A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,790
Currently Running With Scissors:
599 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DIY Craft Kit Round 14 Gallery  (Read 8843 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2011 10:25:54 AM »

That's so cool. I sew too, but just have never had any luck getting the plush or dolls right! I totally have respect for those that can make them! Good luck.

Proverbs 31: 10-31

Little M is growing in my belly! Due Feb 2013!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2011 06:34:09 PM »

I'm glad you liked everything, I chose a simple project so you wouldn't be intimidated by plushies anymore! Once you started, you will be SO addicted to making little plushie pals for everyone, young and old alike Wink I have been crazy busy between working, housework, and the kids (pulling 18-20 hour days o.0), and we're about to go out of state, but i will get that video edited and send you the link soon!

And to anyone interested, here is a pic by pic Sunny bunny tutorial. Once you get the hang of it, you could change the ears and add a tail and have a dog or cat!
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2011 02:54:49 PM »

I have received a lovely broomstick lace kit from ArpilInAutumn.

First of all, the crazy box it came in:

Almost a metre long! And you`ll see why...

There's three balls of 100% cotton yarn (mmmmm... cotton), a large of amount of very pretty pink acrylic, a pre-started sample, some regular crochet hooks, a huge a$$ knitting needle, and one GIANT NEEDLE TO END ALL NEEDLES. It was actually hand made! I believe this needle, about 60cm long, was the reason for the long box.

A note pad to magnet on to my fridge, and some sticky notes. So cute!

Thank you for everything April! I look forward to finishing the sample and more Smiley
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2011 08:59:04 PM »

i received from p.kok today! the package was OPEN! due to some problem with the envelope, it didn't seem to want to stay stuck together - but it's awesome! She DID ask us not to post pics until everyone had received from her, as the three polymer clay kits she sent are all similar.

Geeky Swap - sent

My Wists! www.wists.com/Myrdda
My Pinterest! www.pinterest.com/Myrdda
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2011 10:38:00 PM »

Guys!  I received both my packages today!  I didn't expect sophieangele's for awhile since it was coming all the way from Israel. I took a picture of the stamp because it has Hebrew on it, but I'll spare you that.

Anyway, to share...

First, leighi123 sent me a kit to make headbands.

IMAG0404 by April in Autumn, on Flickr

She sent me fabric, felt, buttons, ribbon, elastic, a measuring tape (which is awesome because I only have one and lose it all the time), straight pins, thread and needles.  I only took one group picture because y'all know what that stuff looks like.There's a great mix of fabrics... everything from vintage-looking stuff to a Halloween type print.  The instructions include a bunch of different ideas for headbands to get my creative juices flowing.

Next we have sophieangele's package.

IMAG0399 by April in Autumn, on Flickr
Everything together.

She sent two hoops, colored pencils (which I don't own), embroidery floss, a big book of instructions and samples.  You can see the pattern she made for me for my first project at the top.  It uses a bunch of different stitches.  She has it printed with instructions for all the stitches on a piece of paper and also transferred onto the fabric.

IMAG0402 by April in Autumn, on Flickr

There's a better picture of the pattern.

The samples are also very cool.  She started them and left room for me to practice on the same piece of fabric.  Some of them have the needles still attached and instructions written on paper or the fabric.

IMAG0403 by April in Autumn, on Flickr

I should mention that there are like 13 different sample stitches. 

I'm so excited about both of these kits and they will definitely get use.  You guys were great partners to have.

Crafter's Block = My worst enemy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2011 06:02:17 AM »

I received a great kit from AprilnAutumn.

She sent me some stitch markers, stitch counter, double pointed needles, a pattern to make the dish cloth she sent, a great stitch book with 99 patterns, as well as some great clear cut explanations/instructions on how to make cables.

I am starting slow and practicing a couple of the stitches from the book before I attempt the pattern that you sent me.

Thanks so much!

Current Swaps:
Mini 12 Days of Christmas - Crafting!

Personal Swaps Welcome
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2011 04:09:46 PM »

I received from p.kok today.  Unfortunately, it appears some unsavory character decided to open it, take out the goodies except the paper and stick it back shut.  Bummer.  But the Polymer Clay Miniatures prepared tutorial is very detailed, so I'm still looking forward to trying it!

on ravelry- knittingdietitian
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2011 05:29:02 PM »

I've been out of town for a family emergency all week & just got home--had a package (2 kits) from leighi123 waiting for me. I will post pics later when I have time. Thank you.

Proud SAHM to Emma (11/14/07) and Abigail (6/16/11).
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2011 07:28:03 PM »

mine was open too, but nothing gone ... dude, that's HORRIBLE!! was that on the postie end, or after delivery?

Geeky Swap - sent

My Wists! www.wists.com/Myrdda
My Pinterest! www.pinterest.com/Myrdda
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2011 07:37:51 PM »

That's so horrible about that package  Cry.

I'm loving all the packages.

April in Autumn--I love that package, it's making me really excited to receive mine as well from sophieangele. I can't believe how quickly it got to you. Now I'm hoping it comes soon, even though I was expecting it to be another month. But, I checked my mail the last 2 days and nothing.

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Priceless Advice From Stylist Kate Young That Will Cost You Almost Nothing
Teen Vogue’s Online Fashion Editor’s Personal Style Tips
Things You Need to Get Rid of by 30
Best Dressed at the 2014 ESPY Awards
How to Distress Denim at Home
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...