A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
489 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DIY Craft Kit Round 14 Gallery  (Read 6437 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2011 07:49:32 PM »

power outages suck.  packages from p.kok RAWK, though!

pretty pretty!

this intrigued me so I ripped open the package to figure out what it is - and it is COOL, people! It's for making glazes like soup and things - I dunno exactly what it's called, but I'm excited to use it!

some of the samples! these are a little worse for wear, as my littlest has absconded with them, and has been storing them in an Oilers lunch kit. I also received some instructions, and some very cute charms which have disappeared.(I'm SO sorry, p.kok, but they were taken by my son and he's hid them because he wasn't allowed to have them.)

The charms that p.kok made for me were a slice of cake, a slice of pie, and a cupcake. (let me know if i missed one - i thought there was four.) I was very pleased, and as soon as I clean my craft room, I'll be making sushi! This was a cool package, and I loved all that was sent! Thank you so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

My Wists! www.wists.com/Myrdda
My Pinterest! www.pinterest.com/Myrdda
p.kok
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2011 12:02:18 AM »

yey, pictures. I'm not sure how many charms there were, I have to find my memory card with the pictures I took:)

The liquid gel is a very awesome thing:) I think it just called liquid polymer clay. Once you try making non food items, you can also make a lot o different things with it. It's kinda like raisin, only you have to bake it:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiffi_333
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2011 12:13:04 PM »

Ive gotten all my kits a bit ago, but am just now posting the pics. these are the pictures for the polymer clay food kit and the soap kit. I will post pics of the sewing kit and the things ive made from them later tonight when they get uploaded. Thanks again for the kits, ive had lots of fun with them Smiley
         I love the liquid clay, ive been looking for it all over the place here but nowhere seems to have it. i used some of the coloured clay with the liquid clay to make clay "paints" which is really neat. Im going to try picture transfers next with it.

the scent included was almond honey which actually smells like the pink soap they have in store bathrooms like walmart. I made 2 batches of the soap, one of the almond honey which i put in my bfs brothers washroom and a cherry blossom soap which i made from the tree we have in our back yard. i ended up with 48 mini soaps and one round bar of soap with leftover cherry blossom soap. Smiley I also looked up how to make soap paint so im going to get some more soap base and experiment with that next.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011 12:15:36 PM by tiffi_333 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bourgeois
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2011 05:15:41 PM »

Aww, those are such cute little miniatures!  Its makes me super sad that it was all lost in the mail!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.theknittingdietitian.blogspot.com
on ravelry- knittingdietitian
p.kok
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2011 12:04:47 AM »

Insert Quote
Aww, those are such cute little miniatures!  Its makes me super sad that it was all lost in the mail!

I even made a tiny owl and a tiny fox for you, since you said you wanted to learn how to make small animals. I do hope I can find the missing memory card to at least share some pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2011 05:31:27 PM »

i received from tiffi_333 yesterday, but my camera and I have ... issues ..... so I was delayed posting them. Here goes! It was a felt food package, and I'm so pleased and excited with what I recieved!

pattern sheets

instruction sheets!

and felt

i was so excited I went and cleaned my craft room in preparation for having the time to make me some sammich!  Thank you so much, Tiffi! This is awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

tiffi_333
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2011 06:50:52 AM »

I'm glad you like it so much...I hope theres enough felt to make a bunch of the tutorials Smiley I also used cardstock for the templates so hopefully they will last you a while instead of just once or twice. I hope your kid enjoys playing with everything you end up making. If anything is written unclear feel free to message me..or if I didn't add something you were really looking forward to i could send you a link or something to show you that as well. I was going to add a toaster tut. but it seemed confusing when I wrote the instructions for it..Im not sure if that was something you wanted, or something my other partner wanted to learn but I did give both of you all the same tutorials Smiley
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011 06:52:33 AM by tiffi_333 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Myrdda

« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2011 08:04:20 AM »

awesome awesome! I think I'll just start with what I have and go from there. I might take you up on the toaster idea later, if that's cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

sophieangele
Two-headed girl

lacing fingers through the notches of your spine

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2011 11:45:35 AM »

Wow, the polymer clay kits are so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sophieangele
Two-headed girl

lacing fingers through the notches of your spine

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2011 12:55:52 PM »

I received! I got two amazing kits, a crochet one from NotKnit, and a rubber stamp making kit from CleanFeelin. Thank you both so much!

Pics:

NotKnit's crochet kit, including lovely yarns and a really cool magazine. My cat had to get in on the action, as you can see.

CleanFeelin's stamp carving set - I'm really excite dto try this!

Thank you both! I'm really looking forward to trying something new!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Repurpose Tin Cans
How to Create a Chinese Staircase-Patterned Friendship Bracelet
How to Make a Heart Duct Tape Coin Purse
How to Make a Duct Tape Passport Lanyard
How to Make Duct Tape Earrings
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...