A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,487
Currently Running With Scissors:
411 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tree Swap Round 3 (Signups CLOSED; Mail by 6/16/11)  (Read 14229 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

melmakespretty
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2011 04:41:32 AM »

Am on holidays till tomorrow arvo, then hopefully I'll get through the stash and find some things to get started on. I am very excited for my partner and it being her first swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*Come​ and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 14, 2011 07:18:33 AM »

I have made one medium item for my partner, one small, and working on one large.  I am having a great time with this!

I think it makes a BIG difference when you have an enthusiastic, communicative partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
Arryl
« Reply #122 on: May 14, 2011 07:48:38 AM »

I am in another swap and we were talking about pushing ourselves into areas that we are not comfortable and a very smart Craftster (MunLtStmpr) commented:
"I LOVE to hear that!  Heck, we're on craftster because we love to create... why on earth should we settle for what we currently are?  GREAT JOB!!!"

So, lets all embrace our fear and have some FUN crafting!! Yay for trying new things!!

I love the quote!  I've branched (ha daft tree joke) out with this one swap.  Before, I'd only worked with polymer clay a little, had only done very basic jewelry making.  Now, I'm trying more difficult projects in those, and am even trying to make wire crafts.  I'm really getting excited about trying new stuff.  This swap has been my muse for summer craft projects so far.    
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011 07:50:54 AM by Arryl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2011 08:33:56 AM »

Wow- we have a lot of trees! (Also, I am probably a pretty big dork- lol)

That is the most awesome thing EVER!  Wow I wish I had land with a bunch of trees.  Having a tree at whatever house we eventually buy (and that's a huge eventually) is a requirement.  I hope to plant and add more trees as well.  I will definitely be naming my tree nerdy names.  Prolly names from books and video games.  So awesome!

Yes!  I love that there are teaser photos up already.  I made one item last night and will prolly make a couple more this weekend and really wanted to post a teaser.  I'm glad someone else already did. 

I was having first time swap anxiety until after I finished what I made last night.  Its something I'm good at and it turned out so cute.  Plus, I added an element that I've never used before and always thought was kinda weird and hoakie.  It turned out so cool though and feel like this is going to open me up to a lot of new possibilities.  Now I just have to try to rein myself in and try not to go toooooo crazy.  I have no self control when it comes to crafting.  I over do it, most of the time. 

I have made one medium item for my partner, one small, and working on one large.  I am having a great time with this!

I think it makes a BIG difference when you have an enthusiastic, communicative partner!
OMG, I am so friggin' excited!  I've always wanted one of the items that you are making me!  Yay yay!  I'm glad you are my partner, too!  ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
crystallized_art
« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2011 09:26:06 AM »

We haven't had partners a week and there are already teaser photos?? wow.. I couldn't even start to think about this until today.

I'm in the planning stages, but have a bunch of ideas and my partner is very enthusiastic...looks like it'll be a great swap Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lacey0828
« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2011 10:12:25 AM »

Wow, you guys are so ambitious. I have no idea what I'm going to make yet. I just had a slumber party with the Girl Scouts (I just became a Co-Leader), and I'm exhausted. Ten 10-11 year olds can really get tiring. It might be different if I was a parent and had some sort of kid knowledge..hahaha). Anyways, after relaxing and hopefully a nap, I plan to really get my ideas together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teamama

One Crafty Mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2011 11:01:26 AM »

Thanks for the encouraging words re: swap anxiety... phew - glad I'm not the only one.

My partner has already commented on my enthusiasm... and as I'm on these boards longer, I'm sure people will get used to my particular brand of crazy. he he.

I am totally excited to be doing this though. And I have already started crafting.

Lacey0828 - re: "It might be different if I was a parent and had some sort of kid knowledge..hahaha). Anyways, after relaxing and hopefully a nap"... It's not any different if you have kids. You just get used to some general exhaustion. When I was prego with my first son I was SOOOOO tired and I asked the doc. how long that would last. Her response: "Oh... 25 years or so."

Just thought you might like a giggle! Smiley

Now - I've got to get back to my crafts... provided my children haven't torn them apart yet. Eep!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join us for the  NEW 2012-2013 Year of Homemade Gifts: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413499.0

*LOVE to swap ATCs, and tw/inchies! PM Me!*

Jewels: www.bypatriciabrowne.weebly.com
Le blog: www.talkandtealeaves.blogspot.com
shop: www.etsy.com/shop/PLBrowne
LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2011 02:12:13 PM »

Well...as seeing that my children have not listened to me AT ALL today, there will be consequences/punishment in their immediate future (i.e.-having to stay in their room, no TV, etc...) which=more crafting time for me!

I also commented somewhere on Craftster that one of the reasons I am so fast with my swap packages is that I craft the most and most quickly when I am stressed...more stress=more crafts=faster sendouts!  Tongue

It's my son's first prom...his second or third date with this girl...more -good- stress!  Roll Eyes

I've completed a set of ten of something-that I want to keep!  They came out so cute!  While doing a household chore, I also used up a product which left me with an empty container that I am going to clean out and make a "mini" matching item of something else that I just made.

Oy....I need a rest!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
lacey0828
« Reply #128 on: May 14, 2011 04:52:13 PM »

I had a thought on something to do, but couldn't think of what to do with it. Then my husband of all people gave me an awesome idea. I researched to figure out how to do it and now I know exactly what I want to do for 1 of the items!!!! Off to the hardware store and craft store  Grin Other ideas are in the works, but nothing for sure yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teamama

One Crafty Mama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: May 14, 2011 05:26:30 PM »

I've been having a good chat with my partner, and I'm now absolutely FULL of ideas! Whee!

Also - my husband just was talking about pruning back the HUMONGOUS maple in our front yard and I said "hey - when you trim that tree, can you take down that branch - right there?" and he's like "Why? Is it hanging too far over the house or something?" and I said "No, I just need it." Good hubby that he is, he doesn't even question me.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join us for the  NEW 2012-2013 Year of Homemade Gifts: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=413499.0

*LOVE to swap ATCs, and tw/inchies! PM Me!*

Jewels: www.bypatriciabrowne.weebly.com
Le blog: www.talkandtealeaves.blogspot.com
shop: www.etsy.com/shop/PLBrowne
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Things We Said Today Guitar Lesson
Yesterday - Easy Beatles Acoustic Guitar Lesson
How to Play Basic Card Games - Hearts
How to Play Basic Card Games - Solitaire 2
How to Play Basic Card Games - Solitaire 1
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...