the particular rules regarding sending "extras" in with your package. I just found a couple of particularly cool things that I'd like to send my partner... is there a hard and fast rule? Or are we just allowed to spoil willy-nilly?

No problem with sending extras.....not too much, though because 1) I want to be able to reciprocate and 2) don't want shipping to be too much Wink

pm me and let me know how much extra you had in mind.....

and I'm very intrigued about the tree branch craft.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Teamama

One Crafty Mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: May 16, 2011 08:15:10 PM »

I'll pm you now...

As for the tree-branch... my hubby might be mad when he finds out I had him take down a whole branch because I wanted a specific part of the end of it... he he he. But then I can always find something else to do with maple-wood. Plus we just got a lathe - whichis totally exciting... though not in enough time for this swap. But yes - part of your package will be from "that branch"!

A question (for all) regarding shipping: does anyone have any tips about packing up the packages for shipping? Thankfully my partner and I are both in Canada (and in the same province!) so the shipping costs will be down a bit that way, but does anyone have any brilliant ideas on how to ship so that things a) stay intact and b) don't get weighed down too much by packaging?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join us for the  NEW 2012-2013 Year of Homemade Gifts: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413499.0

*LOVE to swap ATCs, and tw/inchies! PM Me!*

Jewels: www.bypatriciabrowne.weebly.com
Le blog: www.talkandtealeaves.blogspot.com
shop: www.etsy.com/shop/PLBrowne
melmakespretty
« Reply #148 on: May 17, 2011 02:13:19 AM »

So many ideas! So little skill! Overwhelmed!!!!! Shocked

Have ordered some supplies online (I live in the sticks.......no decent craft shops), and am going to try a new craft. Need to get out and finish my painting, but it's sooooo cold here, and my easel is set up on the verandah.......

Going for a "theme within a theme" at the moment. May end up more floral than tree (but flowers grow on trees, right?)

The nerves are keeping me awake at night Undecided
I am intrigued by your theme within a theme,  and super excited!
Please don't stress too much. I am sure I will love evrything you make!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*Come​ and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #149 on: May 17, 2011 07:19:47 AM »

TEASERS!  I finally have cropped some teasers to tantalized you all (especially Miss Barbara).  ^_^

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Victoria Beckham Hair
How to Grow Out Your Hair
How to Get Rid of Frizzy Hair
New Hairstyle: The Pixie Crop
Funky 50s Hairstyles
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...