Gallery Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=382225.0
Swap name: Visit My Town!
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: blushingbluegrass
Sign-up date range: 4-24-11 to 5-8-11
Date to send item by: 6-4-11
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No!
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO!
Additional Age requirement? No!
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
Details of swap:
Does your town make awesome jams? Do you live in the home of the Taffy Festival? Would you love to share your town's awesome-ness with a fellow crafter? If so, this swap could be for you!
This swap is designed to pair up partners who are interested in learning about where each other live. It will go something like this: you will send your partner locally made item(s) totaling $10-$15. These should not be items bought at the local Wal-Mart, Target, large chain store. This is your chance to show off things your town does well! Not sure of where to go? Branch out and find something new! Head to Farmer's Markets or craft shows, even check etsy for local sellers. There are tons of ways to find locally handmade items!
Additionally, you will make one medium crafted item inspired by your PARTNER's locale. This could involve the town's symbol, favorite past time, largest festival, etc. Do your research! Even the smallest towns generally have a website or wiki page. You can even ask your partner for help! Examples could be a handbound book of regional recipes, wall art with the town's flower, or an embroidered hoop with a quote from a hometown hero. Be creative!
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Your real name
Mailing address including the country (as it would need to appear on a package)
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Please list any allergens in your home (smokers/pets, etc.)
Please list any allergies that you have:
Any crafts you particularly admire (ie, sewing, knitting...) and would like to receive:
Any crafts you really aren't into:
What are your craft skills?
Favorite part of living in your town:
Regional animals that you like:
Town heroes you admire:
Regional festivals/craft shows:
Favorite regional snacks/treats:
Any websites related to your town:
Anything else you want to let me know about town?
Would you like to receive jewelry:
bracelets/cuff? wrist size?
preferred metal types (gold tone, silver, pewter, gunmetal, copper...)?
Would you like clothes made for you?
arm measurement from wrist to elbow?
Would you prefer to receive an edible locally made item?
sweet or salty?
Would you prefer to receive a non-edible locally made item? What types of items would you be interested in receiving?
Anything else you'd like your partner to know?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
8. How Lovely
DeSade13 ------------------ AprilInAutumn
A2JC4life ------------------- sugarsandwitch
How Lovely ---------------- mgailp
adrienne_bowers ---------- blushingbluegrass